What's new

"Now Showing"

mcg0ughchris

Mega Poster
Ha ha I'll have a look for that group. You can tell we grew up in different era's. These are some of my favourite movies. Try and watch one per night, they don't have all three high tech CGI glam of the movies today but they're all amazing, great stories, scripts, characters, there's just something about them that makes them stand the test of time.

Terminator Genisys will be a perfect example of when not to start bringing back dead franchises. I'd like to bet it'll be horrific, reading the plot I don't even understand how it fits into the overall story, unless they're just disregarding everything that came prior

You should watch anything with Christian Bale in it to lol The Prestige, The Machinist, Batman Trilogy, American Psycho. They're obviously all recent but I love Christian Bale

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
There's a Facebook group for 'films Jordan needs to watch'. As it goes, I've seen none of the films in that list.

You haven't seen the best Christmas film ever made?

I think you shouldn't be allowed out, you're clearly not ready for adult life...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: "Now Showing"

mcg0ughchris said:
Ha ha I'll have a look for that group. You can tell we grew up in different era's. These are some of my favourite movies. Try and watch one per night, they don't have all three high tech CGI glam of the movies today but they're all amazing, great stories, scripts, characters, there's just something about them that makes them stand the test of time.

Terminator Genisys will be a perfect example of when not to start bringing back dead franchises. I'd like to bet it'll be horrific, reading the plot I don't even understand how it fits into the overall story, unless they're just disregarding everything that came prior

You should watch anything with Christian Bale in it to lol The Prestige, The Machinist, Batman Trilogy, American Psycho. They're obviously all recent but I love Christian Bale
Apparently they are "resetting" terminator with this new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mcg0ughchris

Mega Poster
Re:

tomahawk said:
mcg0ughchris said:

Apparently they are "resetting" terminator with this new one.

Horrendous honestly. I've got no clue how they could explain it, unless, they literally just set the movie in the same universe but it has nothing to do with any of prequels.

In other words it's one last pay day from the cash cow while Arnold is still on board. I'm still going to see it and praying it's better than salvation.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The worst part is they got rid of Emilia Clarke's best feature...her accent. They claim they are doing what star trek did, same universe, different timeline.

mcg0ughchris

Mega Poster
tomahawk said:
The worst part is they got rid of Emilia Clarke's best feature...her accent. They claim they are doing what star trek did, same universe, different timeline.

Using all of the same characters though lol and even bringing Arnie back as Terminator ha ha

Hopefully some of the other blockbusters will save the summer. Jurassic World was a much bigger success than what I previously thought. It kind of went under the radar with Avengers being released 6 weeks beforehand

mcg0ughchris

Mega Poster
Terminator Genisys

I hated it! There's so many small problems with the movie that i'm not going to lost them all but I will stick to some of the basics.

I think the movie is trapped between being a sequel to T1 and T2 and taking a completely new, fresh approach. It tries to go down the alternate timeline route but there's so many references to the first one in particular that it just doesn't work. I don't understand why you'd want to try and erase the history of two of best films ever made but what do I know...

So the first 20 minutes or so were pretty good, acting as a prequel to T1 and from there it just turned into an over complicated mess of time travelling that makes the T1 and T2 movies irrelevant.

Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese did not work. In no way did he portray a troubled character that had spent his entire life in an apocalyptic warzone.

SPOILERS to follow now to highlight my biggest issue...

The original Terminator gets sent to 1984 and is immediately confronted by the 1973 terminator but his existence Is never explained. Who programmed him and sent him back, ridiculous plot hole.

Then you've got Kyle Reese from the future who goes back to 1984 and is saved by the good terminator from 1973 and a battle hardened Sarah Connor. Now I'm guessing the liquid metal T1000 is also from 1973 which means they've been hiding from it for 11 years!!

Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor then use a time machine built by 1973 terminator to go forward in time to 2017. Now by this you've got a compromised John Connor (Evil Machine Version) who has been sent back to 2014 to wait for 2017 in which future Kyle Reese, 1973 Sarah Connor and a very old Terminator have to battle it out with a super machine/Human hybrid of John Connor.

Yeah it's that stupid

peep

CF Legend
Minions

Was really looking forward to this seeing as the Despicable me films are superb and hilarious, however I found this film to be a major disappointment. There weren't really any funny bits and the story was a bit meh. The animation was absolutely excellent though so they had that going for them and they recreated London really well. Maybe I'll re-watch on Netflix in the future and enjoy it more.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Jordanovichy said:
^Are the Despicable Me films on Netflix? I must confess I've never seen them.

To be fair, we just assume that you haven't seen ANY films... Ever

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Ted 2

Exactly what I wanted it to be. Stupid, immature, and inappropriate. I laughed, my dad laughed, my wife didn't. There's your target audience.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
She did a little bit, but it's not her cup of tea really. I laughed the entire time.

peep

CF Legend
I failed to find a funny moment in the first Ted. Doubt I'll see the sequel when it's released here.

I watched two films on Netflix. Wet hot American Summer was first. I heard Netflix was making a series prequel to this film and that it stars a whole host of awesome people so I just had to watch it. It's weird, I love what it's trying to do but sometimes the jokes fall flat or go on too long. It's probably also a case of not knowing what they're ripping into. It was amusing if a little messy. It'll be interesting to see how they pull off a series 14 years after the film.

They came together is another film by the same writer/director and it's easy to see that, a lot of familiar faces again. This time it's a rip on the rom com genre and it's pretty good at doing that. Again some jokes fail or go on too long but it did make me chuckle a few times.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'm not particularly well cultured (which I'm trying to improve on) or into watching films but I'll post some of the ones I've seen recently.

Blade Runner - I was looking forwarded to the visual aspect of the film which blew my mind. The film was very good, however I felt a bit distant when watching it. I don't know if that was intended or me having a thick skull.

V is for Vendetta- Nothing like what I expected. Again I really enjoyed it but, I don't have much to say about it.

Metropolis - I was a bit bored at the start, but ended up loving it. Being me, I'm surprised I actually followed it and I ended up really engaging with the story instead of the visuals which was [strike]apart from Madonna[/strike] the reason for watching.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Terminator Genisys

How **** dare they. What an absolute cheap trick, garbage pile of ****. How dare they.

Why ruin Emilia Clarke's amazing voice with that American garbage.

The movie itself, was a hack job. They tried to be edgy, but ruined it in the trailers, Arnold is old as ****, and there was nobody in the cast who could properly carry the movie. It lacks identity and should have never been made.

And they ruined my khaleesi's voice. Bastards.

mcg0ughchris

Mega Poster
tomahawk said:
Terminator Genisys

How **** dare they. What an absolute cheap trick, garbage pile of ****. How dare they.

Why ruin Emilia Clarke's amazing voice with that American garbage.

The movie itself, was a hack job. They tried to be edgy, but ruined it in the trailers, Arnold is old as ****, and there was nobody in the cast who could properly carry the movie. It lacks identity and should have never been made.

And they ruined my khaleesi's voice. Bastards.

Ha ha that's an even more unfavourable opinion than I had.

I didn't mind the first 15 mins

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Emilia Clarke can't act for s**t. People have ignored this on Game of Thrones because the character herself is fab.

Terminator has exposed her as being incredibly bland.

I didn't hate the film as much as a couple of others, but I wouldn't exactly recommend it either.