What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Ooh. Even I have to admit, this looks like the construction topic to watch. I really need to get myself over to Asterix as well as about 50 other parks for 2012...

Wasn't this the artwork that was given out when the announcement was made?:

oaaelaadh.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

There was something that was released, but no word on whether it was official or not, and you could only see the first half of the ride anyway, so its still a bit of a mystery even it was official. We need more construction like this...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah that looks about right from what I can remember. Looks a bit dull towards the end as the train just farts about.

So if that is correct, this is the B&M Invert without a zero-g roll, and a corkscrew/flat spin/wingover, but with an inline twist.

Ben

CF Legend

That is the worst No Limits video evveerrrr.

Also, I'm still worried about this being a typical new B&M invert. I don't want Silver Bullet in a pit <//3

Lofty

CF Legend

Oh god, that is by far one of the worst No Limits ever.

I can't remember even seeing the layout and stuff, but some of the elements in there rang a bell in my mind. Let's hope the finished coaster is going to be better - Yes, that's a joke.

spicy

Giga Poster

Pretty poor layout in my opinion. The start reminds me of Dueling dragons Fire.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

From that NoLimits video I'm expecting this to be a SLC! :p

.Will

Roller Poster

Wow! This looks like it is going to be a really really epic coaster same colour scheme as Montu as well.

Ben

CF Legend

It's a new B&M Invert... It's gunna be forceless. And probably crap. And it's at Parc Asterix, which is a hole. And it'll be FRENCH.

Excuse me whilst I can't get excited <//3

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Ben said:
It's a new B&M Invert... It's gunna be forceless. And probably crap. And it's at Parc Asterix, which is a hole. And it'll be FRENCH.

But the colour-scheme looks just like Montu's, which is amazing!

Let's see how this turns out...

.Will

Roller Poster

It is a little bit unfair to judge something that hasn't even been finished yet.

;)

Ben

CF Legend

oriolat2 said:
Ben said:

Let's see how this turns out...

I'd rather just go ride the proper Montu ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend

oriolat2 said:

Which automatically means it will be a great ride? I'm not pre-judging anything, like with all coasters, I'll knock it once I've tried it.

I'm more interested to see how they theme the thing, Asterix always do crazy, quirky stuff with their rides. Have we any idea what theme they're going with yet?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ You're probably right. They are lacking an Egyptian themed area and they did feature in the books/cartoons.

Then again, they could have an Egyptian themed area already and I wasn't paying any attention when I visited five years ago.

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, they have like, the stone age section, the Rome section, the Greece section, and the **** section. OH WAIT, that's the entire park.

And being Egyptian themed would make it even more of a Montu wanabee <3