What's new

Olympia Looping & Winter Wonderland stuff

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've been browsing the web a bit trying to find some info on German fairs, and on more than one occasion I've seen people talking about this *rumour* of Olympia Looping coming to Hyde Park next year, to coincide with the Olympics.

God I hope its true I tell ya...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Re: Olympia Looping - Coming to the UK?

Oh please god be true! It will be the highlight of the coaster year, topping LC12 XD

A

Anonymous

^^ That sounds like a terrific idea, wonder if they have done something similar in the past, I mean showing up at some European Olympics??

We'll see when they release the schedule for next year...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Want. Want. Want. Want. Want.

A

Anonymous

Also thinking about it, it would actually be stupid of them not to go, yes it's a bit of a trek to get there with all their equipment, but seeing it from an financial aspect then it would actually be better to be in London during the Olympics than at some German Fair for a week...

If this happens to be truth then the UK enthusiast that don't go there to ride it is an idiot, since easily one of the best coasters in Europe...

marc

CF Legend

I heard this about a year ago and lived in hope, but there seems to be more and more being said about it now.

I really hope it is true.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

:D wow that looks an exciting coaster. I hope there's some truth in it. Links anyone?

spicy

Giga Poster

Awesome! I hope this is true!

Also is it a schwarzkopf?

A

Anonymous

^ One of his last...

Martyn B

CF Legend

Links anyone?

Didn't see much point in posting any links, as they wouldn't contain any conrete info, as there isn't any, just people saying its rumoured to heading our way...

Emmett

Giga Poster

I can just imagine how much it will cost per ride seeing as they will have to ship it over from Germany. It was around €6/€7 a go at the Oktoberfest a couple of years ago. They'd make a killing with the number of tourists than will be around when the Olympics are on.

It would make a great backdrop with the 5 loops.

vgmaster9

Roller Poster

Sounds interesting if true. UK fairs don't use many coasters from my recollection.

msep003

Roller Poster

If its true this means that London has something worth it compare to the Most Expensive Ferris Wheel on the planet on the River Thames hum hum ... !!!

Nic

Strata Poster

Sorry to be a killjoy, but just why is everyone creaming themselves over this? Yes, for a travelling coaster, the scale of it is completely epic, but if it was in a park, I think I'd be pretty "meh" about it. I does look cool and everything, but I can't quite understand why everyone is getting SO excited about it?

Can someone who's been on it verify that it is worth getting all unnecessary over?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Not been on it obv., but I'm sure I read somewhere that the tightness of the loops is quite unusual and generates some really high gs :D

EDIT: From Wiki
'Olympia Looping is named for its 5 vertical loops, which resemble the Olympic rings. Although these loops are clothoid-shaped their shape is closer to circular than the loops on most other roller coasters so they exert unusually high g-forces on the passengers (up to 5.2 g).'

Nic

Strata Poster

Hmmmm, as I thought. Lots of g's, and repeated 5 times over. Sounds pretty uncomfortable.

As I alluded to before, I'm prepared to be persuaded otherwise., but only by someone who has actually been on it.

A

Anonymous

Have ridden it a couple of times, and I have to say that it's easily one of the best coasters in Europe. Smooth, powerful and some really awesome loopings, not those boring ones you find on B&M's, Intamin's or similar, but really fast and in the back of the train you get dragged round the top which is one of the most awesome feelings that any inversion produce.
But in all when you are up close to it then it's massive scale is really get to you and the incredible smoothnes of such a large ride that moves around so much is beyond belief (gives a better ride than many B&M's even).

It's one of those rides that you really have to experiewnce in person to fully appriciate...

Posting on the go...

Darren B

Giga Poster

This Coaster looks epic for a traveller!! But what kind of support rides should we expect given that the rumour comes to truth? I certainly couldn't warrant a 200 mile round trip just for one attraction.

Patrick

Hyper Poster

If this is true I'll definitely be getting the train down to London for a ride, been very interested in these old Schwarzkopf loopers for a long time.