What's new

"Now Showing"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well... I went to see Ice Age 2 yesterday. What can I say??? If you're expecting a rather lacklustre effort, maximizing on the original characters and putting them in a meaningless plotline, designed to pad out the bits between the cartoon comedy, you're in for a surprise.

Actually, no you're not! :p It's a sequel to a funny cartoon film with a poor plot line. Surprisingly it's a cartoon film with a poor plot line, not quite as good as the original...

A

Anonymous

Was going to go and see Ice age 2. But i think i will gove it a miss now. Cheers for the info. I didnt really enjoy the 1st one that much, but i loved the slide bit through the ice caves.

Am probably going to go and see V for Vendetta soonish, but i dont really like the cinema that much. lol

Jer

Strata Poster
I wanna see Slither so bad. Has Anyone seen it if they have plaese either post a review here or PM me! i wanna know what it's like.

Alos i recently saw a good movie thats not in theaters anymore Underworld. :p Great Vampire movie for vampire lovers also quite violent :p

Ben

CF Legend
I watched Harry Potter 4 on Saturday.

It's a lot better than the other 3, but still pretty poor. Why can't the kids learn to act? It was all done too quickly as well, but that's the problem with such big books.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I got and watched Brokeback mountain for the first time last night on the recomendation of a friend.....and wow it really blew me away....and the ending.......
cry.gif

A

Anonymous

Brokeback.....Legend of a film!
glad u liked it peter, everyone at my school are like 'omg11oneone a gay film!'

anyways, ice age 2 and alien autopsy are both mediorcre films, northing at all to get excited about.
If you have nothing better to do and fancy a cinema visit then i guess they are reccomended:p

Ben

CF Legend
Brokeback is indeed awesome.

I bought and watched two DVDs over the last two days. The first was Drop Dead Gorgeous which is possibly the funniest Black Comedy I've ever seen. It's just fantastic. The entire cast really excells and the comic talent is everywhere. From the first explosion to the last, it's a brilliant movie. Please see it. Now.

The other was the Famliy Guy movie. Not quite as laugh out loud funny as the show, but still very funny. The Bugs Bunny bit had me peeing myself with laughter.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Woo! I watched "Creep" last night... I can say it had one absolutely major thing going for it... It was over pretty quickly.

It tried so hard to be a good film, but it was dreadful. It wasn't scary, it wasn't horrific it was just pants... Avoid at all costs!

Ben

CF Legend
I have one thing to say.

B000E994AO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Go buy.... go buy.... go buy....

I bought my copy on Monday. First person to buy it!* And am watching it for my third time right now.

*From that Woolworths. I think....

Go on, bog off and buy. It you have any sort of sense of humor or appreciation for truely great film-making styles, you won't regret it. Don't forget the excellent music and better acting. Please buy it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Has anyone seen Slient Hill?
I went to see it on Saturday, it's not that bad seeing as it had an amazingly confusing stroyline, kind of over-used the CGI though. Some good scary bits and a quite good - if not confusing - story to it, if you've played the games you'll know it!

Anyways, I recommend it!

lol

Mega Poster
I am a Silent Hill game fanboy, and am scared to go and see the film... In case they've completey ****ed up everything that made the games great.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
^ Generally the case when it comes to games, thats for sure, there has NEVER been a good game to movie conversion. Let us hope this breaks the trend, as Halo is inbound (although still many moons away)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oooooh. Watched Sin City today for the first time...

Really odd film, in that I never sat and thought at any point "this is a superb film", but once it had finished, I wanted to watch it again.

Never in my life have I wanted to re-watch a film straight afterwards, but it's so compelling it's untrue!

Anyway, I thought it was slightly pretentious but generally a good film, but dammit it if it hasn't got me hooked somewhere!

lol

Mega Poster
*Possible spoilers*

Saw Silent Hill last night. The story is nothing like any of the ones in the games, but I guess if you wanted to draw comparisons it's most similar to the first and third games. Except Pyramid head, who's presence confused me - I always thought he was a figment of James Sunderland's (Silent Hill 2) imagination and guilt.

I don't think the storyline was hard to follow, I mean it was explained in the grainy film footage in the hospital. I don't think it's supposed to be a horror film, though. There are no scary moments per se, it's just gripping and a fantastic drama.

They needed to overuse the CGI anyway - changing from the "Purgatorial "Silent Hill to the "Alessa's dreams" Silent hill was done very well I thought, and kept well in line with the production of the games.

Most of the positive views about this film seem to be from people who have played and enjoyed the games, while I think people who are new to Silent Hill, and are just expecting a slasher/horror flick with a paper-thin plot have been disappointed with the lack of coherance and violence. Shame.

If you liked the music from the games, it's featured extensively in the film... I'll definately be going to see it again at the cinema now that I know the whole story from the start.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
I saw silent hill last night, and i have to say its one of the worst films ive ever seen.

Its meant to be a horror, but there nothing scary about it.

The bridge disappears and then a few minutes later theres a car in the town which just came over that bridge.

It had no story line and was hard to follow. It seemed to just jump from 1 thing to another without any conclusion.

Mark

Strata Poster
Harvey said:
^ Generally the case when it comes to games, thats for sure, there has NEVER been a good game to movie conversion. Let us hope this breaks the trend, as Halo is inbound (although still many moons away)

The original Mortal Kombat film was good and so was the first Tomb Raider film!!!!

A

Anonymous

Saw Tristan and Islode a few days ago,

not too bad, not as good as i expected but meh, entertained me for 2 hours
Hmmm should of seen silent hill:p

tks

Strata Poster
Silent Hill is terrible.

-Not scary
-I laughed at most parts
-The "plot" is ****.

Ok and it makes no sense.

lol

Mega Poster
Its meant to be a horror, but there nothing scary about it.

Wrong, it's a drama, it's based around a storyline, not people getting killed by monsters.

The bridge disappears and then a few minutes later theres a car in the town which just came over that bridge.

*spoiler*

The foggy silent hill is not real, The protagonist is either dead from the car crash, or has been knocked unconscious, either way she is in purgatory, and the reason that her home when she returns at the end is foggy and dark like Silent hill (And is seemingly separate from her husband's "Reality") is that her agreement with the devil to help alessa get revenge on the cultists meant that she would be forever stuck 'between worlds'. Her husband and the policeman are in the real Silent hill, where nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

It had no story line and was hard to follow.

If it had no storyline, what was it exactly that you found hard to follow?

-Not scary
-I laughed at most parts
-The "plot" is ****?

You went into the cinema with the wrong impression of the film. To be honest, if you didn't understand the storyline, you would probably think it was crap. It was a very cleverly made film. I would explain the plot to you to exemplify that it's not crap but I wouldn't want to spoil it, it's based around Occult relegion, witchcraft, the whole deal with the 2 girls is complex and not obvious on first viewing, perhaps. All the "monsters" can be metaphorically related to things in the story (Hence they are not there to 'scare' you, they are integral to the plot) The 'darkness' is nto a random scare, it's explained why it happens, and features extensive linking between the devil and the Alessa and... and... and... gah, don't slag off a film you didn't even understand.

</garbled attempt at explaining a complex film to a peabrain>