What's new

"Now Showing"

Error

Strata Poster
Blaze said:
I highly doubt everything you just said. Sounds like Shawn of the Dead without the comedy or soul. Has been ripped to shreds by reviewers over here, who do actually know what they are on about.

I've seen Shawn of the Dead, and this is better in my opinion. I really don't think you should bash down on my review without seeing the movie itself.

Also the best Monty Python film is Meaning of Life. Holy Grail is the most watched.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I watched 4 films yesterday... lol...

First I watched 1408. I thought it was pretty cool but didn't get it AT ALL... ermmm that's all there is to say really.

Then we watched Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. It was alright I suppose... I missed a couple of bits, but what I saw were pretty alrightish.

Then we watched Down With Love which was soooo sweet! I loved it and it's hilarious :D

Then we watched The Curiosity of Chance.
curiosityofchance-movie.jpg

This film is soooo good! The best out of what I saw yesterday. You should definately see it if you have the chance to. The storyline's a bit bland but the characters really make up for that. I <3 Chance :D

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Error said:
Also the best Monty Python film is Meaning of Life.
Fail. Meaning of Life is very patchy, whereas Life of Brian is a work of supreme genius ^_^.

I watched Creation last week, the film about Darwin that caused a fuss by finding it hard to get a distributor in the US.

I'm not surprised it had a hard time! Forget any debate about evolution, it's one of the bleakest films I've ever seen - it focuses almost exclusively on Darwin's depression following the death of his daughter.

Darwin's subsquent loss of faith is touched upon, but evolution itself is barely covered, and by the time his dead daughter had reappeared to haunt him for the eighth time I wanted to throw things at the screen.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you want to get depressed.

marc

CF Legend
Finally got to see Big last night, some how I missed seeing the film in the 80's.

Its a good film and I enjoyed it anyway, bit of a no brainer but fun. The bit with the trampoline had me laughing, for other reasons though not the film.

So yeah fun and enjoyable.

First I watched 1408. I thought it was pretty cool but didn't get it AT ALL... ermmm that's all there is to say really.

How do you NOT GET 1408? He goes into a room and all this trippy stuff happens. That's.. Actually it :p .

peep

CF Legend
Watched Toy Story in 3D earlier at the cinema.

Well it's Toy Story, which is amazing obviously, but in 3D. I'm usually a fan of 3D but I felt this didn't benefit at all from a 3D render. I don't understand why they did it. The only good thing about this release is that everything is so much clearer and I can't wait for a blu-ray release. Oh wells, Up finally on Friday!!!

By the way peeps...the best Monty Python film is defo Holy Grail.

Will

Strata Poster
mrclam said:
Richie said:

What part didnt you get?
The plot's fairly simple, and I sort of gathered why things were happening... but that doesn't make the things that happen (or the order they happen in) any less... haphazard... There's not a lot too *get*, but there's still some real 'WTF' moments thrown in there. Also probably didn't help that... unbeknownst to me, I'd had the 'alternative, depressing ending' inflicted on me...
1408, I approve - though this probably has a lot to do with the fact that John Cusack is awesome.

But in that explenation it clearly shows you didn't understand it either?

That's the gist of it. And yeah, I did understand it. I don't think I'd have a problem admitting if I didn't understand something, like I've done on here so many times :p .

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
mrclam said:
Richie said:

What part didnt you get?

The part where people came away at the end saying they enjoyed it? ;)

Well it's Toy Story, which is amazing obviously, but in 3D. I'm usually a fan of 3D but I felt this didn't benefit at all from a 3D render. I don't understand why they did it. The only good thing about this release is that everything is so much clearer and I can't wait for a blu-ray release. Oh wells, Up finally on Friday!!!

Aww I really wanted to see it in 3D but now I'm not so sure.. And I'm not even a fan of 3D anyway but I love Toy Story and figured they'd pull it off good. Booo.

And Furie, SHUSH YOU! :p

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
I really enjoyed the 3D! This was the first film where the 3D just seemed right - I honestly can't imagine it any other way now. I really helped at certain points, and it's really excited me for what I'll see on friday in Up.

No 3D headache too! It was glorious!

peep

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:

Aww I really wanted to see it in 3D but now I'm not so sure.. And I'm not even a fan of 3D anyway but I love Toy Story and figured they'd pull it off good. Booo.

And Furie, SHUSH YOU! :p

Tbh, it's great just being able to see it on the big screen (I can't even remember if I saw it at the cinema in 1995!). Also in America (not sure about Canada) you get the second film in 3D too whereas we have to wait till Feb and pay for the extortionate price AGAIN! So unfair times (again) for us Brits :(

Tbh, it's great just being able to see it on the big screen (I can't even remember if I saw it at the cinema in 1995!). Also in America (not sure about Canada) you get the second film in 3D too whereas we have to wait till Feb and pay for the extortionate price AGAIN! So unfair times (again) for us Brits

Yahh it's a double feature! And.. Toy Story was actually the first movie I ever saw in theatres, when I was about three, but yah like you say it'd be nice to see it on the big screen again. The movie is amazing anyway.