What's new

"Now Showing"

he's meant to be a "legendary" US Marshal and war veteran, yet he looks 22.

Funny, that was the one movie I thought he didn't look a pre-pubescent boy in. He actually had.. dun dun dunnn... facial hair! Plus, it was made to take place in what, the fifties? Surely he wouldn't have to be a wrinkled old man to be a war veteran.

Dunno how you didn't like it :p .

peep

CF Legend
I'm still not sure if I want to see Shutter Island, looks a little meh imo.

However I did see two films today. First film was I love you Phillip Morris.

I loved it. Definitely one of Jim Carrey's best performances. The film as a whole is just hilarious and to hear that everything that happens is true just adds another dimension to the hilarity of it all. I highly recommend this film if you want a good laugh.

Rating: 4/5

The second film I saw today was The Bounty Hunter.

Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler in an action rom-com. Hmm. It should be terrible and it mainly is. It's very predictable and well, boring. There is the odd moment of amusement but tbh everything was too predictable for me and most of the comical moments just felt flat. It was probably made worse that the audience were a bunch of douchebags, I swear it was like a special trip for people with issues, really didn't help.

Rating: 2/5

Did You Hear About the Morgans?

Well.. I almost wish I hadn't :p . Nah, it wasn't as bad as IMDb says, giving it a 3/10, but it certainly wasn't the best, and definitely a cookie cutter romance movie. I do not like Sarah Jessica Parker's face, never have, never will, but Hugh Grant did pretty good in the movie, and if it weren't for him, it would have been suckage. There were very few LOL moments, but a few small chuckles were let out here and there.

5/10

The worst thing is, my ex thought she was pretty.. Similarly, he thought I was pretty. You can kinda figure out how I felt about myself at that point :p .

Dave

CF Legend
Oh ya watched District 9 the other week.

Was pretty good, the South Afriiican voices bugged me after a while. Great effects and plot.

Well worth a viewing! 8/10

RCF

Strata Poster
The Bounty Hunter

Average movie. The plot was pretty predictable, had some funny bits but nothing I could really remember as hysterical. Jennifer Aniston was looking fine and my man-crush Gerard Butler was pretty good. :p

6/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Saw Alice in Wonderland 3D on Wednesday. It was ok, sometimes disorientating. Nothing overwhelmingly special, but certainly a good film. Couldn't help but think the girl who plays Alice looks so much like somebody I know :p

8/10

Saw The Last Seduction in Film for American unit. It was erm....very sexual. It was ok, had a okish storyline and seemed to go somewhere, but the sexual encounters really didn't need to be so explicit...

7/10

Error

Strata Poster
As an early Birthday Present, friend took me to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D.

It was delightfully strange, as it should be. The film is about a land where nonsense makes perfect sense, and does it rather well. It's targeted at young kids...but I question some of the images as "child friendly". I loved the music to it and would consider getting it. Acting was believable, and Mr. Depp does fairly decent (I still think his accents are clever enough).

2 things I had issues with: CGI and the 3D itself. The 3D wasn't bad and was used well (For bad 3D, see Avatar. For those who love avatar: Bite me), it just kept making my eyes hurt. I can't stand more then 20-30 minutes of it before I get a large headache. As for the CGI, I like it but also hate it. What's there is good and well done, but there is A LOT there. Everything looks CG'ed in Wonderland, and it likely all CG. Set building is still a lovely thing I enjoy seeing. If you're going all out on CG, make the whole damn thing CG (See Avatar).

Overall, very enjoyable, at least for a once over. Will watch again, just with no 3D.

7/10

RCF

Strata Poster
my sister got me to watch New Moon

While not a fan of the Twilight series in general the movie was rather good but not OMG IT'S SO MOTHER****ING AWESOME BLOW MY LOAD like everyone makes it out to be. It was alright though.

7.5/10

nealbie

CF Legend
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

nealbie

CF Legend
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

If you've seen Disney's animated Alice and read the Jabberwocky poem (above) then you'll love it.

I think the reason it's got so many bad reviews is because most of you are philistines. And just because you like it Ollie doesn't let you off the hook, because you only like it to perve at Alice (Mia Wasikowska).

It is a major fail by Burton though, because he's spent millions and millions and millions on what is clearly a niche film in uneducated and broken Britain!

9.5/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The Jabberwocky is my favourite poem of all time, unfortunately, Alice in Wonderland was not my favourite film of all time, neither was it my favourite Tim Burton film...

Nonetheless....'Twas brillig in the slithery toves...

peep

CF Legend
Went to see Chloe this evening after work.

It stars Jodie Foster, Liam Neeson and the girl from Mamma Mia. It's about Jodie Foster's character suspecting her husband (Liam Neeson) of cheating on her. She then gets a hooker (the girl from Mamma Mia) to flirt with Liam Neeson to see what he does. A complicated mess then occurs and it gets quite intense.

The film was brilliant and was very intense and gripping. There is a twist which I somehow didn't see coming at all and was brilliantly executed. All the cast gave excellent performances and all the female actresses showed a lot of boob lolz.

Great film, highly recommend.

Rating: 4/5