What's new

"Now Showing"

Richie

Hyper Poster
I went to the cinemas to see Hostel 2 last night.

It was quite good, but lacked deaths. The ending was very sudden and left me feeling a bit cheated and even thought I enjoyed it looking back it actually wasn't that good.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The worst bits was when this guy got his penis chopped off by a torture weapon and the bit where a lesbian woman slashed up a naked living body above her until all the blood sprayed over the lesbian woman's naked flesh and she reached orgasm.

I'd say it's not as good as Hostel 1 and I'd rate it 7/10.

Spoilers

The worst bits was when this guy got his penis chopped off by a torture weapon and the bit where a lesbian woman slashed up a naked living body above her until all the blood sprayed over the lesbian woman's naked flesh and she reached orgasm.

Haha yeah, it was really funny seeing my dad cringe and stuff when the guy got his penis chopped off. I'm pretty sure every guy in the audience felt uncomfortable during that bit.

However, personally I didn't find Lorna getting slashed too bad. I've probably a bit "immune" to getting scared or disturbed easily, probably because I've watched like, 90% of horror movies at my local video stores, so that could be why I didn't find it too bad. Gross that the lady gets an orgasm by killing someone though.

I agree, there wasn't enough deaths.

Ben

CF Legend
On the subject of Eli, Cabin Fever was rather good when I watched it yesterday.

Apart from a couple of things, like the stupid police man and three men from the grocery store, literally there to die and for nothing else.

But, it was really quite creepy, and had some horrible moments, namely the leg-shaving followed by dogs. That was ****ing gross.

Yesterday I watched two movies I haven't seen before, but let me start off with the worst of the two, which would be The Messengers.

Okay, it was an alright movie, but I'm not a huge fan of the supernatural ghost and spirit thing. The thing that bothered me was that it was too damn predictable which is the problem with a lot of movies these days. The whole happy ending thing kind of bothered me as well, because I see that too often. It had some creepy bits though, and I thought that the fact the kid kept pointing into mid air, and that he couldn't say what he was seeing, was a cool touch.

Overall, 6/10.

Next movie I watched was Hannibal Rising, which I wasn't expecting a lot from, and that's why I think I enjoyed it a lot, because I underestimated it. Definately not as good as Hannibal, Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon, but to start off I'll say that the guy who plays Hannibal is good looking, which made it all the better. The movie did what it was suppose to do, which was showing us how he got into cannibalism and killing, and the movie threw in some gore as well which is never a bad thing. Storyline was good overall, and I enjoyed it!

I'll give it a 8/10.

Tony

Hyper Poster
But, it was really quite creepy, and had some horrible moments, namely the leg-shaving followed by dogs. That was gross.

It was, I nearly got sick watching that film.

peep

CF Legend
Well yesturday was my mother's 40th birthday so my dad, my sis and I treated her to see a film at the mutliplex cinema. She decided on watching Shrek 3. One was not pleased, but it was her birthday so I let her off lol.

I went in expecting it to be worse than getting hit in the head by a football. How correct was I. Now if I see a family film or comedy I sort of count in my head how many times the audience laughs and how many times I laugh. I laughed a whole two times, if they even count, it was only small chuckles. The audience laughed at about 4/5 things. Judging from that you should be able to tell that this film is DIRE.

Shrek 1 and 2 were ok films because they made everyone laugh all the way through the film, it had stunning animation for the time of release and it was origional. Shrek the third on the other hand decided to keep the animation exactly the same (lazy people), have lame jokes that wern't even amusing and the story is tiring and you pretty much see the entire film in the trailer, there is no need to waste your money on something you've already watched in a trailer.

The only thing that made me pleased during the film was Eric Idle's Merlin, everything else was just a bad add on to a film franchise that didn't need any more films. So you can tell how pleased I was when they revealed a while back that Shrek 4 is released in 2010.

Dreamworks = bern

I give this film a 1/5 rating.

