What's new

"Now Showing"

big john

Mega Poster
Johnny Wrote
The Departed

Just saw it, AWESOME movie. Felt much longer than it was, but that wasn't a bad thing at all. Amazing performances, brilliant plot, just awesome.

10/10.

ITs long cause its a remake of 3 films all together go watch the origionals they are korean i think there called infernal affairs 1,2 and 3 there great and yes i will agree this is a well done remake

Ollie

CF Legend
Today I watched World Trade Center

It's an ok film, but is mainly talk and not much happens (apart from the obvious). But I guess that the directors couldn't help this as they were trying to re-enact the story of two police officers struggling to survive under the conditions that are left after the towers collapse.
It's quite interesting and provides you with some facts and figures of the day, and has real footage that was recorded and shown on the news in it.

Overall: 5/10

peep

CF Legend
World trade Centre was lame, very lame. One was forced to watch it as part of the School Film week in London, one was not impressed. Its boring, not a lot happens, stars one of the most boring men in the World (Nic Cage) and is just plain dog mess. 1/5

Anyways last night I watched The Departed. I have seen it before and was surprised how good it was, probably not as good as Goodfellas but thats an amazing film. I also knew that it was based on Infernal Affairs (didn't know it was based on the whole trilogy) so I was actually a bit iffy about seeing it first time round due to other Hollywood remakes on Asian films. But I watched it again last night because its very good and I have to say that the only bad thing about it is Mark whatever his name is, his character annoyed me. I have to say Leonardo Dicrapio was ok in this film, redeemed himself a bit. Meh, 4/5

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I saw Michael Clayton last night, a law film.

Hmm.. Well, at first it was quite interesting, but then I just lost concentration, which unfortunately led me to not knowing what the HELL was going on. But halfway through I looked up the plot up until where I was in the film on the internet to understand what was happening, and after I thought about the scenes again, it all made sense, and made the rest of the film easy to understand.

It's quite an intelligent film if I may say, and I thought the plotline was great but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, because to some it'll be boring. But like I said, if you want to watch something intelligent, with excellent performances, I would recommend Michael Clayton. Just pay serious attention to what's going on :).

I personally wouldn't mind seeing it again, because then I'd understand, appreciate and enjoy it a lot more.

I'd probably give it about 7½/8 out of 10.

Into the Wild

Man, this movie was seriously so depressing. It's based on the true story of Chris McCandless who burned all of his money, ruined all of his identification and went off to live in Alaska in the wilderness at like, age twenty four. The whole movie was pretty much about his life on his way to Alaska, the people he met, and ultimately, getting to Alaska. It had some funny parts, some touching parts, and some really sad parts.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

About two months into his time in Alaska, he eats a poisonous berry, which if not treated, causes starvation, so eventually he died from it because he couldn't really eat or digest much.

I bawled for like, ever, not only at that part but when he meets the old man and stuff, for those of you who may have seen it.

SPOILERS DONE

I'd give it an 8.5/10 overall and I'll probably read the book.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Went to see Vantage Point wednesday 12th.

Quite a good film, but not sure I liked the rewind effect, seeing the same story from lots of different points of view, thouht it strung the film out a bit, whe they finally got to what happened in the end it all made sense.

Forrest Whittiakers character was cheesy but Dennis Quaid made things just a bit more exciting.

On a different note watching Dukes of Hazzard as typing, love that film, just as good as the original to which I was addicted. Sean William Scott sure fits the part, and don't you just want Johnny knoxville to do something as stupid as in Jackass.

nadroJ

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Anyway, American Psycho was a pretty good movie actually.

Definite brownie points to you for watching my favouritist ever film and liking it =]

I watched 28 Weeks Later, utter ****e as was to be expected from a horror sequel made after 1980 (excluding the Scream trilogy <3)

3/10 and that was only because Robert Carlisle was in it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Friend brought round his copy of Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny today, and it was really funny. It had a bit of a random story but that just added to the hysterics of it.
Great watch, especially if you like Jack Black. ;)

8/10. :D

Ollie

CF Legend
Also the same night I saw Tenacious D, I also saw... Final Fantasy: Advent Children

This was quite a good film. I wasn't amazed by it but the CGI the used was fantastic.

The story didn't make much sense as the only Final Fanstasy game I've played is 12, but I gave up on it after a couple of hours becasue it's crap.
The fight scenes in this filme were good as well, but the camera moves WAY too fast, and it gets impossible to tell who is who, or who is doing what. This makes it confusing, but the veiwer can still sort of understand what is going on.

Also the scenes were mixed lengths. Some seemed to be over in seconds, while others lasted ages. This gave the film some long boring sections that were annyoing.

Overall it's an OK film but I wouldn't recomend seeing it if you have no knowledge of the games. :p

5/10

kimahri

CF Legend
Coaster Ollie said:
I also saw... Final Fantasy: Advent Children

This was quite a good film. I wasn't amazed by it but the CGI the used was fantastic.

Advent children is DEFINATLY for the fans of VII

the movie is alright at best.

I think VII is the worst in the series but never mind.

I watched Cube2: Hypercube the other day... IT'S SO CONFUSING D: 4-D OBJECTS!?! QUANTUM PHYSICS !?! CRAZY (yet awesome) OLD WOMAN!?!

its just confusing. It is however a really good and original consept but it was just played out wrong, it did have potential but, its just confusing :?

I prefer Cube and Cube Zero.

Snoo

The Legend
John Adams

Documentary movie about one of our founding fathers which was on HBO this past weekend/week. I loved it really.. found it incredibly realistic and didn't see much which wasn't about on par with my historical knowledge.

It was also very informing about a man which not many knew about in shaping our country.

9.5/10 (wished they showed the action scenes better)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ That sounds interesting-- I may have to check that out.

National Treasure was on TV last night and I caught some it. Forgot how much I enjoyed that movie. Of course you can't take it realistically at face value, but I really love the intrigue of it all. The way they build the storyline, it almost seems plausible. What's great too, is that I've been to all the places in the movie, so it's easy to recognize all the places where stuff was hidden and all that. Add to that that I'm massively into history and love intrigue and mystery things like this, makes this a great movie. 9 or 9.5 / 10

peep

CF Legend
Just finished watching Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the black pearl on Blu-ray (probably the most watched film at Peep lodge).

It was awesome as always. Even my nan (she has no tv, so films like this are rare for her) loved it, although she thought the cursed pirates looked awful, lol, she is jokes.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Joey said:
I remember Kir telling me about Cube.

Best.. Film.. Ever..

Seriously my favouritist film..

Saw "21" on wednesday.. not bad.. Kevin spacey great as always.. but bit predictable in storyline.. Which i guess is expected as it's based on a true story..

mrclam

Giga Poster
peep said:
Just finished watching Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the black pearl on Blu-ray (probably the most watched film at Peep lodge).

Why do people insist on saying "on Blu-ray".

I dont say "I watched superman... on DVD" do i?

Why does you watching it on blu-ray make any difference to anything? Confused.

Congrats on watching it on a expensive format where your tv was probably too small to notice the difference though..

Haha, as for Cube, that was a crazy movie. The opening scene was pretty much amazing, but the actors and actresses absoloutely blew. It was a bit too sci-fi for it to be one of my favourite movies ever, but it was interesting.

Blu-Ray is a waste of money, it seems.

And Pirates is kind of confusing.