What's new

"Now Showing"

^I keep hearing good things about that film, there were some peeps at work today saying how much they loved it.

I kinda saw part of a very eagerly anticipated UK film being released this summer at work today. A little annoyed that I saw a random scene but at the same time I've spent most of my day dying from excitement. I would just come out and say what film but you never know who's watching lol

Donnie Darko

Straightforward and utterly confusing at the same time. A little freaky & unsettling as a sense of fear permeates almost every single thing that anyone does or says during the film, and yet also calming in a way, as it presents a kind of fatalist point of view of time: what will happen will happen and is beyond anyone's control, so why worry about contingencies?

This movie, like most that involve time travel, seems to be all about paradoxes.

peep said:
^I keep hearing good things about that film, there were some peeps at work today saying how much they loved it.

I kinda saw part of a very eagerly anticipated UK film being released this summer at work today. A little annoyed that I saw a random scene but at the same time I've spent most of my day dying from excitement. I would just come out and say what film but you never know who's watching lol

Don't worry John, it's quite clear what film you mean ;)

Entertaining movie but good lord it couldn't be more historically wrong. I was annoyed by the audience, which was pretty empty, gasping for every time they said "nigger" or harassed him for being black. It was just ridiculous and trying to cause an over reaction. We get it, people were racist in 1947. I knew it would be this way, but I had a sliver of hope it would be somewhat accurate. Worst part was the actor though, Jackie Robinson had a high pitched voice, not a deep raspy voice! That's not hard to screw up in your casting, but apparently they did it.

Edward M said:
Just watched Citizen Kane, holy s**t. :shock: Best movie of all time. :--D (10/10)

I think it's one of those films which is incredibly important and still "great" by today's standards, but I don't think it holds up quite as well as other classics (such as Casablanca).

However, there are some brilliant scenes and Wells really pushed film making at the time to a completely new level.

The most important aspect is to finally understand the millions of jokes and references to the film so you can be smug and go "ah, now I know where that came from!" :p

^ by the way, it is NOT my favorite film. I just can't name a better MADE film. Pulp Fiction will forever old that honor. It is barely in my top 10. Also, the beautiful message rains true today.

Never suggested it was?!? :p

I think it's a great film, and a superb example of how to make a film. It never hit my "top 25", but it's a brilliant piece of film-making.

Lost my **** watching The Place Beyond The Pines, as in, I think my ovaries actually exploded? Really **** great movie, excellent acting, wasn't what I thought it was going to be (always a plus) and just, yeah, something refreshing I guess? Loving that there's so much great cinema happening at the moment ^.^

nadroJ said:
Lost my **** watching The Place Beyond The Pines, as in, I think my ovaries actually exploded? Really **** great movie, excellent acting, wasn't what I thought it was going to be (always a plus) and just, yeah, something refreshing I guess? Loving that there's so much great cinema happening at the moment ^.^

**** I really wanted to see that. I was going to see it in Palm Bech last weekend but I was dragged to a boring ass dinner party. Well ****!

Place Beyond The Pines was dull.

Iron Man 3 was **** awesome.

Olympus Has Fallen was pure cheese with awesomesauce on.

The lesbian scene in Scary Movie V was the funniest thing ever.

Evil Dead was awesome.

Iron Man 3. I won't do spoilers, and have a more detailed one once the film is out for longer. Quite good however one thing in the movie sort of ruined it for me. Better than number 2 but don't know really if it beats number 1. I'll have to watch the first one again.

So, recently I've watched Porco Rosso (which I can't remember if I've already said on here), The Dark Knight Rises and The Hunger Games.

Porco Rosso is really weird. It just kinda meanders around like My Neighbor Totoro but puts a sense of 'Oh dear, there is a bad thing coming' and then just meanders around that...

TDKR and Hunger Games were pretty good though.

Re: "Now Showing"

Finally got round to watch Iron Man 1 and 2.

Most over rated films ever. Both boring and lacked a good story line. But sort of fun at the same time, good comedy films. Are they meant to be that?

Effect were really good but that's about it. I did like the one liners as well and the gadgets.

Just do not get why these films are rated so high.

After the abuse I got on fb for not saying I love the films was actually worried to post what I thought.