What's new

Plopsaland de Panne | The Ride to Happiness | Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster | 2021

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Not enamoured by the theme or the name but the concept art does look fantastic. I have faith that Plopsa will pull this theme off well though.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got to admit, although the theming looks fantastic and will probably be pulled off really well, I’m not actually that sure on the theme itself; it seems like a bit of an odd fit for a park like Plopsa, who seem to be more aimed at families and young kids on the whole.

Although I admit I’d never actually heard of Tomorrowland until this was announced, and initially thought it was something to do with the themed areas at Disney parks; I was very confused...

Matt SW

Roller Poster
Certainly an interesting theme and an even more interesting name. Wonder what made them spin towards this?

Hoping to return to this Park one day eventhough I was spited Heidi and Anubis on my last visit.

ThrillsExpress

Roller Poster
As a Belgian i'm so excited for this but i also kind of agree what JoshC says. When the GP talks about theme parks here, Walibi is always known as the 'Thrill' park and Plopsaland is more of a family park where kids can meet all they're childhood hero's and teens and adults can live they're nostalgia as Studio 100 is massive here. This new coaster really looks to put the park in a brand new direction, focusing less on the entire nostalgia and Studio 100 kid-friendly vibe. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing but it's for sure different

Projektion

Mega Poster
Certainly an interesting theme and an even more interesting name. Wonder what made them spin towards this?
As far as I can tell, it looks to be in reference to the theme of the 2014 edition of the festival, "The Key to Happiness", which also had a general steampunk aesthetic:
4086ab8d5d5a1d44065df5d640a16959-Tomorrowland2014_-_1920x480.jpg

Sterrenstof

Roller Poster
And on top of that, it's a very not-Plopsa theme. It just feels like a huge clash against the whole park, and one which I don't really like.
I disagree. If you forget the context of the dance-festival, all that remains is something that combines art nouveau and steampunk elements in a natural setting where you'ld expect fairies to pop out of the bushes within moments. It uses a visual language that is similiar to their indoor maya-themed zone and also has the use of faux grasspatches on roofs you see in the viking-zone. In my opinion it would even blend seamlessly with the gnome-themed area next to it.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
I disagree. If you forget the context of the dance-festival, all that remains is something that combines art nouveau and steampunk elements in a natural setting where you'ld expect fairies to pop out of the bushes within moments. It uses a visual language that is similiar to their indoor maya-themed zone and also has the use of faux grasspatches on roofs you see in the viking-zone. In my opinion it would even blend seamlessly with the gnome-themed area next to it.
True. And to be honest. I don't really care if they theme this to a plopsa movie or something else. This ride looks incredible!