What's new

"Now Showing"

Pierre

Strata Poster
peep said:
Minions

Was really looking forward to this seeing as the Despicable me films are superb and hilarious, however I found this film to be a major disappointment. There weren't really any funny bits and the story was a bit meh. The animation was absolutely excellent though so they had that going for them and they recreated London really well. Maybe I'll re-watch on Netflix in the future and enjoy it more.

Except Kevin extinguished the fuse to the TNT using a fire hydrant from the street, which you don't get in London! ;)

I actually loved the film. Helped I had my five year old chuckling away at the side of me throughout :)

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Inside Out

Fantastic film. Probably the best Pixar movie made since The Incredibles. The creativity behind it is amazing and the animation was eye candy. Definitely worth the watch.

9/10

peep

CF Legend
Terminator: Genisys

I still can't make up my mind about this film. It was watchable and had some great ideas in there but overall it was just too muddled in time travel for it's own good. Not helped by some pretty dire writing/acting. Oh and that middle credit scene of stupidity just so they can make more *rolls eyes*

peep

CF Legend
Ant Man

I had my doubts about this one before going in to see it. I didn't need to worry, it's a fun film with some interesting action sequences. There are a few amusing moments but not as many as I was hoping there would be (considering the writing power behind the film). The two end credit sequences were also rather exciting. Overall it's certainly not Marvel's best film but it's still a fun ride with a great cast.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Ant-Man- Going into this movie, I knew I would enjoy it, since, well, it's a MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE movie. However, I didn't think it would be that good compared to some of the others. Boy was I wrong. This movie was AWESOME. The references and how it connects with other movies in the MCU are cool and work just so well. Paul Rudd's character is likeable and you feel for the guy. Micheal Douglas was great as Hank Pym. Call me crazy, but I liked it more than Age of Ultron. Definitely one of my favorite MCU films. Btw, there are TWO credit scenes. A mid credits, and a post credit. The post credit scene, you need to see, so stay for that. GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Jurassic World

It's eye-candy, I'll give it that. The film looks very good. The shots and "feel" of the park in operation are fantastic. However, I think I've become a little too nitpicky to fully enjoy such movies any more. I left the theater with the same feeling I had after the third Hobbit movie: "Well, that really wouldn't have worked at all". I can't really suspend my disbelief enough for it to work, which I guess is a fault with myself and not the movie. Even though it does fail biology pretty badly.

Anyway, if you like seeing dinosaurs eating people, fighting each other and behaving aggressively for no discernible reason, it's the movie for you. But not quite the movie for me.

2/3

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Had a bit of a movie binge this past week. Most of it horrible as my wife hit up Redbox for three free movies.

Paul Blart 2

Any longer and I may have walked into oncoming traffic. Would have been more entertaining

The Duff

Made me want to watch poker on tv. So bad.

Alexander and the horrible movie

Ugh.

Trainwreck

Aka a typical Apatow film. Funny at beginning, drags an extra 45 mins in the middle, ends on a good note.

Ant Man

Pleasantly surprised. Was thinking it would be pretty bad, but it was enjoyable. Paul Rudd was goofy enough but not overdone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just got back from seeing Antman with MMF. Brilliant, really enjoyed it. Great fun, good action and it was never so over the top that you just shook your head and said "ENOUGH CGI ALREADY!!!"

Probably my favourite MCU film so far (though CA 2 is close). We both loved it, such a shame it's too oddball to get people in through the doors - lots of people missing a great film.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: "Now Showing"

Pixels

Well, you can't really expect much else from a comedy with Adam Sandler AND Kevin James as the stars. It was alright. A good movie for those who loved 80s video games.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
Inside Out

Pixar have done it again, such a brilliant film. The animation is gorgeous, I love how they always outdo what they've done previously. The clips during the credits amused me, I want more of them. Lewis Black as anger is probably the best casting ever, he's amazing <3

peep

CF Legend
Legend of Barney Thomson

I saw this film without seeing anything about it, all I knew was who it stars (Robert Carlyle (also directed), Emma Thompson and Ray Winstone). It's a black comedy set in Glasgow which is pretty fun, the humour is pretty dark and morbid. The cast are fantastic though, Emma Thompson is pretty unrecognisable as Carlyle's mother. I would say it's best enjoyed on a Sat night on TV with some friends.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Inside Out

Such a good film. It was funny, the animation was amazing, the storyline was simple but interesting and actually quite exciting. Usually when I watch a Disney (Pixar) film I can foresee how it might end and the outcome but I just couldn't see it here. I really think they've left plenty of room for a sequel which I think would be fab. As Peep said, I also really enjoyed the small clips in the credits, I think more insight into other people would have been amazing.

The short, Lava, was fab, I loved the tune but it is so geologically factually incorrect it really annoyed me.

peep

CF Legend
Southpaw

Really great drama surrounding the life of a boxer. I found it quite emotional at times, the acting was on top form all round. I also found the boxing matches really exciting and intense which is weird for me.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

This franchise has been a weird one, I hated the first three films and then the last one I loved and the same goes for this fifth instalment, excellent action sequences and just a great piece of entertainment from start to finish. A very enjoyable action blockbuster.

Ben

CF Legend
Inside Out was soooo good.

I cried for like the last twenty minutes solid. The most heartbreaking Pixar film ever.

Oh God I can't even think about it :(

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
A few I watched on the plane home a few weeks ago (haven't seen anything more recently):

Big Eyes

I liked this. It's very different from the usual Tim Burton stuff, but it was an interesting story which was well-directed and with strong performances. Amy Adams is always worth a watch.

Chappie

Yeah, Crappie more like. It was a pretty poor film apart from the soundtrack. I LOVE Die Antwoord, but neither one of them can act for s**t; it was just soooooooo awkward.

Ex Machina

Yeah, I watched two "robot" films back-to-back, and this was the MUCH stronger one. For a sci-fi film, not a great deal happens and it's all very low-key, but I really enjoyed it. Very good film.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Birdman

Watched this the other night and nearly turned it off after starting it. Enjoyable film, but not every award winner early. I felt the sound mixing was horrible, it was so much louder than the rest of the film, it was a big detractor for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

big john

Mega Poster
Got to see a exclusive screening of fantastic 4 and my review is up on my youtube channel please watch and let me know or comment

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlEeYgHQuZw[/youtube]
And please check out my other reviews too

big john

Mega Poster
Review for mission impossible 5 is here saw this before fantastic 4 but was so disgusted with that piece of rubbish had to rant about that first which is in above post

Here you go let me know what you think and again subscribe please

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylmkF40P8sA[/youtube]