What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

peep

CF Legend
What you've all been waiting for, another wall update from Phantafriends:
IMG_20181002_131305.thumb.jpg.9ec30135e8d329efb379e1c47b4bccf9.jpg

If you're about to post below complaining about how you're bored of wall posts, then stop checking the thread, because that's all you're getting xo

Huh, I didn't even think about being able to see the wall from this angle (which is silly of me as you could see the dome from Berlin). Curious to see how this will look once complete as it'll have to blend with several different themes.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Speaking of walls... Pictures from PhantaFriends.de.
IMG_20181002_160923.thumb.jpg.8e7984c6d8391c0d72dae64e9422a755.jpg

IMG_20181002_160816.thumb.jpg.99e7c670677c1a11caf525548189398e.jpg

First layer of concrete for the theming on the Fantasy side of has been sprayed onto parts of the structure.
Screenshot_20181002-184933_Discord.jpg

Looks to me a bit like a face of some sort with horns?? A dragon maybe?

For anyone interested in how Universal Rocks does their work, a throwback to first behind the scenes of Klugheim video the park released in 2015.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
It's okay. I understand you were confused, I first also thought that it was at the back side (Rookburgh side) of the wall. Haha. ;)

But it would be cool if both dragons would be integrated in the wall, Phenie at the Fantasy side and Drago at the Rookburgh side. :)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Having a look closer look at a high quality version it certainly looks like some kind of animal/dragon face in between the towers/columns - horns or ears, eyes and under the scaffolding walkway there two indents in the face which look like nostrils.
Above the dragon face there is an archway (almost like a window frame). Looking at the shaping of the bare framework, where the the mesh and concrete has not been applied yet, under the blue tarp, there seems to be two wide arches.
Rookburgh_wall_1st_October_theming_3.jpg

Really intrigued to see this theming develop. Especially how different or similar will it be compared to the Wuze Town facade.

Are we still in the dark about what time of year this is going to open?
Completely. I'd guess it will probably end up being around the same time as Klugheim's - just before the Summer holidays.

But there's really no telling yet, such a project is just too unpredictable.
It could potentially be earlier.
But then it could also be later if the worst happens and they suffer any kind of construction delays or delays due to technical issues with it being a prototype. But hopefully not. Although if it does happen please let it not be a major delay - it would kill me to have to wait until 2020 :confused::p

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I also think they will never really include the dragons in any of their permanent decorations. Its something they can change over the course of the years if tgey want to or need to