What's new

"Now Showing"

Kraken

Roller Poster
I went to see that Right at Your Door yesterday with a few friends...

...don't go and see it. It wasn't a bad concept overall but they could have done a lot more with the plot, and for the most part it was a very boring film. It only really got going towards the end of the film with quite a good twist, but I suppose it was pretty obvious from the start something like that was going to happen.

kir

Hyper Poster
^^ and ^^^, I saw Hostel over the summer and it was rubbish. I expected it to be really gripping and scary, but it wasn't, it was just a bit of blood and gore.

Could have been so much better.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I went to go see You, Me and Depree yesterday and it was quite funny! I wasn't happy at first because I wanted to go watch Dead or Alive, but it ended up being good anyway.

Owen Wilson was really funny as usual and it made us all laugh quite a lot. The storyline was better than I thought it would be as well, but Wedding Crashers was still a lot better :p

Ben

CF Legend
John Tucker Must Die.

Fab.

Well, any film where the gardener from Desperate Housewives ends up in a thong has GOT to be good.

Add to that the whole Mean-Girl-esque coemdy and yeah, fab. Won't make you think, not the best examples of acting ever, but EH. Who CARES?

A

Anonymous

John Tucker Must Die is great :D and also I watched The Descent last night and that was a really good movie.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I went to see John Tucker Must Die as well a few weeks back. It was really good apart from the ending! The ending was the only crap bit of the film.

I loved the main character before she turned into a bitch and John Tucker made me laugh. I love how each girl says John Tucker Must Die in turn (At the start of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVPMgmF8Go ).

I thought Ashanti was really good in it as well.

kir

Hyper Poster
I saw Ice Age II yesterday, which was a great little movie.

Not quite as good as some of the timeless classics when I was a lil child, but still funny in places. And Scrat will never get boring!

Ben

CF Legend
Saw Hostel at last.

The first hour was just tits. Crap.

Then it got good after the foot thing (which was vulgar).

It wasn't creepy or anything, but had some really nice 'AHHH, OMFG, GROSSS!' moments (eye, eye, EYE!).

It was no Saw. It dreams of being Saw in its sleep.

Here's hoping part two cuts out the crap, and leaves it mainly in the hostel, it'd be quite good then.

It wasn't bad, but not really that good. Some really good gore, but nothing else. And certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen (FD3- Sunbed and nail gun *shudder*)

kir

Hyper Poster
I thought the same as you, Ben! Hostel wasn't gripping enough. There were a couple of gory bits, the eye and the foot being the best, but it could have had a lot more intense.

Jake

Strata Poster
Oh yeah, hostel.

During that putrid eye bit, Ben grabbed my arm so tight that he nearly drew blood! It was death!

I agree, the first hour was crap and the last half an hour was actually really good.

Its no Saw.

Ben

CF Legend
I HATE eyes though.

*Shudders at the vulgar bit in Kill Bill Vol 2*

Um, yeah, Hostel just lacked any suspence or fear. Shame, it was almost brilliant.

Kraken

Roller Poster
Just got back from the Borat movie. All I have to say is GO AND SEE IT! It is so good, I spent nearly all of it in pain from the laughter whiping the tears from my face. I think it is the only time I have ever been to the cinema and within 30 seconds of the film starting, the entire room was pissing themselves laughing.

I wont spoil it for anyone, just don't go and see it if you are Jewish, you wont be impressed... Actually, you probably will.

jack

Roller Poster
Kraken I have to agree with you about Borat. The first hour is just laugh after laugh but the last 30 mins dies slightly. And the Jewish jokes were just LMAO.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Borat....a must see....first hour is pant wettingly funny. Last half hour slows down somewhat. Borat is so politically incorrect..."my sister is fourth best prostitute in Kazakstan" and indeed the jewish jokes were hillarious.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I saw Blair Witch project for the first time a couple of days ago and it scared the pants off me :oops:.

The ending is a bit weird. I'm not sure if I thought it was good or crap. The bit where the girl is freaking out so much that snot is coming out her nose and she's crying was horrible.

Walking through the gardens at Alton Towers last night reminded me so much of it! It was really scary, lol.

A

Anonymous

I went to see 'Borat', which, i had been dying to see since September, as I have watched loads of his interviews before... so anyhoo...
What a load of CRAP. He's ruined.

As for scary stuff, has anyone seen House of Wax? THAT IS SICK, yeuchh put me off scary movies forever, I'm not even gona bother to go and watch saw3, after bravely watching saw one and two, I think I will sack three off...

As soon as a Madagascar like movie or a second kinda thing to that comes out, I'm there.

:D

AeRo

Hyper Poster
How could you not like Borat :gasp:

I have now seen it twice and want to see it again...it was sooooo funny.

Ah well horses for courses I suppose.

Kraken

Roller Poster
Yeah, how can you not like it!?

I went to see it for the second time today with my brother and dad. They both found it hilarious but it had lost that umph that it had the first time round for me. I think the atmosphere in the cinema plays a big role in it too, when I saw it the first time it was packed and everyone was laughing loads, but today the place was deserted and just seemed flat. It was still pretty amusing though.

Does anyone know when the Pick of Destiny comes out? Can't wait to see that.

A

Anonymous

omg I think it's cause I watched the trailer first and that kinda summed up the funnier bits....
Other bits, however were like okay, do I giggle now?
Cinema was dead... and cinema seats shouldn't have single chairs, should have sofas, more snug n cuddle times make happier times.
Who are you people? Were u at Thorpe and Chessy? :?:

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Well the film has made more than it's budget in the first weekend, despite Fox dropping the initial weekend from 2,000 screens to just 800.

There are so many funny bits which are not in the trailer....the whole of the first hour for sure. The first time I saw it the cinema was half full at the tea time session on the opening night. The second time the cimema was full. The audience were in hysterics, as was I.

I would definately give it another go collette-ski.

Oh and yes i was at Ghosterforce! :D