What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Hmm, after doing a bit more digging, this is actually something I've overlooked but am now really excited about!

How many new B&Ms are coming to Europe in the next few years! It's brilliant news!

I'm interested to read that it'll be the "tallest and fastest in France."

B&M inverts don't seem that tall to me. It'll be very interesting to see this one go up.

^^
Thorpe suddenly looking that much less exciting? :p
My French isn't what it used to be, but I'm interested.

^ My loyalties will lie with Thorpe because it's one of my home parks, but I love B&M inverts and it's a doable-in-a-day park for me. Yeah, looking good.

I don't think it is, RCDB says it is 113ft tall, but Monster at Walygator is 131ft tall? Unless someone is putting out wrong measurements.

Dave said:
I don't think it is, RCDB says it is 113ft tall, but Monster at Walygator is 131ft tall? Unless someone is putting out wrong measurements.
Perhaps it's one of those ground level/sea level measurements that we're used to?

The first page of www.potionmagix.fr topic says (using Google Transate)
According to Official information by François Fassier in the Sunday newspaper in July 2010:
"This Saturday, the JDD has devoted an article to François Fassier, the" Druid Park Asterix. "He reveals that the park Gallic develops a new themed area of 9 hectares large and offer a unique attraction in France at a cost of 20 million euros. This should be the highest and fastest attraction in France. This "super-scripted juggernaut" should open in late 2011-early 2012. "

Ian said:
Dave said:
Perhaps it's one of those ground level/sea level measurements that we're used to?

Yeah that's what I thought as it's partially buried.

Completely off topic, but what park in France was supposed to be getting a Mega-Lite soon? I remember hearing something about this some time last year...

POTIONMAGIX said:
For cons, I saw that you had a debate on "the greatest coaster France", in fact he must be careful because it was mostly an effect of commercial advertisement in a newspaper in early 2011.

It will not be the greatest of France in reality (35 to 40 meters from memory), but it will be all the same a very nice toy :p

So 35 - 40 metres then so not the tallest (thanks for the PM POTIONMAGIX)

Hello, (google translation French / English ^_^)

Foundations and walls of the station began to be cast.

- The blue arrow represents the direction of the lift out of the station.
- The red zone represents the boarding platform.
- The Green Room shows the cabinets of the process.

http://www.potionmagix.fr/forumix/galle ... ge_id=4434
http://www.potionmagix.fr/forumix/galle ... ge_id=4438
parcastrixcoasterbm2012.jpg

parcastrixcoasterbm2012.jpg

Latest photos and information of the site are on this page: http://www.potionmagix.fr/forumix/post29988.html#p29988

Bye

Edit: The photos do not seem to want displayed ... :cry:

^The photos aren't .jpg but are simply links to the pictures. That is trouble on their end.. not ours. :D

Is it just me or has this coaster been started very early? I might be mistaken, but I didn't think many parts started 'proper' construction this far in advance.

I keep wondering has it actually be CONFIRMED by the park as 2012, or are people assuming? Because, surely, they COULD open it really late this year... COULD... Surely?