What's new

Pleasure Beach Launch New Big One trains

Dave

CF Legend
The more I look at the BNP trains the more I like them, very smooth and uncheesy as it could of been

Martyn B

CF Legend
Will said:
Wait - I'm probably misunderstand here, but they've given Valhalla some TLC?
That's MUCH more exciting than British flags and trains named after me...

Their assumptions were based on it looking 'fresh' on the map! :lol:

So I wouldn't get your hopes up!

alexr

Hyper Poster
The Ride Has got a new entrance
P1160203.jpg

From : http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... ?f=6&t=510

It looks much more modern and they have got rid of the old pay boxes.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Where is the usual "COPYRIGHT OF PBE! DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSIONS OTHERWISE WE WILL KILL YOU!!!1 THESE ARE OUR PHOTOS! LOOK BUT DON'T TOUCH OR ELSE!!!!1" remark with that photo?

Aside from that, I'm glad to see that the park is unifying by using the same style branding throughout, but I can't get excited over a sign. The removal of the annoying pay boxes is a good idea, especially as I'm getting fatter.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
What makes me laugh is that you can't really copyright photo's once they have been uploaded on the internet. It's all public domain unless declared. About all you can do is watermark them.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
^ Where is the usual "COPYRIGHT OF PBE! DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSIONS OTHERWISE WE WILL KILL YOU!!!1 THESE ARE OUR PHOTOS! LOOK BUT DON'T TOUCH OR ELSE!!!!1" remark with that photo?
Forgot to add that!!
The only reason they are kind of copyrighted is because other sites try and use them with out permission and pass off as their own.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Will said:
Wait - I'm probably misunderstand here, but they've given Valhalla some TLC?
That's MUCH more exciting than British flags and trains named after me...

It was rumoured to have loads done to it over the offseason, but I'm pretty sure the rumours were nothing, because they said the ride would close on a particular date and it didn't and nobody's said anything about it since. So I was kinda taking the piss out of it.

I agree though, that was MUCH more exciting than this.

As for the backwards section, not sure. Surely we would've seen images or something if it was being changed because you can see right into it can't you? But it was being a git last year, with a man having to be there all the time, that can't be cost effective/ effecient.

T0M

Hyper Poster
Looks surprisingly decent...and a rare bit of patriotism for a UK park ride....sponsored by a highly Americanised company...

Kebab

Giga Poster
They're certainly doing work on Valhalla, but nothings been tinkered with on the backwards drop. I went saturday and it didn't open until 3pm, there were several workers going in and out of Valhalla I asked one of them why it was closed and he says its just a problem with the main waterfall over the entrance, I don't know how far anyone can believe that really...

It was shocking to see what was going on inside there though, it looked more in a state of disrepair than anything. The water-tunnel effect was working, but it's definately lost strength since the last time I rode it, it got me absolutely drenched! There was a substantial number of effects not working, I know this is common on Valhalla but literally most sections were just in complete darkness with no lighting at all. The part before the final drop seems to be having some work done where there's blatently step-ladders and tools everywhere, and roof tiles removed so you can see lights which are leaking into the ride section, I must admit that was kind of bad! :?

PMBO's 'train' is rather nice, not half as shocking as the bright orange re-paint of rollercoaster, but it has a nice authentic British taste to it (I'm saying 'train' because the other train is still under the station all silvery and original, not to worry). That's all I can say really, still rode the same. :)