What's new

"Now Showing"

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Saw Eragon earlier. I haven't read the book, but it must be better than this: a weak script with a fairly mundane storyline.

The kid who plays Eragon, bless him he tries, but there's not an iota of acting aptitude in his entire body, so that wrecks things for a start. The effects are a bit meh, the direction and editing are lacklustre, and they must have dragged John Malkovich out of his hotel bed for all of 30 mins for his bit.

Jeremy Irons and Robert Carlyle give it a go, but overall it was very weak. 3/10.

peep

CF Legend
^Hmm, I'm getting quite worried, two of the three films I want to see over this christmas period have been given really bad reviews, Eragon and Night of the museum, hmm, I'll probably still check them out for myself though.

The other film I want to see is Perfume: The sotry of a murderer, looks fantastic.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I've just got back from the cinemas and I went to see Black Christmas!

It is such a great film. I actually loved it! The atmosphere while watching was great. There were funny bits (even if they were meant to be scary), scary bits, very jumpy bits, absolutely foul bits (the mum and dad are having sexual fun and he falls asleep so she goes to have a shag with her son instead. She ends up pregnant and keeps the baby, lol!) and clever bits.

It isn't going to win any awards or anything but I really enjoyed it a lot. Some of the deaths are so suspenseful and dramatic.

It is made by the same people as the Final Destinations and it doesn't quite match them, but it is still really good. People actually cheered at the end of the film because of much much they liked it.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Sounds...lovely...Richie :D

Perfume's been getting pretty good reviews Peep: http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/perfume_the_story_of_a_murderer/

I'm looking forward to Babel and Flags Of Our Fathers as well.

So, watched Deja Vu. It unashamedly rips off the science from Arthur C. Clarke's By The Light Of Other Days (excellent book), and does pretty well for the first 90 minutes. But then it has to push things too far to make it heroic and becomes illogical.

It's got the most original car chase I've seen for years though. Tony Scott is about the only director out there who cuts too much out of his films, so it hardly ever drags, and I'm always up for a bit of sci-fi. 7/10.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I had a grand video watching session today.

We watched Monster House, Child's Play 1 and Mean Girls.

monster-house-onesheetboxart_160w.jpg

Monster House was actually quite alright. It wasn't the best film ever made but it was quite good in places.

1927.jpg

At first I wasn't sure I even wanted to watch this! It always scared me as a kid. I had seen photos of chucky before and it looked like one of those films I would hate! After watching it I thought it was actually really poor. The deaths were crap and unrealistic, it wasn't scary in the slightest and it was really boring. It wasn't very good at all.

dvdart.jpg

This is such a camp film but I had never watched it before and I've heard loads of people (boys and girls) say that it is really good, so we just decided to watch it. It was absolutely hilarious in places and was the best film we watched today. All the bitches in it are great! I finally understand what Richard from Big Brother was on about calling Grace and their gang the plastics :D

Jake

Strata Poster
Watched Black Christmas tonight, it was vulgar. Fab <3.

Watched Deja vu last week, and prestige the week before.

Deja vu was FAB, prestige sucked.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I love Sarah Michelle Gellar aswell.

Sarah played one of the best characters ever made. Kathryn from Cruel Intentions! She was such a total bitch and CI is still one of my favourite films of all time.

crint-k.jpg

I used to love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was younger so I have to see this film.

c&r

Mega Poster
Just finished watching Scarface again.

Absolutely phenomenal movie. Everyone should see it at least twice in their life.

Rach

Giga Poster
Just came back from watching Its a boy girl thing

A true chick flik but well worth going to see if you are male of female.
Has a bit of a sexual reference in which adds to the enjoyment.

Brilliant is all i can say 10/10 easily!

Ben

CF Legend
I just saw Happy Feet.

Ahhhh... what a cute movie. Penguins r00l anyway, but make them musical penguins <3.

Story was a bit mish-mashed and meh, not a lot of humor, but who ****ing cares when there's MUSICAL PENGUINS.

Tom9

Roller Poster
Richie said:
I had a grand video watching session today.

We watched Monster House, Child's Play 1 and Mean Girls.

monster-house-onesheetboxart_160w.jpg

Monster House was actually quite alright. It wasn't the best film ever made but it was quite good in places.

1927.jpg

At first I wasn't sure I even wanted to watch this! It always scared me as a kid. I had seen photos of chucky before and it looked like one of those films I would hate! After watching it I thought it was actually really poor. The deaths were crap and unrealistic, it wasn't scary in the slightest and it was really boring. It wasn't very good at all.

dvdart.jpg

This is such a camp film but I had never watched it before and I've heard loads of people (boys and girls) say that it is really good, so we just decided to watch it. It was absolutely hilarious in places and was the best film we watched today. All the bitches in it are great! I finally understand what Richard from Big Brother was on about calling Grace and their gang the plastics :D

What a great film Mean Girls is, I thought it would be a load of old ****, but it was very good, some of the ladies are very fit.