What's new

"Now Showing"

c&r

Mega Poster
Just got back from Narnia; had I listened to the reviews, I would have felt it incredibly over-rated, and would have been greatly dissapointed.

It was good, nothing outstanding.

A

Anonymous

I just saw Crash. Its not a new film, but was made recently.

It was beautifully crafted, casted, shot--everything. At points it was hard to follow, but it was one of those movies, that in the end, you understood what they were getting at, regardless. It has some pretty heavy themes, and so I reccomend it to anyone who is mature enough.

I give it a definite A+

Ben

CF Legend
I payed The Producers the ultimate accolade today, and saw it again. Not even the two Burtons out this year got that. That goes to show just how fantastic it is.

joe

Mega Poster
I was watching Apocalypse earlier. I know I am a sissy but the ending brings tears to my eyes. It has a good story to it, and its one of my faviroutes.

themeparkphreak

Roller Poster
The original had Gene Wilder in it. That makes it crap.

That's what makes it good!

The reason the New Charlie and the Chocolate factory is toss is because Wilder isn't in it!

Yesterday I saw Shaun of the dead for the first time...Absolutly creased me up.

joe

Mega Poster
^Shaun of the dead is great. The famous fence jump is my faviroute scene. We have a teacher in my school who looks exactly like Shaun.

Ben

CF Legend
ThemeParkPhreak said:
That's what makes it good!

The reason the New Charlie and the Chocolate factory is toss is because Wilder isn't in it!

Wilder's the worst actor ever. No, that's not true, Dustin Hoffman is THE worst actor ever, Wilder's in second place though.

I must admit, I saw King Kong yesterday (I was made to take my cousin who was desperate to see it, she hated it though :lol:) and I must say, it was every bit as bad as I thought it would be! It was three and a half hours of crap. One hour of lame and dull dialogue, followed by two and a half hours of CGI effects, that's it really. They so could have done it in two hours, then it may have be OK, oh wait, Jackson's not capable of doing a film that doesn't drag as much as the Hundred Year War.

I also went to the cinema today (Christmas Holidays are looong) with the intention of seeing Narnia, but I decided it looked crap, so went to see The Producers again :lol:, still excellent.

A

Anonymous

Fun with Dick and Jane

B+

A pretty solid comedy, with a lot of class, compared to a lot of crap thats been coming out lately. And for a comedy, it has a somewhat interesting level of depth to it! It confronts corporate America, the american dream--even illegal immigration, which are all rather heavy themes for a comedy! Regardless, it was a great film, and I reccomend it to anyone who doesn't mind hearing an out of place, completely unnecessary F-word! :lol: Honestly, they shout out the F-bomb once, probably just to get the PG-13 label!

-Jahan

joe

Mega Poster
Chicago its a top notch film, it has a nice story to it. And the dances are pretty good. Watch it.

Ben

CF Legend
I love Chicago, I saw that six times at the cinema- an all time record for me, that makes it my favourite film of the last six years. It rocks.

Um, I may have gone to see The Producers again today... that's four times. I AM a loser...

A

Anonymous

I went to see brokeback mountain a couple of days ago and it's definitely the best film I?ve seen in a long time. No other film has ever touched me in the way this did. There were very few dry eyes in the cinema by the end! If you haven?t seen it already, I suggest that you do.

themeparkphreak

Roller Poster
No other film has ever touched me in the way this did. There were very few dry eyes in the cinema by the end! If you haven?t seen it already, I suggest that you do.

I thought it was quite good..It would mean a lot more to me if I were gay.

I spotted a huge resembalance to 'Of mice and men'..anyone else notice that ?

A

Anonymous

Saw Jarhead with a Friend yesterday.
Loved it!

The acting was top notch from all cast, especially Jamie Foxx. over my movie loving years i may have watched extreme large amounts of war films. They all had a state of realism to them, but Jarhead had something different, something different that made it better than the rest.

The Cinematograpy is this was superb, some of the shots were just breathtaking, they seriously left me in awe, Coming from the acclaimed director of Amercian Beauty was maybe one of the reasons of the brilliance of it, as in the cinematography was also Excellent.

Top notch, War Drama. 4/5

One thing i must state, dont go into the theatre expecting a bloody, action packed war film, becasue you will come out very dissapointed.
This film is not about action, and although it does incluse quite a few explosions, there is no more than 2 minutes of real action. (even some of the action shots from the trailer arnt in the actual film)
This film isnt about explosions and death, its about the story of one marines journey into the kuwait war.

Ben

CF Legend
I watched two movies I've been dying to see over the last week.

The first was the original Producers. Compared to the new one, it's piss poor. When you compare the two, it goes to show what great acting, energy and music can add to a script.

The other was The Birdcage. In a nutshell it's Meet The Parents, with comedy. IMDB says... "Armand Goldman owns a popular drag nightclub in South Miami Beach. His long-time lover Albert stars there as Starina. "Their" son Val (actually Armand's by his one heterosexual fling, twenty years before) comes home to announce his engagement to Barbara Keely, daughter of Kevin Keely, US Senator, and vice president of the Committee for Moral Order. The Senator and family descend upon South Beach to meet Val and his father and "mother..." and what ensues is comic chaos."

Anyway, it's a very funny script but it's the performances that made it one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. While all the actors were hilarious, it's Lane and Azaria that steal the movie. Lane's a comic genius in any films, but this was the first time I've liked Azaria. I strongly recommend it.

"You do an electric celebration of the dance! You do Fosse, Fosse, Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla, Twyla! Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna, Madonna! But you keep it all inside. Work on that." :lol:

joe

Mega Poster
If you go to Jarhead wanting to see an action movie, dont expect much. Its more of a comedy, its still good though.

Next movie on my list: Underworld Evolution.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Brokeback Mountain

This film is probably one of my favourite films. Loadsa people think thats just coz its about a gay couple lol. But honestly this film is such a beautiful story, which could make anyone cry. The settings, the acting and the subtle music just makes this film SO powerful.

everything I love about this film is so different from what I love about other films. I usually love films that wham things in your face and blow you away, but this is so subtle, yet to have actually kept my thorough attention throughout and have me constantly thinking about it for 2 days is such an acheivement. It's already won many awards, and I hope it wins more.

It's a great moment in film history, pulled off beautifully.

A

Anonymous

Underworld Evolution Joe?

Good luck Joe! i went to see it with a friend today and the rating has been boosted to an '18' for some reason, which sucks casue i was looking forward to it.

Brokeback mountain is Amazing Bob_3_!!!
youve covered most of it, it is just such subtle film, no explosions, gunfights, loud blaring music.

None of that, but somehow it keeps you far more interested in it, rather than the likes of one of those films. (Sh***y action films. eg. XxX 2)