What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It just looks phenomenal, the fake geology is enough to make the geologist in me moist.

The coaster looks pretty wow too, Phantasialand has one world class coaster, Black Mamba, but it looks like it's about to get another!

Edited to shut Ben up -_-

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Yeah, I saw that rock and immediately thought of Giant's Causeway. Maybe this is one of those dragons that lives in a volcano or something commonly seen in RPGs and the like? Not familiar with the actual Taron legend (assuming that's what it is) but putting pieces together that would make sense. And it would make a really cool coaster theme!

This looks to be the best Intamin not called Skyrush! I can't wait to ride it someday when I'm out of school!

peep

CF Legend
I don't believe this is based on anything. Like the other attractions at the park this will be a unique story created by the clever peeps working at the park. I love the sort of folklore-ish style of the village that is coming with it (the station building is coming along nicely).

I haven't checked since the other day but they have started putting together a big cluster of something which could be a base for a lot of supports (really hard to tell).

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
peep said:
Ha, yep. I saw a really nice image last night taken from the top of that swervey piece of track, it looks amazing.
381055d1440636073-201x-neuheit-taron-launch-coaster-intamin-themenbereich-klugheim-phantasialand-taron-schienen-eingepackt-02.jpg

peep

CF Legend
Ha, yep that is the one. Annoyingly I can't work out what direction the train will be going along that bit. It's just so insane <3

peep

CF Legend
Ooo cool, that was the direction I was hoping for.

We just have to hope they don't ruin it with a silly restraint system.

spicy

Giga Poster
Is there a No Limits recreation or anything similar available online anywhere? I'd love to get a better idea of the layout of this thing, there seems to just be track everywhere.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
spicy said:
Is there a No Limits recreation or anything similar available online anywhere? I'd love to get a better idea of the layout of this thing, there seems to just be track everywhere.

Here is the latest version I could find, dated 17th Aug

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsFxis9sMes&feature=iv&src_vid=CQwW1u4oXGs&annotation_id=annotation_3680235033[/youtube]

TilenB

Strata Poster
peep said:
Ooo cool, that was the direction I was hoping for.

We just have to hope they don't ruin it with a silly restraint system.

Doubt that this will have any kind of OTSRs. Rcdb lists it as a Blitz coaster, so I can imagine it will have similar trains to those found on the two that have recently been built in Turkey. :)

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I've always thought Phantasialand was a very underrated park, if it continues to be after Taron is completed I will eat my socks. Hope the ride flows well through the layout!

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I've always thought Phantasialand was a very underrated park, if it continues to be after Taron is completed I will eat my socks. Hope the ride flows well through the layout!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Underrated? By who? It has nothing but MASSIVELY positive praise by literally EVERYONE that goes there.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I would say it's underrated by the GP in at least Netherlands and Germany as far as I've seen. Everybody goes on about Europa Park, and people usually see Phantasialand as the much smaller and less impressive park. In Netherlands Movie Park is a lot more popular than Phantasialand for god knows what reason. But like Gavin said, it's massively praised by enthusiasts. Probably among the most popular European parks on CF.