What's new

"Now Showing"

Ollie

CF Legend
Ormerod said:
Alien is an awful horror film :shock:
Hurray. I'm not the only one. :p
Alien is a rubbish film and I found it really boring. But let's not get into that again shall we. ;)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^Alien is good.

Saw's queue should of looked like that animation IMO. Would of been good. Oh well.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^I don't know about a cheap budget as the sets in the film were really good and the only decent thing of the whole film.
It would buy better actors though that's for sure. :p

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Bloody would do, but that would look odd on the bonus disc.

'Behind the scenes of Alien'

*5 second shot outside the jobcentre of me picking up my dole*

Right boys, let's go make a movie!

Lain

Giga Poster
This thread should be retitled, "Reasons why Ormerod and Ollie should be lashed together and dropped in a well."

:p

Ollie

CF Legend
I just don't get why people love it so much and think it's good. It was average but I certainly wouldn't say it was amazing or worth watching.

kimahri

CF Legend
bitch_slap.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not going to get into the Alien argument, because people who don't like it are just plain wrong - it's very simple :)

Ollie said:
^Final Destination is great because it doesn't take itself seriously. It makes it more fun and people going in to watch the film know what to expect.

Well, I watched Final Destination 2 last night (keeping this kind of on topic :lol: ). It's dreadful, but great entertainment. Ollie is right, kind of.

It's just meant to be an hour and a half of crap story and fun deaths. The enjoyment is waiting to see how the people die, then watching them die. You have no desire to see the characters developed because they're so poorly acted and wafer thin. It's brains at the door entertainment and it does it well. It doesn't make them good films, just good entertainment - there is a big difference.

Ollie said:
Saw is good as well and the people that say it's lame or rubbish are most likely those that say that the Saw films are just an excuse for loads of blood and guts. But if you actually watch the films and follow the story it's actually a very well thought out and filmed set of movies. Plus that fact that there's hardly any blood shown at all in each film.

Saw WAS actually good. It was a great little film on a tight budget. It worked well and I enjoyed it so much I watched it again (a few months later). I even watched the second, third and fourth. Each time with mounting dismay and horror - at how badly they had shoehorned story lines in as a vague excuse to make more films.

It's not clever at all - it's just forcing in stories to try and plug plot holes. It's actually very sad to do these things retroactively.

See, look at TV shows like Babylon 5 and Lost. In the first few episodes, there are bits of story left dangling, and hints to things - which don't happen for a long time further down the storyline. This is clever, because later on you go "OMG! So THAT'S what that was all about all that time ago!!!"

With the Saw films you go "WTF? That's just a piss poor excuse to make a botched story line to fit in somewhere". It only works if you have the power to ignore everything and suspend disbelief to the point you think Saw: The Ride is gonig to be a good coaster before it opens. ;)

There's a big difference between being clever and writing a story arc that you follow from the get go, and mindlessly hammering in a story to fit some holes you can see in previous plots.