What's new

"Now Showing"

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
The whole Toy Story 3D business is just simply to get the ball rolling before next years Toy Story 3!

My favourite childhood film returns, yay.

RCF

Strata Poster
I only saw the first one in 3-D only because it was too late to see the 2nd one. Other than that I liked it in 3-D a lot more than I expected I give it a 9/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Neal said:
After it's recent re-release in the cinema, this evening me and my flatmates went to the late night showing :)lol:) of Toy Story. We're all just big kids really!

I'm still laughing my head off from all the adult humour and the nostalgia that enveloped Pixar's first of many masterpieces which are now the stuff of big screen legend!

A few others seemed to have the same idea as we had, the whole cinema was empty other than about 20 or so students, all of whom laughing their heads off at the genius of Mr Lasseter and his devoted team.

It's timeless and wonderful, and I couldn't believe that I'd forgotten how good it was! Unbelievable! :p

Funniest thing about this post? I went to see it when it opened with about 20 students (Hanley Odeon, 7:00 p.m. showing) and we all loved it (especially as most of us where computer science students :lol: ).

How things don't change! ;)

Excited about Up this weekend, but not as excited as Maxi-Minor_Furie :D

nealbie

CF Legend
It really does show you just how much of an awesome impact Pixar must have had (what being 4 at the time, I wouldn't remember all of the in depth stuff), but I do remember it being EVERYWHERE! :p

peep

CF Legend
Excited about Up? Every other thought I've had today is about how excited I am about seeing it at the cinema tomorrow! I don't think I've been this excited about a cinema screening since...Wall.e came out :p Yeah I'm Pixar obsessed but everyone should be. They haven't made one bad film yet and if you say Bug's life then you are obviously missing the point that it is still miles better than anything any other 3D animation studio can produce *cough* Dreamworks are sh*t *cough* :D

marc

CF Legend
I have tbh I was not that interested in UP, but after seeing more clips and the adverts it has become a film that I want to see.

I think the worst film they have done is Cars, and thats not a bad film. I just find it a bit to slow until the cow tipping part then it kicks into life. But it's stunning to look at.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Watched Bug's Life last night with MMF actually. I still enjoy the film. It's simple and endearing. You're right Peep, it may not be a good Pixar film, but it's still much better than most of the stuff out there. It sadly doesn't flow very well though, lots of slow spots and the characters just aren't as strong as in the other Pixar epics.

big john

Mega Poster
watched UP last night its a great film the kid soes get quite annoying and whiny at times but its got some great pacing and is genuinly funny at the right times, ALso love the dog hes great "OH SQUIRREL" lol made me chuckle lol

Ollie

CF Legend
Watched UP today at 12:15 with my date.
The cinema was empty as it was still during school time. There were a couple of families in there though. Although at 12:25 nothing had come on the screen and some staff came in and told us that there weren't any adverts or trailers with it so the film would start at 12:30 as they weren't going to show any adverts or trailers and allowed time for people who were leaving it late to turn up.
Anyway it's a great film. The girl I went with (Becky) cried a few times as it's really sad in parts. The characters are great, gotta love Russell. It's also got quite a lot of memorable quotes that will probably be doing the rounds in schools including SQUIRREL and POINT. It's just a great film, it looks stunning visually and it has a great soundtrack accompanying it.
So yeah go see it as it's another great film from Disney and Pixar and makes up for how **** cars was. ;)
10/10

kimahri

CF Legend
Kill Bill <3

The Fight with Vernita Green

Elle Driver's whisteling <3

When the bride Wakes up <3

The Sotry of O-Ren Ishii <£

O-Ren's Speech about her Race <4

The fight With the Crazzy 88 <5

Fight with O-ren <<

The Bride getting blasted with rock salt. LOOL!

The School Scene LOOOL

Fight with Elle Driver LEEEWWWEEELLLL!

Other parts of the movie <3

Kill Bill IS STILL AWESOME.

Not knowing how to do bullet points on a forum not so awesome.

It sadly doesn't flow very well though, lots of slow spots and the characters just aren't as strong as in the other Pixar epics.

Yah, Bugs Life wasn't really an amazing film.. I liked the Playstation 1 game better than I liked the movie actually..

