What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
^I seem to be hearing very mixed opinions of this Potter film now. I'll still go see it though, lol, if I ever find the time that is.

Ben

CF Legend
I watched Hannibal Rising yesterday.

I have to say, a little bit ****, which was a shame. It felt so unnecessary and hollow, it felt like it was just a cash-in, and this came from the story as much as the actual film, so I doubt I'll bother reading the book either.

Apart from the story feeling very familiar and basically, dull and repetitive, the acting wasn't the greatest and most of the dialog was cheesy and familiar.

But, Hannibal himself was pretty cute in a sexy cannibal sort of way.

So, a mediocre 5/10.

But, Hannibal himself was pretty cute in a sexy cannibal sort of way.

Ah yeah, I think that's part of the reason that I liked the film so much. He was definately pretty sexy, and I really wouldn't mind being tied up by him. Though, I still wouldn't want to be eaten.

I still thought Hannibal Rising was decent. Nowhere in the same league as the other three films but it was better than your average horror movie, in my opinion.

Lain

Giga Poster
I saw the new Harry Potter yesterday, I thought it was awesome. 9/10 from me. It's easily the best one of the lot so far.

Last night, I also watched Hollow Man, and that was ****. 5/10.

A

Anonymous

Yea Hollow man is kinda ****, but Hollow man 2 isn't that has a better story line to it than the first one.

Im hopefuly going to go and see the new harry potter film soon, and since your saying it's 9/10 im Defiantly going to see it.

What made you say 9/10 and not 10/10.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
How does everybody rate the new die hard then? I thought it was great, but a little unrealistic.

Dude

Roller Poster
A-Kid said:
How does everybody rate the new die hard then? I thought it was great, but a little unrealistic.

Well. It is a movie. If it was meant to be real it would've been a documentary. I thought it was pretty good I went to see it last night. Its been adding to my string of good movies I've seen. It did actually what a summer blockbuster type movie was supposed to do. And thats keep me interested and into it. I thought the whole "Fire Sale" plot was good. Since things like that can happen in this day and age of technology.

I give it about an 8/10

John91

Mega Poster
I'm desperate to see the new die hard. seein potter on sunday, transformers the weekend after and simpsons on the 26th
Gonna be AWESOME!

simpsons on the 26th

Doesn't that come out on the 27th? Or, that may just be here, I dunno.

I just got back from seeing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and I really, really suck at understanding movies because I didn't understand this at all. The only thing which made it worthwhile was the effects and the parts that I did understand (which weren't many to be honest). If anyone who has seen it cares to explain what the heck the prophecy was, please do, because I'm completely lost!

Possible spoiler alert

Also, that Lula girl said that only people who have witnessed death could see the bird things but, a bunch of other people were flying on them later in the movie. I don't get it!

Spoiler alert done

So, overall it was okay but I liked the one before this better (Goblet of Fire I think).

6.9/10

Lain

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
simpsons on the 26th

Doesn't that come out on the 27th? Or, that may just be here, I dunno.

I just got back from seeing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and I really, really suck at understanding movies because I didn't understand this at all. The only thing which made it worthwhile was the effects and the parts that I did understand (which weren't many to be honest). If anyone who has seen it cares to explain what the heck the prophecy was, please do, because I'm completely lost!

Possible spoiler alert

Also, that Lula girl said that only people who have witnessed death could see the bird things but, a bunch of other people were flying on them later in the movie. I don't get it!

Spoiler alert done

So, overall it was okay but I liked the one before this better (Goblet of Fire I think).

6.9/10

The prophecy was, "neither can live while the other survives".

Which would suggest that either Harry has to kill Voldemort or vice versa. Alot of stuff was left out of the book, which would've made stuff easier to understand.

Luna was talking about the threstrals, and it's true that the kids other than Harry and Luna couldn't see them. Again, parts missing from the book would've explained stuff. Ron had some awesome lines during that part...

It's interesting to see the viewpoint of someone who hasn't read the book though. My friend, who I saw the film with, hadn't read the book either, and had similar views.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Now speaking from someone who has read the book and seen the movie (first day, first session too :D) Harry Potter 5 was an awesome movie in my opinion. The best movie in the series so far and probably the best transition from a book into a movie. Although I was shocked to hear that this is the shortest movie in the series, even though it's based on the longest book in the series. Still, it's a great movie. I'm giving it 9/10.

Rach

Giga Poster
Saw Harry Potter today.

I didn't know what to expect from the mixed reviews i had heard about it.

I loved it, one amazing film. The kiss I was like awww and almost crying [/girls]
The action was fantastic! From the pictures in my mind from reading the book it was completly different.

Probably going to see it again soon :)
Rating: 9/10, cut some of the good bits out though.

Simpsons looks good to, can't wait to see that.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I saw Die Hard 4.0/Live Free Or Die Hard.

It was pretty good, and some of the stunts were amazing. Definitely worth a watch.

It can be a little confusing as to what person is on which side? They all seemed to be on the same side, but once you realise what they're doing, it's understandable.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Die Hard was really good, the ending was a bit far fetched with the jet and the truck on the bridge but the rest was awesome, best one so far.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I saw the new Harry Potter film today. It was pretty good and probally is my favourite Harry Potter film. I wish I watched the 4th one though before I went to see it because I still did'nt see the Goblet of Fire.

I thought the ending was a bit crap and a let down but overall I enjoyed it. I would give it 8/10.

stiggy

Roller Poster
Well i managed to get my hands on a good screener of Transformers which i watched this afternoon. Having been brought up with transformers i couldn't wait to see it and didn't know what to expect, but all i can say is it was awesome, it brought back childhood memories of them. The Director/Producer im not sure, Micheal Bay sure knows how to make a good film like his past ones.

Gonna give it 9/10 only cause it was a screener and the sound could of been a bit better. Gonna see it again in the cinema then i'll say 10.

TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE. :D

GO SEE IT!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Die Hard is 4 ACE!

It really is, though its not a touch on the 'classics', but oh well, look how bad Terminator 3 was!

But it is still awsome, and FULL of non stop action.

But, rubbish ending, and utter lack of swearing keeps it from being a real Die Hard.

8/10 - Awsome action film, leave your brain at home, and go see some explosions and fights, and you'll be SO pleased!!

I watched See No Evil, Hear No Evil last night which is a pretty old film with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryer in it, made in 1989.

Anyway, I thought the movie was quite good. There were lots of funny parts, some of which actually made me laugh out loud, which usually never happens during a film. The ending was a bit stupid, but the rest of the movie was good, and definately something I'll be watching again one day!

8/10

P.S.- It was so weird seeing Gene Wilder play that part when I'm so use to him playing Willy Wonka.

marc

CF Legend
I have not read the Harry Potter books but have seen all the films. I saw the latest one on Saturday and enjoyed it but could not help but feel there was more that could have been in the film, I left the cinema wanting more.

The film was also a bit to joky I would have thought it was meant to be serious and alot of the jokes would have gone over kids heads.

Can not wait to see Transformers.