What's new

Pleasure Beach Launch New Big One trains

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
The trains somehow work. I quite like the colour scheme (in spite of it being rather tacky), even if the ride sucks.

The marketing scheme and link to the royal wedding however... well, I think I may vomit openly.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Dunno, looks a bit American from those shots. Do you have any good, up close ones?

marc

CF Legend
I dont know what to think tbh.

They look a bit cheap in the finish but I am just so glad they got new trains, I hope they make the ride better.

When we see some closer pictures will be able to tell more. The paint just looks dull no shine to it almost like the trains are made of wood. Hard to explain.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^working for me.

Shots are from a long distance. Trains look okay from there, but I gotta say I'm dubious about the William and Kate name thing.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
When they're going up the climb hill it doesn't look THAT different since the rails are in the way. But, with regards to the image of the train on the brake run, it's just ncie to see some fresh looking trains on the thing.

Is it still loosing it's Pepsi Max tag then?

Ahh, from Facebook..

Hi James, Pepsi Max still sponsor the ride. We don't have a new station but have a few changes that we are sure guests will notice come opening weekend.

Guess not then.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Well it mentioned in the other topic that Pepsi's sponser had finished.... :|

Anywho, going by these and the original pics, I think it looks ok, better than I thought it would.

Will

Strata Poster
I quite like the idea - at least one of the trains gets a fairly awesome name out of the deal :p

I don't think I've ever met a Kate I've liked though.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Some Pictures of the ride testing from this thread http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... ?f=6&t=462
100_1362.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Also Ice Blast is getting British Theming/Signage
DSC_0096.jpg

Also Infusions started testing...
DSC_0100.jpg

Copyright Pbe.

Lofty

CF Legend
V.I.L.E - Saying that, the new PLeasure Beach sign on Ice Blast is actually pretty good, although it reminds me of Britains Got 'no' Talent.

Dave

CF Legend
All it needs now is one massive canvas Union Jack and it's sorted. BNP land is complete, I mean Pleasure Beach is patriotic.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I really like the union flag theme. Although, I think Blackpool is perhaps the only park which could pull this off because of its prestige, heritage, and quintessential English-seaside-ness. Retrieve the flag from those BNP scum I say, and be proud of it!!!

Not too sure about the naming though - I think that may be a tad over the top.

furie said:
"I see here that they've used an 'O' ring on the trains, which is different to the typical flange found on a Morgan hypercoaster train wheel assembly. Oh, did you feel the slight bump then? That's where the welding was made by inhouse engineers. You can tell the difference between the Arrow welds and the inhouse welds, wait... there, did you see the Arrow weld is slightly shorter and sharper? The inhouse welds have a much more prolonged judder on the trains. On my next run I'm going to sit with that rather attractive brunette in row 3... I've heard they used a different source for the seat belt buckles just for that one row as the manufacturer had run out of stock just before completing the contract. No, I've no idea why it might be row three and not the end of the train, but the assembly process..........."

Furie, I want your babies :--D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
FFS, just because somebody is proud to symbolise their nationality, it doesn't make them a member of the BNP! Are all of those British athletes wearing the union flag extreme nationalists? HAI SIR STEVE REDGRAVE, YOU'RE A RASICT CUS U FLY DA UNION JAK, INIT!!!!" Pathetic opinion to have.

Anyway, I think they look pretty snazzy. Lets not get carried away though, it's not going to change the ride experience.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't really watch sport.
I do however, have to go past my local BNP pub all to often.

Sorry, perhaps it's just me who thinks there's ground to be regained.

marc

CF Legend
Well said Ian.

It is funny in a way though the flag is being used yet the other end of the park they are going for one of the most popular things from the USA :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Mysterious Sue said:
Furie, I want your babies :--D

Well, I'm off speed dating next week, but I may let you cut in the queue that will have formed afterwards ;)

Ian, the flag has got a bad reputation over the last few years thanks to media hype. Doesn't mean I agree with it, but it's all about perception.

I agree that there's something great about bringing back the national flag on what is (and is in) one of the Great British 'icons'. It's almost exactly like our athletes wearing the flag and it does let the Nation know there's a happy thing to go with the symbol. Positive perception :)

I think it's also fantastically clever with the Olympics next year, Blackpool waving the flag for Britain kind of thing. There's only Blackpool could get away with it. Thorpe will be celebrating the largest sporting/media event ever to hit Britain with some post-apocalypse destruction and bleak outlook to the future... I think Blackpool are shockingly on the ball at times :lol:

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I have no problem with patriotism, or even the use of the Union flag, however it does come across as tacky in a lot of applications (on the PMBO trains) but not so in others (athletes, etc).

I think the main problem is the association it has; that of being associated with knuckle draggers these days.

Well if one good thing has come out of it (ignoring if the trains run better/less rattly) at least I'll have to the opportunity to ride Kate....

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Enicomb said:
however it does come across as tacky in a lot of applications (on the PMBO trains) but not so in others (athletes, etc).

That's why it works so well though. Blackpool (on the whole) is very much the definition of British Tackiness.

As for the UK flag being associated with 'knuckle draggers'... Really? I don't see the British flag and automatically see the BNP or EDL of whatever far-side group the country has.

That's the media-mongering if people are thinking like that. And a right shame.