What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
May have to revise my day earlier statement, looks like this whole area could be a little more thrilling than I was expecting, judging by the track in one photo and the gyrosphere in the other! Even though these may not truly reflect the new rides it does point to a more intense area.

Edit*
Can definitely see a Mack spinner in the main image, can see the trains quite clearly.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I’m seeing Coaster, Rapids and returned tractor ride?

I was thinking large log flume over rapids, but I guess either is possible? Also a gyro swing? I don't know enough about the area Tornado Springs is going into the know what's possible in terms of space, etc. So hard to know what's possible.

Loving the artwork they've produced for this. I'm also enjoying the slight Cars / Radiator Springs vibe they've got, whether intentional or not!

EthC

Mega Poster
I have a feeling people are being a tad optimistic about the whole water ride thing. Wave Runner is in this new area already and if you look closely you can see the slide to the right of the water fall picture. Then again that is definitely a coaster with a tri rail track and a gyro swing by looking at it so yay can't wait to see all this. Also I see two family drop towers too so that seems exciting.

Jared

Hyper Poster
If you look really closely at the section of track on the image it shows 3 cars. They look like spinning coaster cars. So maybe the suggestion of Mack Spinning isn’t unfounded. Either way I’m excited for this. The parks only half hour away from me.

As for the area this is being built on, it’s rather large. If it goes all the way down to where the tractors are, this is a big site.

Lofty

CF Legend
You can see the swinging gyro ride, I'd assume it's potentially this model:
https://www.zamperla.com/products/discovery/

Also, when you look closer, it is most certainly tri-rail in the photo, whether or not that's there just to signify a coaster a place marker, who knows - if it is tri-rail and Mack, I'd assume we may be looking at something like Turbulence, the really compact smaller spinner seen as it's already been cloned once.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Also, when you look closer, it is most certainly tri-rail in the photo, whether or not that's there just to signify a coaster a place marker, who knows - if it is tri-rail and Mack, I'd assume we may be looking at something like Turbulence, the really compact smaller spinner seen as it's already been cloned once.
Not saying it is or isn't a Mack (haven't followed the discussion on that point in detail), but just to say that I hadn't cottoned on to the fact that Mack make three different models of spinner (Turbulence, Twist [Dwervelwind] and Sierra Sidewinder). Nice!

Yes, if they do indeed go for a Mack spinner, one of those Turbulence models would probably be perfect for Paultons. It'd love to see them go a little bigger, but maybe that's not practical just yet...

Howie

Donkey in a hat
At this moment in time, Mac could refer to :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing Old McDonald and his farm. I think people may be reading into it a LITTLE too much.

What was that, Lofty, you'd like to eat your own words? Served in a big slice of humble pie? With a large side order of egg-on-face?

Coming right up! :p :D ;)

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Even Turbulence, the smallest of the cloned Mack spinners, would be a worthwhile addition to Paulton's.

Depressing fun fact of the day: At 64.4 km/h, it would be the sixth fastest coaster built in the UK in the past 10 years (behind Smiler, Icon, Swarm, Wicker Man and Thirteen). Depending on its opening date, it could even move up to fifth, as Thirteen is becoming ten years old in late March next year.

Jared

Hyper Poster
278aaa06a4a7ade24428f5c3f27aa212.jpg

If you look closely at this part of the image, that’s clearly their 4-lane racing water slide. So that’ll be a retheme there, which makes this area seem all that much larger.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I'm gonna call a Mack Inverted Powered Coaster, like Arthur.

Paultons has never appealed to me, but I'm a huge fan of what they're doing at the moment. It's great for the UK theme park industry - Merlin must be raging that they've got the Pepa Pig rights.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm gonna call a Mack Inverted Powered Coaster, like Arthur.
Why, when the name and theme of the area massively hints at a spinning coaster and the park doesn't already have one? :confused:

Given the park's previous working relationship with Vekoma on the Lost Kingdom area, and the company's recent prototypes, is a Vekoma spinner not a viable suggestion? It would presumably be cheaper than a Mack one too.

I love the concept for this new area, seems like their people have put a lot of thought into it and it will be another step to transforming the park into a proper Theme Park. If they put the same effort into it that they did with The Lost Kingdom then it should be excellent.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Why, when the name and theme of the area massively hints at a spinning coaster and the park doesn't already have one? :confused:
Because they can spin.

Not a free spin, but they can rotate 360 degrees.

And because it's an awesome coaster model and there aren't enough of them.

Edit: thinking about it, Arthur works because the themeing is so good. Id imagine it would be well out of their budget for the coaster *and* level of themeing required to make it a decent ride. So perhaps not.

Last edited:

Niles

Giga Poster
I’m getting far to existed for this :D

What looks like
3 re-themed attractions
A diner
2 tower rides
A gyro swing
And a coaster of a thrilling nature

My expectations were exseded, hopefully all the above comes to pass and they keep it at the same level as what they have been doing themeing wise.

Great start for 2020 in the uk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I’m kinda hoping there’s not more tower rides, the park already has magma and two frog hoppers as tower rides which is more than enough

Niles

Giga Poster
I’m kinda hoping there’s not more tower rides, the park already has magma and two frog hoppers as tower rides which is more than enough

I agree they don’t need any more, but unless I missed something I can’t see the jumping bean and the outher little one on the new map so they might have gone?