What's new

Olympia Looping & Winter Wonderland stuff

A

Anonymous

Re: Olympia Looping - Coming to the UK?

DarrenBloomfield said:
I certainly couldn't warrant a 200 mile round trip just for one attraction.
200 mile is nothing, especially that you have to go to Germany to ride it otherwise...

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Yes, if you have a car, a 200 mile round trip isn't that much really. I've travelled further, for worse!

And I can kinda see what Nic's saying... I'd imagine if you have ridden Magnum Force, or anything similar, its not really going to be that much different.

marc

CF Legend

The coaster is rated higher than a lot of perminant coasters so that says it all really.

People do a 400 mile round trip to ride rubbish they have at other parks so I dont really see the problem in doing this for a classic coaster that is rated but just about everyone that has been on it. And loads of people travel to Hyde Park to ride Apple coasters just to get the cred lol.

For me I like high G so it is always a coaster I have wanted to ride. I hate all these slow loop forceless coasters we keep getting.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Still not as good as that Inverted Euro Coaster thing at Christmas... ;)

Seriously, one of the most highly rated rides in Europe popping into London for a few weeks? That'll be worth the annoyingness of the Olympics ALONE... Though whether or not it counts as an actual cred is another arguement...

marc

CF Legend

^It does count, it is actually listed on count websites.

Mark

Strata Poster

marc said:
People do a 400 mile round trip to ride rubbish they have at other parks so I dont really see the problem in doing this for a classic coaster that is rated but just about everyone that has been on it. And loads of people travel to Hyde Park to ride Apple coasters just to get the cred lol.

LOL! So true and oh my word, don't they get excited about it too... :p

I would absolutely love to get on this coaster! It looks awesome to ride and after riding AlpinaBahn and thinking it was much better then the majority of the 300 permanent coasters I have ridden it isn't so far a stretch to believe that Olympia Looping is epic and better then the majority of permanent coasters. (I don't think I have ever heard a negative word about it).

Bring it on!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I was planning on completely avoiding going anywhere near London during the Olymipcs. If this is true, and there are maybe a few more decent coasters/rides, then I might rethink that.

Magnum Force used to be one of my favourite coasters (not sure how it would stack up these days though), and Olympia Looping seems to be the most similar coaster to that, so I'm sure I'd really like it.

Mark

Strata Poster

Me too Gavin. I want nothing to do with the Olympics. However, if this is true... you are cordially invited to stay at ours to make the trip easier :p Seriously though, if this does come to pass. I WILL be putting together a trip :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

Though whether or not it counts as an actual cred is another arguement

Not that it really matters, but why on earth would it not count?

STC

Mega Poster

Martyn B said:

Lots of people don't count travelling coasters as credits, presumably because it's very difficult to know if you've been on this exact Reverchon wild mouse before or not. They're also not on RCDB for the same reason. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

marc said:
^It does count, it is actually listed on count websites.

Though, it's NOT on rcdb, which is where I base my counts off...

Again though, it's all down to the person involved... This would probs be about the only travelling coaster (with Hollenblitz) I would be tempted to include...

Martyn B

CF Legend

So you dont count it as a roller coaster because its not on RCDB? So it not being on there means it is NOT a roller coaster and not worthy of being counted as a roller coaster?

Mark

Strata Poster

STC said:
Martyn B said:

Lots of people don't count travelling coasters as credits, presumably because it's very difficult to know if you've been on this exact Reverchon wild mouse before or not.

The exact reason I have never really bothered adding them to my count right there :p

Although I really should count Alpina Bahn and the indoor spinning thing that I can never remember the name of...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Martyn B said:
So you dont count it as a roller coaster because its not on RCDB? So it not being on there means it is NOT a roller coaster and not worthy of being counted as a roller coaster?

I don't count things on my list because they're not roller coasters... To say that I (or anyone) would think that Looping isn't one is ranging on the ridiculous tbh...

Coaster Counts are all personal opinion anyways and I've never counted travelling coasters on it before, so I don't HAVE to count it on my list...

Martyn B

CF Legend

So its a coaster, you've been on it, but you dont count it on your list of coasters you've been on? :lol: :p

I can understand with the Mouse coasters, and the obsurd amount we have at our fairs, but this a fairly unique coaster.

Anywayz...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^My thoughts exactly. It's not like there's any chance whatsoever you might have ridden it before without knowing, like you get with the travelling mouse or caterpillar coasters; it's the only one.

marc

CF Legend

Not sure how it can be in 2 places at the same time though, there are a few fairs in Germany in June and July where this coaster normally is. We shall see but I just do not think it will happen.

You only need to search on Google to see the story has been going round since 2009.

Dont get me wrong I would love it to happen, but after reading the German festival schedule I just cannot see it :(

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

After riding Montana Infinitum(Magnum Force after it moved to Mexico), I would say that I'd love to take a spin on Olympia Looping. Infinitum was absolutely mindblowing, and I can't imagine Olympia Looping being anything less. It's a bit far and a bit out of my budget though, if the rumor is true.

Martyn B

CF Legend

q[uote]Not sure how it can be in 2 places at the same time though, there are a few fairs in Germany in June and July where this coaster normally is. We shall see but I just do not think it will happen.

You only need to search on Google to see the story has been going round since 2009.

Dont get me wrong I would love it to happen, but after reading the German festival schedule I just cannot see it[/quote]

The German fairs ain't built around Olympia Looping, there are other rides at their fairs, so they would still take place if this does turn out to be true.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

As much as I hate London in general, and want nothing to do with the Olympics whatsoever, if Olympia Looping appears in the UK, I'm there. Even if it's only for a day trip. There is no way I'm passing up an opportunity to ride this thing without having to trek all the way to Germany.