What's new

Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoaster

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Ocean Kingdom | Flying Over The Rainforest | B&M WingCoa

It looks OK... definitely a different turn from the first four WingRiders. Rather than being inversion happy, this focuses more on terrain and turns. I'm particularly a fan of that splashdown - will be cool with floorless trains.

I'm looking forward to the final product, to see if there is a broader application for B&m Wing Coasters outside of typical inversion happy layouts.

Taxi

Mega Poster
Re: Ocean Kingdom | "Unknown" | B&M Wing Coaster

elephant58 said:
^Are you just saying that, or do you know that for a fact?

The height of this coaster is the same as GateKeeper's drop (164'), and this coasters rail's (seem to) meet ground level, giving it a greater-than or equal-to drop height. That's my reasoning.

2012103045439_KC4NV5AG.jpg

Idlewild

Mega Poster

elephant58 said:
^Yes, but it's not going to be going very fast through the roll, whethers this, once disengaged will drop immediately.
On this ride when the train enters the drop the back of the train will still be on the lift slowing the speed of the drop. On Gatekeeper when the train enters the drop the back of the train will have cleared the top of the lift and so the train will have nothing holding it back when it hits the drop.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I couldn't give a **** if one will be fractionally faster that the other to be honest. The drop on this will, in my opinion, be better than the one on Gatekeeper due to the fact that it's just a normal, straight drop. Basing this off Swarm, Gatekeeper won't feel like a drop at all really.

While the drop-type-thing on Swarm was a fun element, I actually preferred the straight drop that Raptor has. Add in the substantial extra height that this thing has, and the drop is going to be fantastic.

Hutch

Strata Poster

It looks like it could be one of the best aesthetically pleasing wingriders with the awesome theming and the color scheme. I'm glad it's something different from the other wing coasters.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

I am not going to lie, this roller coaster actually looks a lot better than GateKeeper. I've only ridden Wild Eagle, but that first drop was truly amazing so I think this drop will be better than GateKeeper's. Also, it has a really sexy dive loop, horseshoe, inline roll, and tunnels. :)

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

Im sure this has been posted but for those who don't want to track it down: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzr7ZmT0bHE[/youtube]

I've never been on a wing rider, but from all the POV's and picture this looks like it will be the best one in the world. The layout just looks really really fun and flows well. There isn't enough green coasters either

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

194445d1372197824-2013-neuheit-ocean-kingdom-neuer-park-zhuhai-china-8fc4b64543a9822606ddcfb78b82b9014a90eb07.jpg

194450d1372197840-2013-neuheit-ocean-kingdom-neuer-park-zhuhai-china-cdec8b13632762d00142402fa1ec08fa513dc627.jpg

194452d1372197846-2013-neuheit-ocean-kingdom-neuer-park-zhuhai-china-f58fa1ec08fa513dda8b894e3c6d55fbb2fbd97a.jpg

This ride is starting to look really good, a few weird transitions though.

D1993

Hyper Poster

I hasn't seen this posted anywhere in this thread so I thought I would go ahead and share:
I found a video of what seems to be initial testing!
The surrounding area looks really interesting and I am very excited to see the final product.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5QK7JkPPTig

Hutch

Strata Poster

Totally forgot about this one.

I like how the ride is spread out quite a bit. And the trains look fab! Interested to see how it turns out.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I really like the looks of this and the entire park! Once it opens it'll join Knight Valley, Ocean Park, Fuji-Q, Nagashima, Everland, DisneySea, and Universal Singapore on the list of Asian parks I want to visit.

davidm

Strata Poster

POV - looks quite quick!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHlcN7mYQw[/youtube]

(via Screamscape)

Hutch

Strata Poster

Looks like a fun, long ride. I absolutely love the theming and surrounding area.