Tony

Hyper Poster
^Oh crap, I am going to the cinema tonight to watch it. I was already expecting it to be bad though because I have not read one good review of it.

kir

Hyper Poster
alvinchipmunks.jpg

Tony

Hyper Poster
I saw Shrek 3 and I was expecting it to be crap. But it was'nt, well it was'nt great either. I thought it was good and funny but the retards sitting behind me in the cinema were ****ing annoying and were shouting out like every word Shrek says.

Anyways 7.5/10.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Kir, please say that's a joke... Please... For the love of God!!!

Anyhows, I watched Eregon tonight. Erm, piss poor even for a kids film. Review ends!

Tony

Hyper Poster
I saw Wedding Crashers today again and think it is a great film. It has some good funny bits and it is a really good. Cant think of anything else to say so 9/10.

Ugh, Alvin and the Chipmunks? They have to be some of the worst characters in any cartoon made in history. I've never liked them and I won't be watching this movie.

Furie, Eragon looks like it's a rip off of Harry Potter. Is it anything similar? I heard the book is good but it's another movie I don't really want to see.

John91

Mega Poster
I saw Driven with Sly Stallone in it. It wouldn't appeal to everyone, but it was a good end to my monster day of motorsport. The story was quite good, if not particularly well executed, and the racing sequences somethimes looked worse than a PS2 racing game. But it was pretty good none the less.
7/10

Saw Rocky IV again as well the other day. Absolutely Brilliant. Without a doubt my favourite Rocky film. The music is superb, and the Boxing sequences were excellent. The whole story was brilliant and should have ben the end to the Rocky series. Brilliant film, would reccomend to any one.
11/10

Rach

Giga Poster
Been watching a lot of films recently, what with a useless right arm got nothing better to do.
These reviews are going to be murder to type up 1 handed.

Jaws2
I prerfer this one to the orignal Jaws. Its not as gory but still better probably because the attacks are more spaced out and more unexpected. The durination of this one is good as it includes a lot more action out at sea which i like.
Rating: 8/10

Taxi
Not the English version the French version with subtitles. Never watching a taxi film in my life or even know they exist i really liked this film. Plenty of action, plenty of swearing and plenty of other good things. I really like this film, even though it is spoken in French it is still easy to follow and know what is going on. Although as i watched this in school, i feel that i have missed a good part, the teacher saying we are to young, Nothing is going to stop me buying the dvd on Saturday.
Rating: 9/10

Taxi 2
Only just started this one. Half an hour into it i'm already loving it and can't wait for Friday so i can continue watching it :)
Rating so far: 6/10

Going to see Harry Potter on Saturday, which i'm looking forward to, then going to buy more dvds :)

This took ages to type up to :(

John91

Mega Poster
Bought Beavis and Butt head do america for a bargin. Absolutely Brilliant. The Tv how adapts superbly into a film. Laughs are frequently delivered. and the retarded laugh is just really freakishly catchy. I advise eeryone to see it.
10/10!

Tony

Hyper Poster
Just watched Fantastic4 2 there on the internet because it's free :p and I probally would'nt have went to see it in the cinema.

I liked it, it has some funny parts and it was better than I expected it to be. I probally prefer the 1st one though. They both were not brilliant but I thought they were ok.

I would give it 8/10.

Yesterday I slept at my dad's house and rented two movies, The Hitcher and The Contractor. I'll start off with The Hitcher, even though they were pretty much equally as bad.

The Hitcher wouldn't have been too bad, but the girl in it was one of the stupidest characters that I have ever seen in any movie, ever. She had so many chances to do the right thing, and save her boyfriend, but no, she was a total dip****, end of story. That ruined the whole thing, pretty much. One good bit with gore, but it was a waste of film, pretty much.

The Contractor was another action movie, pretty much my least favourite genre. I liked Shooter way better than this, because this sort of had the same storyline about being framed, but just boringly executed. It was a bit different of course, but just lacked any suspense or excitement for me.

So I guess Hitcher can have 4.5/10 and Contractor can have a 5.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix yesterday.

I used to be a complete Harry Potter bummer when I was younger, so naturally I've read all the books. This film did nothing but let me down.

It really makes you realise how much better the books are than the films. I found it fun to watch, but the pure cheesiness of the film let it down. It was one of the worst Harry Potter films so far in my opinion.

6/10