I still never watched Up, but I expect that it will be out soon on DVD here, at least within the next few months.

As for Toy Story 3.. I forgot that was coming out next year. I remember it was a few years ago and I was thinking how far away 2010 was but now it's not that far anymore! Yay.

Trick R Treat

It got great reviews.. From everyone. The clerks at the movie store even said it was fantastic. It was so so so not that great though. Like, a few of the stories were interesting, but the vampire story and the one about the pumpkinhead just made me think, why is this rated so high? It was entertaining don't get me wrong, but there are far far better out there.

6.5/10

Ollie

CF Legend
The clerks at the movie store even said it was fantastic.
That might explain it. If he's trying to sell it to you he's trying to convince you to buy it.
And I used to love Bugs Life when I was younger. I remember going to the cinema about 3 times to see it. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Up loves it....

Visually astounding! The little details (as always) were what made the film for me, I LOVE Kevin, funniest character in the film, I couldn't stop laughing!!!

I felt some parts of the storyline came on a bit too strong emotionally (the trying for a baby bit) and some of the themes were a little too advanced for a kids movie? I don't know if that's just me but I was a little shocked at how overwhelmed I felt during the film. Also, blood features, again, a little too far on Pixar's account? I'm all for realism etc but I don't know if that needed to be included.

Definitely not Pixar's best but the animation just gets better and better I'd definitely go watch it again.

Kevin <333

Ollie

CF Legend
^I think it's fine. I hate it when they don't do things in films as they think it'll cause controversy. Remember what all the cartoons and shows used to show when we were younger. There were a few small children in the cinema when I saw it and they didn't seem too bothered. Although Becky (the girl I went with) cried a couple of times. After I said it was probably because older people take in the emotional bits more than when your younger. It's a great film though and it knows it's limits. That opening bit is really powerful with what it shows though.

That might explain it. If he's trying to sell it to you he's trying to convince you to buy it.
And I used to love Bugs Life when I was younger. I remember going to the cinema about 3 times to see it.

The movie store clerks don't try to sell you things. And I didn't say it was JUST the movie store clerks.. It was EVERYONE I've ever spoken to who had watched it.

I rented Year One, Away We Go, and Coraline.. So those reviews will be up soon :)

peep

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
mrclam said:
I wonder why it took so long for the uk to get up?

Damn postal strikes...

@ Clam, The guy at the cinema was giving out the excuse that it was so over here it didn't get overshadowed by Potter, which is a sh*te excuse because everyone else got it at a completely different time to Potter.

@ Cial, LOLz

@ Goon, WTF

Umm, so yeah, cinema day for me today :D
First film, unsurprisingly, was Up in 3D.

Well I thought it was absolutely AMAZING! I came very close to crying after the infamous ten minutes at the beginning, I don't know how they created so much emotion in such little time. The score for the film is one of the highlights for me, just a superb piece of music, I may go get the soundtrack. The rest of the film is an emotional rollercoaster, goes from being really sad (in a good way) to being extremely funny and the action scenes, just pure hilarity. I think the fight scene was genius, love it.

Rating: 5/5

Also the short before was hilarious and we also got 2 scenes from the up and coming Christmas carol, which was quite cool, I'm actually looking forward to seeing that now.

Ok, second film, Dorian Gray.

I was looking forward to this film but I was really disappointed. Not sure what was bad about it but I can't really think of any good things to say either. The film was also full of nudity which I was not expecting with a 15 rating.

Rating: 2/5

Last film of the day, Zombieland.

Even after a review on here (was it posted by Error?) I was still a bit cynical about seeing this. However, I thought it was hilarious. Woody Harrelson was excellent. The cameo by Bill Murray was just superb and probably was the best thing out of the entire film. It wasn't perfect but it does have some very good moments.

Rating: 4/5

As I said, I rented Year One...

I didn't expect great things from this, because I heard only the first twenty minutes were funny and then it gets dull. That couldn't be more wrong.. I was laughing through most of the movie. Jack Black was actually really good in this, and in general the cast was pretty cool. The storyline was obviously pretty stupid and even a retard could follow it, but it was amusing, and good for a "I don't feel like following a complex and intriquite storyline but I feel like having a good laugh" kind of movie.

7.8/10