What's new

Parc Astérix | Toutatis | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This looks incredible. It's Maverick in RMC's world.

Seriously, this is a testament to just how Earth shattering RMC has been. Here we have Intamin, of all companies, saying let's give it our best shot at giving them a run for their money. And the best part about this is that this renaissance doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon!

TilenB

Strata Poster
Beat you to it. ;)
giphy.gif

Sandman

Giga Poster
That half pipe triple launch looks ridiculous, this is going to be absolutely filthy by the looks of it. Almost topping out at 170ft as well, for a multi-launch this appears to be well rounded.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It’s that bit where it goes forwards over the switch track, stalls, goes backwards and then over the switch track in reverse in the space of seconds.

Snoo had to bring me round with smelling salts.

Matt N

CF Legend
I haven't watched the POV yet, but this sounds like a potential Taron beater, or dare I say it; I even reckon it could be the next Steel Vengeance!

Even if it isn't either of those things, it is sure to be a fabulous ride!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It’s that bit where it goes forwards over the switch track, stalls, goes backwards and then over the switch track in reverse in the space of seconds.

Snoo had to bring me round with smelling salts.
Yeah, this is the potential Achilles heel. Intamin is boldly attempting an on the fly switch. I can't think of a ride that switches without the train parked in a block brake. I can't imagine how many datums, sensors, and redundancies they're going to incorporate into this piece of hardware to ensure it's aligned. If this ride goes down for maintenance, it will almost certainly be caused by this switch track.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
As someone who's never been sure on the triple launch trend incorporated into long coasters, I'm so glad to see something which really excites me. That just looks bloody mental with the airtime hills back and forth, and the whole layout looks like so much fun.

Intamin and Parc Asterix into a winner and a half.

Peet

Giga Poster
Yeah, this is the potential Achilles heel. Intamin is boldly attempting an on the fly switch. I can't think of a ride that switches without the train parked in a block brake. I can't imagine how many datums, sensors, and redundancies they're going to incorporate into this piece of hardware to ensure it's aligned. If this ride goes down for maintenance, it will almost certainly be caused by this switch track.
This was my thought as well; it has to be capable of stopping the train before it reaches the switch track on the reverse run in case the switch track fails. It then has to be capable of launching the train from stationary and clearing the top hat, I guess in that scenario it would launch 4 or 5 times instead of the usual 3.

In any case, this looks incredible, I love the concept of a rolling, non-stop triple launch. I have been telling all of my friends and family about it, needless to say none of them are interested!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I was thinking about this but they must have LSMs in that section to launch it over the final time so those would probably be able to catch the train before it hits the transfer track if there was an error. I hope.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I can't think of a ride that switches without the train parked in a block brake.
Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars definitely does not stop on the lift hill before dropping backwards over the switch. (Unlike Everest) also, I'm sure the LIM/LSM are used as a redundant Fail-Safe.I'm sure if the ride detects the switch isn't in place before the train hit a certain point in the launch it goes into an automatic slow down or after the stall...it will stop like any other shuttle launch