What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

I've we've already seen the video, but here's that picture of the layout:

parc20asterix2020bm.jpg

From TPR.

The end section does look different to that amazing re-creation we saw.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

OMG, just noticed the underwater tunnel... <3

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

I like all the swooping turns. If it's legit, it will definitely be a unique invert. I think that will be the first dive loop on a B&M invert as well.

For the ending, it looks like that helix leads into a corkscrew behind the station, followed by another helix and a second corkscrew and a turn into the brakes. It's really hard to see though.

michaellll

Mega Poster

Why hasn't there been a dive loop on an invert!? Why has B&M held out on us so long? I'm imagining a dive loop on an invert, and trust me, I'm enjoying it.

What makes it even better is that it's the first element after the drop. I think this thing could end up being my favorite invert, and not just for that, but for the whole layout. It's just so unique. The only other standout invert in the same category (layouts) would be black mamba.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Hopefully B&M decided to step their game back up and will have these be constant forces like the early, terrific, inverts. It could be extremely forceful, or it could just float through everything gingerly like Silver Bullet, that dive loop into the overbank could just kick your ass forces, which would be ideal!

Martyn B

CF Legend

For the ending, it looks like that helix leads into a corkscrew behind the station

I dont think there will be enough space to fit a corkscrew behind the station. From that picture, it looks like it could be a small zero-g roll.

Also, what does it do after that under water tunnel? The shadow shows the track is curved, that could well be a zero-g?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Inline twist? Please be an inline twist... <3

Brookes

Giga Poster

michaellll said:
Why hasn't there been a dive loop on an invert!? Why has B&M held out on us so long? I'm imagining a dive loop on an invert, and trust me, I'm enjoying it.

Well the first half of a batwing is basically a dive loop, and batwings on inverts are awesome!!

michaellll

Mega Poster

^true, but none of the batwings have been very big right? Certainly not on the scale of this?

You are right though.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Now that's an interesting layout. It's nice to see B&M trying something a bit different. As great as their coasters are, they were getting a bit bland sticking with the same old, same old.

Damn it, now I have yet another reason to get off my arse and get myself down to Parc Asterix.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Why not?
jcmecr0ehe18a0006iqf8b.jpg

It would look SO awesome. :D

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Yeah, but this is Europe. I didn't mean it couldn't be built, just that it's unlikely to make it into reality.

We couldn't even get the Krake mouth pushed through. I'm very skeptical that they would spend that much money on something that is basically elaborate structural theming, rather than the actual ride. I'd love to be wrong though

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Well a simple tunnel through a man-made lake wouldn't really be that hard, would it? Compared with what they were trying to do with Krake.

Here's to hoping...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

There's blatantly going to be a CF-Live at Asterix next year.

Also, there has been further construction. Can be viewed on Potionmagix. It doesn't show much else, just a few added bits of track, but no elements or OMG bits.

Lofty

CF Legend

Mysterious Sue said:
Yeah, but this is Europe. I didn't mean it couldn't be built, just that it's unlikely to make it into reality.

We couldn't even get the Krake mouth pushed through. I'm very skeptical that they would spend that much money on something that is basically elaborate structural theming, rather than the actual ride. I'd love to be wrong though

With Krake, that was a totally different, whilst similar concept. The actual mouth JUST covered the clearance needed by the trains, yet, was still close enough for it not to be deemed safe, which to be honest, is pretty ridiculous, if it passes clearance, surely it's safe, right?

This tunnel, is well, a tunnel. Another factor could actually be that this is an invert, you can actually "touch less" or rather, "TRY to touch less" than you could if say, you tried to grab the theming on a normal coaster. The track above you, no way of attempting to grab below you, only 2 riders per car could even attempt to reach out.

Personally, I think they'll be fine.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Well glad everyone's so positive about it. I hope they pull it off - it would look fab

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

If we're talking tunnels (which we're not), then one word - Oblivion.

Unfortunately there are no new photos on Potionmagix, although there's bound to be some new ones next week. I also LOVE the way their topic has reached 82 pages. It's like a CoasterForce Thorpe construction topic <3

tks

Strata Poster

Thorpe are building a new ride???? :eek:

loljk.

I'm all up for an Asterix adventure next year. Love to finally get to this park, and yaaaay new B&M :)

real

Roller Poster

Oh my...that on-ride that was made...I don't even want to go into all the massive errors. I'm not even sure there's not a MCB on this ride unless we know it only has 2 trains. They make it seem like it just comes out of an S turn and pauses a moment like on Patriot but in the picture it looks to flatten out a lot more. It would only make sense. But that video is so so bad...

Great looking layout.