What's new

Olympia Looping & Winter Wonderland stuff

Rob

Mega Poster
Re: Olympia Looping - Coming to the UK?

Just a note, technically speaking this is NOT a Schwarzkopf coaster, it's produced by a company called BHS, the design and layout are Schwarzkopf products, but the manufacture of the physical materials that are the roller coaster is BHS. It's kind of Schwarzkopf's intellectual property.

But yay, one of the coasters in the world I desperately want to ride.

marc

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
q[uote]Not sure how it can be in 2 places at the same time though, there are a few fairs in Germany in June and July where this coaster normally is. We shall see but I just do not think it will happen.

You only need to search on Google to see the story has been going round since 2009.

Dont get me wrong I would love it to happen, but after reading the German festival schedule I just cannot see it

The German fairs ain't built around Olympia Looping, there are other rides at their fairs, so they would still take place if this does turn out to be true.[/quote]

True but a simple search on google shows what rides are meant to be where on which date and that coaster is due at them. Yes this can change but I am just saying that is all, plus we do not even know when they would even be here.

What will be interesting is the H&S laws here as in Germany they were loading us on rides whilst smoking, they would not be able to do that here.

Lofty

CF Legend

That's a fantastic rumour. I hope to god that it becomes reality. I'd love to ride it. I remember riding Magnum Force and seeing how Forceful that was, I can't even comprehend this!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I only ride unusual or worthwhile or good traveling coasters, and I count them.

If this rumour is true I might just ... explode. It's going to cost soooooo much to ride but I DONT EVEN CARE. GIVE IT TO ME. NOW.

tks

Strata Poster

Meh. Even if it does come to London next yea I won't be going anywhere near it. London is going to be HORRIFIC during the olympics. I'd rather slit my wrists and shove them in a tub of vinegar than go there then.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

The more I see this topic, the less likely I think it's going to happen.

Let's face it, an "Olympia Looping coming for the Olympics!!!" rumour is so ridiculously obvious that anyone could think it up. Plus, we have absolutely nothing to back this up at the moment.

The logistics and cost of getting a coaster that size over to this country for a few weeks, while (as Marc has pointed out) missing the German fairs at the same time?

Yeah, this isn't happening.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Didn't think this deserved its own topic, so shall stick it in here (and it may well be connected...)

This is taken from the official website for the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland:

New to this year is the Alpine Adventure that includes the most heart-pumping thrill rides you’ll experience this Christmas. A never been seen before roller-coaster joins the exciting array of new thrill rides and exclusive to Winter Wonderland this year is the Alpine Hotel, the biggest fun house in Europe!

WINTER WONDERLAND will once again feature London’s biggest outdoor ice-rink, the iconic Giant Observation Wheel and the return of Zippos Circus – all of which are booking now! In addition to this there are many new and exciting attractions including a thrilling rollercoaster ride, which has never been seen before.

http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com ... ing-begins

Its also mentioned on another page as being a *massive rollercoaster*.... hmm, its a long shot, but ya never know....

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

I'd read all the crap on TT about it and to be honest, got completely deflated...but you never know

Martyn B

CF Legend

Oi, get this.

I mean, really, get this. Hyde Park have been advertising all year about this "never seen before" coaster thats coming to the Winter Wonderland, and you wouldn't **** believe what it is. No really, you wouldn't.

301376_10150391977773415_513868414_8498689_1494012371_n.jpg

**** morons. Worse marketing than Thirteen! We're the **** Country that has a spinning mouse at every other fair, yet they try to tell us this is an never seen before coaster? They muct actually be taking the piss.

And to make it worse, it has replaced the Black Hole coaster.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
So there's a Spinning Mouse...

Before we fly off the handle for no reason, how about we wait and see if they have anything else planned?

Evidently, some of us got over-excited about a fair over here with a slimmer than Kate Moss chance of having Olympia Looping or some stuff like that...

And how do YOU know it's the big coaster secret... It's ONE coaster... They could have about 2/3 more adding onto it... Get a grip man...

Ben

CF Legend
I'm more gutted it's not American Adventure's Mine Train... The one we had a realistic chance of getting...

Christmas fairs and stuff are such a big thing in Germany, is there not one over there for Olympia Looping to be at?

Oh, and it wasn't going to happen. But, yeah, Benin's right. There's still as much chance now as there was (very little), heck, might still get AA's Mine Train. Hopefully <3

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Mellors confirmed at the Goose that its not happening now. *Apparently* it was, but they ditched it for the Chtristmas Spinning coaster.

And to be fair, I dont think anyone was expecting this to be Olympia, especially as its at the Winter Dom in Hamburg right now...

BUT, when they say its a 'never seen before, massive thrilling coaster', I personally kinda expected more than the most common coaster in the UK.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Surely if we actually end up getting Olympia Looping it would be next year? You know, when London is hosting the Olympics? I doubt we'd see it at a Christmas fair though, I'm willing to bet there'll be some sort of fair set up for the event itself. It'd make more sense.

marc

CF Legend

Jordan my thoughts as well, why people expected it at Xmas I will never know.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Who expected it at christmas?

Its been scheduled for the Hamburg Winter Dom since the 2011 schedule was realised.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nobody has suggested Olympia Looping for Christmas.

The topic originally was about the possibility of getting it during the Olympics, and then the Hyde Park Winter thing was tagged on later, which was a bit stupid really since there's no connection.

marc

CF Legend

Ok but reading this topic it seemed people expected it at Xmas and then were disappointed when it turned out to be a spinning coaster.

Maybe I misunderstood posts but I don't seem to be the only one.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The topic originally was about the possibility of getting it during the Olympics, and then the Hyde Park Winter thing was tagged on later, which was a bit stupid really since there's no connection.

Yeah, err, soz. I didn't think it was worth its own topic.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
^ Who expected it at christmas?

Its been scheduled for the Hamburg Winter Dom since the 2011 schedule was realised.

Oh ok, sorry. Must've missed that when I read the schedules...

The topic was a bit misleading that's all =p