What's new

"Now Showing"

c&r

Mega Poster
Well, I've been watching a lot of films this week due to "I'm on half term and nobody else is so I'm really, really bored" syndrome (don't ask about the weird out of ten ratings I give by the way :p).

Final Destination

Am I the only one who doesn't stand the hype? Sure, it was fun, it was vaguely interesting, but well, it just didn't seem to hold together. Besides, what's so special about death killing people? Hardly seems imaginative.

6/10

Final Destination 2

Refer to the above, but then add on the end "A tiny bit worse than Final Destination 1".

5.9/10

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

I thought this was a great movie. Comedy, fast moving action and a good story line all added up to one awesome movie. Really well done in my opinion, and I shall certainly be watching it again sometime.

8.6/10

A Clockwork Orange

One of the best movies I've seen for ages, probably only topped on my list by Donnie Darko. I just found it amazing the way that it manages to completely grip you, the way it manages to make you quite attached to Alex, and well, the way it makes you hate the rest of the world (in the story) towards the end. I also thought it provoked a lot more thought than most movies I've watched for ages. Certainly highly reccomended.

10/10

The Green Mile

This was another movie I found immensly gripping, and the three or so hours seemed to pass in minutes. I thought it was a really beautiful storyline, and yeah. It just owns.

9/10

Schindler's List

Gosh, I'm starting to run out of words on the "extreme good" end of the scale, so I think I'll break into newspeak. This movie was doubleplusgood, and a real tear jerker. At first I didn't think it was that great, but then when the nazi's started implementing, I started realising what an amazing movie it was. I thought it was beautifully acted, and there was many little touches which really inspired emotion in me, such as that girl's red dress which you see an hour or so later going into the fire in the concentration camp.

10/10

Blow

I can't actually think of much to say about this, so I'll just say it was good. It was good.

8.7/10

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Well, I knew this was going to be weird before I started watching it, but my god, it was bloody weird. LSD trips, copious drug abuse, some weird painter girl and press conferences. I couldn't make much sense of it, and it didn't seem to be about much, but I'm assured that's the entire point of the movie. A bloody enjoyable way to spend 2 hours, that's for sure.

9/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
I agree about Clockwork Orange, I saw it on the weekend and it totally had me capzized throughout. I'd wanted to see it for ages and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Pulp Fiction is a film I'd recommend to anyone, it's a bit gruesome in some parts but is just a fantastic film (I'm a big Tarantino fan)!

Ben

CF Legend
^Ewww.... a Stanley Kubrick film. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew.

I bought Stepford Wives last weekend. It's such a great movie, so made to my exact tastes.

joe

Mega Poster
'About a Boy' is one of my faviroutes, I have seen it about 6 times now. Its funny and its worth a watch.

Ben

CF Legend
Anyone else peeing themself in excitment about V For Vendetta? Looks awesome to the extreme.

Also, but April 24th in your diary.... yayage for Producers DVD!

A

Anonymous

Completely wetting myself about it Ben!!!

looks Fantabulous!! cant wait till friday! :p

if you havent already i suggest u check out the 2nd trailer and superbowl tv spot for V!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I am looking forward to V for Vendetta yeah, but I was quite surprised by Jonathan Ross' review of it on monday night. I usually agree with Wossy on cinematic topics, and this was a film I expected him to like because of his love of comic books, but he found it a bit weak. I'm just hoping that for once, we might disagree.

peep

CF Legend
^ Yeah but I've noticed that Jonathon Ross is getting quite bad at his reviews, I don't know what it is but its like all the hyped films, he hates, yet it used to be the other way round, thats why I've sort of given up on him, he also seems to like the really bad films too, its quite annoying.

Oh well I have to see V for Vendetta, it looks amazing, I'm going to try and see it tomorrow.

Fi

Mega Poster
Anyone seen Date Movie? :lol: It's really funny and Scary Movie 4 comes out on the 14th April! :D I'll have to go and see that it looks really funny

A

Anonymous

Final Destination 3. Looks really good. Watch the trailer on Yahoo! Movies.

joe

Mega Poster
^Or if your old enough, see it in the Cinema.

Ive been watching all the American Pies lately, and I think number 2 is the best. If you have alot of time to kill, watch them all... but make sure you watch them in order though.

tks

Strata Poster
I saw V for Vendetta today. It's an amazing movie. It's so well done and the bombing of the houses of parliament is spectactular.

If you're old enough go and see it. :)

*Wants one of V's masks*

jayjay

Giga Poster
Last night I watched 28 days later. Really interesting storyline and although I'm not a horror movie person, I enjoyed it.

A

Anonymous

V for Vendetta has had been mixed between: Trying to be deep for teens but with absolutely no substance and a great return to form by the Matrix brothers.

Only film I've been recently has been Capote - impressive. Nicely shot and very emotional at times. I don't think Hoffman deserved the best actor, he impersonated Capote rather than created a character. The murderer he "befriends" made a real impression on me.
8.5/10

Jer

Strata Poster
I just went to See Stay alive yesterday it was amazing. It pretty much about a ghost that is relised using the game, you recite a prayer before playing the game that relases her. At one point the game palys itself, it's so creepy.

More Suspense Then Horror just wanted to point that out.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I went to go see Date Movie then sneeked into V for Vendetta afterwards.

Oh god Date Movie is the worst film I have ever seen, ever. Do not go see it as it is utterly rubbish and it is only funny because it is so un-funny.

V for Vendetta though was great! I went to see it with a few mates and we had all seen the adverts and stuff but didn't really have a clue what it was about. We originally went to see Date Movie but as that was so crap we went into another film as we felt ripped off. Anyway we walked in and we were the only group of 15 year olds. Everyone else was like 20 - 50 years old. We was thinking oh god I bet it is an 18 and were thinking we're going to all get kicked out. Then the film started and we saw it was in fact a 15 so we were all okay.

The film was really very exciting and I especially loved the bit where the women got locked in the prison and torchered. I also want a V mask :p

Has anyone seen that new film that is coming out called Hostel? It looks absolutely sick and even though I have only seen the adverts it looks like one of those films that messes with your minds afterwards. These are types of things I hate but also love at the same time if you understand me lol. The film looks so bad that it's a must see.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
BenL, i'm glad to see a good review of Capote, I watched the trailer a couple of weeks ago and it looked like a really interesting film. Might have to have a look.

I saw V for Vendetta last night too, and I do disagree with Jonathan Ross. I thought it was great. It tailed off a bit in the middle, and it was a little predictable, but it was a very well acted film, especially from Hugo Weaving, who is normally a very visual, facial actor, and even without that available, he still pulled off an excellent performance I thought. Natalie Portman was surprisingly good and natural too, considering i've found her quite wooden in the past.

The first speech of V's, with all the 'v' words was excellently delivered, had me enthralled. Random fact, did you know there are 55 'v' words in that bit, 5 and 5, roman numerals, V and V.

I also want a guy fawkes mask!

Ben

CF Legend
Saw V for Vendetta as well.... awesome movie.

I agree it did trail off a bit in the middle and I was a bit "WTF was the point?" for about 15mins there, but overall it was excellent.

I very rarely love Action Movies (the only others I love are Kill Bill and The Matrix) but I did love this one.

Knife-time is soooo much better then Bullet-time :lol:.

I give it two thumbs up.

Ben.... who wants a V mask for Halloween.

A

Anonymous

Omg V *drools*

loved it! and i agree Ross was very wrong indeed!

great performances from all the cast, especially Stephen Rea i though

'Knife time' Kicks Ass!:p