What's new

"Now Showing"

Pineapple Express

I expected it to be funny, and it lived up to what I thought, but didn't exactly exceed it. Seth Rogan was fantastic as usual, as was the drug dealer; the plot was obviously pretty out there, but that is what made it so funny. A lot of amusing moments as well, so from me, it gets a ...

7.9/10

Not as good as Superbad / Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but still good!

peep

CF Legend
Recently got back from my epic day at the cinema. I spent the whole afternoon/evening watching four films at the cinema at the 02 in London.

First up was Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire.

Danny Boyle films never disappoint (maybe a little with Sunshine) and with all the hype this film has been building (along with all its award noms) I had a feeling this could be a let down. Oh it far surpassed my expectations, it is an excellent piece of film-making. Everything about it was just brilliant and I recommend to all.

Rating: 5/5

After the credits I ran down the cinema corridor to get to the next screening..

Seven pounds

This one is oh so very peculiar. The trailer gives nothing away and I'm finding it hard to not give too much away too. It was hard to get into but it got better towards the end. I think I spent most of the first half of the film thinking wtf, nothing makes sense. I'm still a little wtf about the whole film, I'm not a big Will Smith fan but I suppose he was ok in this. Has a nice ending.

Rating: 3/5

I then had to wait an hour for the next flick, gah, got so bored...

Anyways, the next film was Defiance

The beginning of this film was terrible, everything about it was just appalling. A little while after Daniel Craig appears it started to get good, the odd boring moment but your kept intrigued as to how they are going to survive. The Russian guys were ace and provided some good lol moments, actually the film had a good sense of humour which broke up the whole grim story. Its quite cool to hear that it is based off a real story from WWII.

Rating: 3/5

Then out of one screen into the next...

Che: Part 1

Went in thinking I wouldn't enjoy this but I've always wanted to know more about Che. I still don't know what I fully think about it, was hard for me to keep up at times as I was very tired so having to read subtitles and keep track of the action wasn't easy for me. Its a very interesting film and Benicio Del Toro puts in a good performance as Che.

Rating: ?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night and never ever in my life have I seen a cinema so packed, it was literaly crammed with people.

Anyway, the film was spectacular, I particularly enjoyed the soundtrack, which frequently switched between Bollywood inspired Western music and the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire theme. Brilliantly pulled off and an excellent storyline, incredibly original.

9/10

Ollie

CF Legend
American Psycho:

Great film. Knew it would be good but it was completely different to how I expected it was going to be portrayed.
Christian Bale shows a stunning performance and is able to switch between a calm businessman into a deranged killer without fault.
Although some say that Bale's performance makes the rest of the cast seem insignificant and like their not there although I felt that it was good as the focus is meant to be on this character you see developing before you and that's how he probably sees everyone else. Mindless objects and are all dispensable.
Overall a great film and I recommend it to everyone.
9/10

peep

CF Legend
Watched Hellboy II: The Golden Army on Blu-ray.

I think this is a great film with some hilarious moments (e.g. drunk singalong). The special effects are awesome and the characters/creatures are strange and fascinating. Just an enjoyable film.

Rating: 4/5

Error

Strata Poster
Watch My Bloody Valentine 3D, in which we we used old coupons from 1996 (God bless you Michigan state law!) to see it, getting the stupid looking glasses when we bought the tickets.

Good factor right off the bat: storyline and plot was there, and the only left your with the real question of who the killer is. And, in all honesty, it didn't completely surprise me. It was quite obvious that a guy wrote and produced it all, seeing as there is bloody of blood and gore to make a 3-year-old disturbed, a couple having very aggressive sex, and a lady running around full blown nude. The story was good and straight-forward, and the characters were developed and believable.

Two things that seriously bugged me: body count and the 3Ds. I'm not too fond of horror movies, thrillers either, but the body count was unreal. Mostly in a hospital, where, to my knowledge, has a cop milliseconds away.

3Ds...were pointless, honestly. Most of the 3Ds were overall done (or everywhere, as the case may be) and several things that could have been done were overlooked or completely missed.

Overall, great movie if you love gore, as it's everywhere. Strong story, and interesting (but easy to figure out) ending.

9/10

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Slumdog Millionaire

Just an amazing film, I've always been impressed with Boyle's films. The story is amazing, and it's an interesting way to tell a life story.

10/10.

It deserved the applause the cinema gave it at the end.

Snoo

The Legend
Pineapple Express

I went in with high hopes.. and they were crushed from the start. While it did have funny moments, overall, the laughter was at a minimum. It really sucked to be honest.. and the theory holds true.. anything which Taylor likes is most likely crap.

5/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Along Came Polly:

This film is great for a laugh. There are some really funny scenes that had me laughing quite a bit (mainly the toilet scene). The film as a whole is very simple where the main character played by Ben Stiller finds his wife has already been unfaithful on the first day of their honeymoon. He then goes back home where he meets Polly who he used to go to school with and starts dating her. Anyway the film is nothing more than a good laugh and the characters all give of pretty convincing characters.
6/10

American Psycho:

Great film. Knew it would be good but it was completely different to how I expected it was going to be portrayed.
Christian Bale shows a stunning performance and is able to switch between a calm businessman into a deranged killer without fault.
Although some say that Bale's performance makes the rest of the cast seem insignificant and like their not there although I felt that it was good as the focus is meant to be on this character you see developing before you and that's how he probably sees everyone else. Mindless objects and are all dispensable.
Overall a great film and I recommend it to everyone.
9/10

Ehh, I had heard so many good things about it from my boyfriend and like, then I watched it and like it really wasn't that great. I mean, it was good and I own the movie but, I probably won't watch it again.

Watch My Bloody Valentine 3D, in which we we used old coupons from 1996 (God bless you Michigan state law!) to see it, getting the stupid looking glasses when we bought the tickets.

I've heard awesome things about that movie so far, so I'm gonna have to go and see it in the movies before it's out on DVD so I can experience the 3D stuff.

That's next on my list, along with Sex Drive and Role Models. Love gore movies so can't wait for this yay.

Role Models is FANTASTIC (if you're into really dumb movies and humour). With the recent teenage comedies that have come out lately, I'd rank them like this:

1- Superbad
2- Role Models
3- Juno
4- Pineapple Express

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
Watched Hellboy II: The Golden Army on Blu-ray.

I think this is a great film with some hilarious moments (e.g. drunk singalong). The special effects are awesome and the characters/creatures are strange and fascinating. Just an enjoyable film.

Rating: 4/5

I happily agree with your views Mr. John...

"I just can't smile without you...." etc.... :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
Taylor talking about American Psycho said:
Ehh, I had heard so many good things about it from my boyfriend and like, then I watched it and like it really wasn't that great. I mean, it was good and I own the movie but, I probably won't watch it again.

Taylor then said:
Role Models is FANTASTIC (if you're into really dumb movies and humour). With the recent teenage comedies that have come out lately, I'd rank them like this:

1- Superbad
2- Role Models
3- Juno
4- Pineapple Express

Some more proof towards the theory that Taylor likes crap films and hates anything good. :)

Snoo

The Legend
The only real reason Superbad is so funny because it just reminded me of my childhood and my blatantly retarded mannerisms. Everything those guys said are pretty much what I said.. haha

As for my "Whatever Taylor hates must be gold" theory.. IT IS TRUTH MY PEOPLE! FOLLOW MY WORD AND YOU SHALL PROSPER!

Ben

CF Legend
Juno also isn't a teenage comedy in any utter way, shape or form whatsoever... at all.

It's amazing, yes. Funny, yes. Teenage comedy? NO.