What's new

"Now Showing"

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I was talking to my dad the other day and he mentioned that when he saw the ad for True Grit, he thought the origianal only came out a few years ago when in fact it came out around 40 years ago.

I hardly ever see any films to add anything else to this topic but should be going to see Paul and Gnomeo and Juliet soon.

Snoo

The Legend
Faster

Probably the best acting The Rock has done.. mostly because he didn't do a lot. Simple.. sweet.. and not bad.

8/10

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Saw "The Other Guys" last night. It wasn't bad. I had a few good laughs, but overall it was not deep enough to give it a great score. Mind you, it was a comedy, but the plot is definitely important to a comedy. Ferrel did just fine, and the supporting cast wasn't too bad.

Overall: 3.5/5

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Just Go With It

It was ok, but holy shiznit Brooklyn Decker and Jennifer Aniston are both ****ING SMOKING!!! Yeah, they were hot. I got hit by my girlfriend after my jaw dropped after seeing both of them in bikinis. Yeah. That was pretty much the best part of the movie. It was very predictable, and there was no story at all.

3/5 for hotness factor.

Lofty

CF Legend
So, finally watched ****ter Island, Sorry, Shutter Island:

Shutter Island:
No, just No. This film is trying to be something it's blatantly not. It's 'twist' is very apparent from the offset. I guessed it as soon as he stepped on the goddam island. It literally does nothing, fafs around, has terrible CGI, not very good acting, then has a good conclusion which drags on for FAR too long. I didn't enjoy it really, thought of it as boring for the most part.

2/10 - Just UGH.

I also watched Jonah Hex:

Jonah Hex:
I LOVED this film. EVERYTHING about it was amazing. The action sequences, story line, acting, make-up, settings and characters. It was just magnificent. Really picturesque settings make a fantastic backdrop and sympathise well with his lonely and baron life. It's really, really good. I can't express how much I thought this film should be watched, and loved, by more people. Also, it has elements of Steampunk <3

10/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Just watched Buried.
OH MY GOD. Seriously AMAZING.
For a film that's all filmed inside a coffin it manages to hold your attention for the whole film and make it really gripping. Some amazing acting by Ryan Reynolds who really manages to make us feel like we're trapped in there with him and root for him the whole film hoping he gets out.
If you haven't seen this film then see it NOW.
9/10

Snoo

The Legend
How'd you like the ending Ollie? I already reviewed this puppy a page or so ago.. so I'd like to know a fellow viewers thoughts. :D

I had an 8.5/10 I believe.

Ollie

CF Legend
I thought it was horrible. :p I knew it was a possibility though so wasn't too surprised when it happened. Although it had more of an impact as you grew to like the main character and they really got his hopes up for survival. :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I went to see Buried when it came out, and I have to admit, as much as I loved it, I found the voice acting was TERRIBLE. Really off-putting, and partially ruined the film for me. However, the ending I hated as it was pure turd, and had little thought put into it - it seemed like a "we need to somehow end this...anybody have any ideas? No? Well, let's end it with this then..." kind of thing.

But I still found it brilliant and one of my favourite films of 2010 :p

peep

CF Legend
^I love the ending of Buried, so different, goes against the Hollywood mainstream. <3 Such a fantastic film.

Recently got back from seeing Paul

I really, really, enjoyed this film, it was funny, had great action sequences and had so many nerdy hints that I probably missed loads. Bar scene <3 I think I was the only one in the screening to notice the music in the background, check it out :p I thought the CGI was excellent and just helped the movie work by not feeling out of place. A great film if you want a good laugh. Yeah there are some very predictable moments in the film but hey, it's just a great bit of entertainment.

Rating: 4/5

Ollie

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
However, the ending I hated as it was pure turd, and had little thought put into it - it seemed like a "we need to somehow end this...anybody have any ideas? No? Well, let's end it with this then..." kind of thing.
SPOILER...
I disagree. It makes you think if they did find him or not as don't forget he scratched the name on the coffin. And they did find his location as he said he was under the mosque and they said they found his location.
Read some of the theories on IMDB.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462758/boa ... /176186597

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
peep said:
Recently got back from seeing Paul

I really, really, enjoyed this film, it was funny, had great action sequences and had so many nerdy hints that I probably missed loads. Bar scene <3 I think I was the only one in the screening to notice the music in the background, check it out :p I thought the CGI was excellent and just helped the movie work by not feeling out of place. A great film if you want a good laugh. Yeah there are some very predictable moments in the film but hey, it's just a great bit of entertainment.

Rating: 4/5
Thank god you wrote that! You've covered everything I was going to say. And yes, I also got the music reference in the bar. There were some fantastic references in there too!

Loved it, really did. 8/10.

(btw, it isn't part of the "Blood and Ice-Cream" trilogy, so don't go expecting Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz. It's different, excellent, but different). :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
Due Date

Definitely not a comedy but I liked it for some odd reason.

7/10

Easy A

Fantastic movie.

9/10

^ How is it not a comedy?

And wow Lofty, I'm shocked you didn't like Shutter Island. I've heard neutral reviews and of people liking it a lot, but never a review of someone disliking it.

Ben

CF Legend
-lofty- said:
EVERYTHING about it was amazing

I've not seen it, but, since it has...

megan-fox-glad-hex.jpg

I KNOW this is wrong :p

^ Oh. Well, me and everyone else in the theater I was in beg to differ :p .

To each his own, however.

I downloaded.. I mean.. Legally somehow got my hands on a copy of Buried so will be watching that probably in the next couple days, perhaps in my boredom at the airport on Thursday.

Will

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
And wow Lofty, I'm shocked you didn't like Shutter Island. I've heard neutral reviews and of people liking it a lot, but never a review of someone disliking it.
I can see why it's a bit of a marmite film - some people are probably BORED of that psychological plot twist type thing that there's been rather a lot of recently. However, since I didn't completely see it coming, it was one of my favourites of last year :)

As for Due Date... I didn't see it, but I find the criticisms easy to believe. Zach Gblablabla can come back when he learns to play a different character.

I can see why it's a bit of a marmite film - some people are probably BORED of that psychological plot twist type thing that there's been rather a lot of recently. However, since I didn't completely see it coming, it was one of my favourites of last year

Yeah, and if you can guess the plot from the beginning I suppose it would be quite boring if you knew what was coming. However, I'm not the type that can guess even the most obvious of plots really :p . But at least I understood it.. My mom had the worst "wtf" face I had ever seen and I had to explain the entire thing to her.

As for Due Date... I didn't see it, but I find the criticisms easy to believe. Zach Gblablabla can come back when he learns to play a different character.

NEVER hate on my homeboy Zack Galifianakis. He plays the same character all the time, but so do a lot of other actors and actresses. He pulls it off so well though, even his presence makes me laugh.