What's new

"Now Showing"

mrclam

Giga Poster
District 9

Overrated nonsense with a plot which is so full of holes it couldnt be a bucket.

Still strangely enjoyable though.

7/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Decided to do a shorter review of the same film as I did write quite alot on the last page.

The Final Destination 3D:
Boobs coming out the screen at you in 3D means this film is full of WIN! :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Marcus I heard that movie was pretty good, you're actually probably the only neutral/negative review I've heard so far.

Nah, I reviewed it a few thousand pages back. I had pretty much the same opinion - I actually turned it off because I had something better to do.

What have I watched?

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

"Paul, get your knob out!" had all the childish minds in the room giggling (three of us).

Anyway, classic Disney mix of live action, fantasy and cartoon. I saw it a few times at the cinema when I was younger and always loved it. The film is actually really long, and quite dull at the start - but it's all made up for towards the end.

I enjoyed it, Maxi-Minor_Furie (at four) enjoyed it and Minor_Furie (13) and cousin-of-minor_furie (12) enjoyed it. Definite hit then! 4/5

Milk
Bit of an odd one this. It's not really something I have a lot of interest in, but obviously a lot of people on here have been talking about how great it is, and it's worth broadening your horizons for a good film.

So, from a straight point of view? It was "pretty good". Obviously the subject matter doesn't mean quite as much to me, so a degree of the pain and heartache of the film is lost. However, the thing that really stuck out was how uncomfortable a lot of the cast seemed to feel. There wasn't really any "heat" between them. There was just a lack of passion, which made the actors seem a little false in their roles.

Other than that though, the film was well put together with some genuinely great performances. It wasn't outstanding, but certainly was good. Taking into account the fact that it's not really my cup of tea - 8/10.

Last night I watched Once upon a time in Mexico. I loved the cheese filled Desperado. This was pretty tosh though. Tough to follow plot to give them an excuse to shoot things - which they didn't really do. Depp was annoying, and the whole film was just badly edited and lacked directorial finesse. Must try harder! 6/10 if you like films, 10/10 if you like to see people shooting other people in various and glorious ways! :p

bob_3_

Giga Poster
However, the thing that really stuck out was how uncomfortable a lot of the cast seemed to feel.

=/ I don't know where you got that from. I thought the actors did a great job, I forgot they were straight! haha.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bob_3_ said:
However, the thing that really stuck out was how uncomfortable a lot of the cast seemed to feel.

=/ I don't know where you got that from. I thought the actors did a great job, I forgot they were straight! haha.

It just all seemed very "friendly" rather than hot and filled with passion. Kind of like how you see self conscious people "petting" in public - rather than how people are more in a new relationship in private. It was just the kissing really, there didn't seem to be enough connection between the participants. Maybe I just wasn't seeing it? :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
^It's at the top in America as well. :p
It may be something to do with the age rating. TFD is a 15 so lots of teenagers are going to go see it while IB is an 18 so stops younger people from going to see it.
Also the 3D in FD must have quite a big appeal to people as well.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Final destination is as lame as SAW.

I will judge Tarantino's Inglorious soon. All I can say is I was not impressed by Deathproof.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Final Destination is great because it doesn't take itself seriously. It makes it more fun and people going in to watch the film know what to expect. Saw is good as well and the people that say it's lame or rubbish are most likely those that say that the Saw films are just an excuse for loads of blood and guts. But if you actually watch the films and follow the story it's actually a very well thought out and filmed set of movies. Plus that fact that there's hardly any blood shown at all in each film.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
All Final Destinations go like this:

Crap intro, bit of crap cheesy story, death here, crap story, death there, random crap, another death, another death here & finale drowned in crap acting.

All SAW film's go like this:

Crap beginning, Crap story, Crap traps all over the place, utterly predictable & crap twist followed by crap finale.

Expect this from the next SAW films too. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Speaking of the next Saw film... :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QYsCrK5Jf4&annotation_id=annotation_473468&feature=iv[/youtube]

I finally get to see a Saw film in the cinema. :D