What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

andrus

Giga Poster
ThomVD said:
Probably among the most popular European parks on CF.
Maybe even the most popular park..? At least one of the four most popular parks of Europe: Port Aventura, Europa Park, Efteling and Phantasialand.

The only thing Phantasia has against it is it's size. Other than that it's an amazing park, with amazing theming and amazing rides for children and thrill seekers alike! Earlier I've fancied PA and EP due to size, but with the opening of Taron I'm most certainly sure that will change :wink:

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Don't forget Alton Towers! :wink: Which isn't surprising, it being mostly a British-based site. But yeah, that's probably the top 5 European parks, with Phantasialand possibly being the most universally loved park.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Why don't we have a park tournament? Not unlike the now finished coaster tournament. It'd be very interesting.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ We had one in 2013, but nobody has picked it up last year. If somebody has interest to organise it (like valleyfair has for the coaster one), I'm sure people would participate. :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I love this picture. So much track.

382630d1441139182-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-bildschirmfoto-2015-08-31-um-23.45.52.png

CoasterFriends are doing a fantastic job with updates.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I'm amazed at just how much is getting rammed into that space. Concerned that they won't even commit to a 2016 opening, but I guess that's just them being extra cautious after Chiapas!

Lofty

CF Legend
Just gonna put this out there, but, Cheetah Hunt is commonly slated because it's just 'meandering curves' and not much to it, aside from timing, this is really going to have a very similar riding experience yet everybody is losing there **** over it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^I can't speak for anyone else but I found the meandering on Cheetah Hunt to be a lot to do with being out in the plains once out of the initial trench, only the S curves were fun and is basically an out and back with not many elements.
This will be near miss filled, diving into tunnels, 2 proper launches out of tunnels, potentially lap bars and is said to be faster.
I think the looks and the fact that it's Phantasia theming is exciting.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, the word meandering is perfect for Cheetah Hunt but not for this.

This is a totally different beast.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Some new photos - Coasterfriends forum - original source

2nd launch - Shame that it's not enclosed, but it looks amazing!

384788d1441653403-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-img_33085.jpg

2nd launch exit into tall twisty section

384782d1441653388-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-img_28364.jpg

Mess of track, supports and theming

384787d1441653401-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-img_32874.jpg

Section just before 2nd launch

384793d1441653412-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-img_33624.jpg

Quite a few more on there, these are the best ones imo.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Wow - that even looks better than Disney! This'll probably be one of those rides where if you put it in a field, it would be good to mediocre, but suddenly becomes world class with the sheer scale of the theming and the near-miss points.

Imagine if they lit it up at night :p

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Have you even been to the park? Chiapas is beautiful both in photos and in person, and Taron looks stunning already and it's not even finished!

It's great they got rid of the western themed area too, I find Wild West areas in theme parks are getting boring now.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm sure the theme park you're building with the million you're going to raise on Kickstarter will be so much nicer.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I respect people's opinions, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone could find this, or even worse, Chiapas (?!) fugly.... How..?