What's new

"Now Showing"

[quotre]The plot summary wasn't very detailed, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I saw it, I thought it was great. Dustin Hoffman is just AMAZING as the autistic brother of Tom Cruise's character. Cruise himself was also surprisingly good, as usually he's just average in some of the other, more recent films. [/quote]

Rainman is amazing, and definitely one of my favourite movies of all time!

If you were in that situation what would you do.

Uh, no second thoughts, I'd be blowing the other boat up. Sorry, but I'd rather have my life and live with the guilt than be dead and not live with anything.

After a long three years, I got to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2! I made my boyfriend come see it with me, haha, but yeah, overall it didn't disappoint me. I was kind of sad that they smooshed the second, third, and fourth books together into one movie, but it was executed pretty well. I liked each of their stories, probably Tibby's the most as she is my favourite character. I was kind of sad that there was no mention of Bailey from the first film except them at her grave, but other than that, no complaints! They did change around Bridget's story a lot though.

8.9/10, and I will be buying it when it comes out.

Thank goodness for cheap Tuesdays <3

Ollie

CF Legend
Just finished watching Troy.

At two and a half hours it's a pretty long film. The fight scenes were really good. But the rest of the film was boring and I kept getting distracted as it was just talk about Greek stuff. :p

I'll give the film a 3/10 but with the battle scenes I'll put it up to a 5/10.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I saw The Dark Knight again just now.

Still awesome stuff! Harvey Dent's character was much better than I remembered. Eckhart really made him look like two different people altogether.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
ciallkennett said:
MsIsly said:
southend_marc said:
Damn, mind you, the books are way better than the films!

They are, although they are still only for kids...

I know, I know, what ever happened to the generation of the novel *sigh* :lol:

Not sure If anyone has mentioned it, but Star Wars: Clone Wars is in cinemas today... Not really interested in it, but it was just on the tele... :roll:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Meh, Star Wars is such a yawn. Clone Wars is just another way to get the younger generation into geeky Star Wars so they can get a bit more cash.

*I know somebody is going to say 'but it was already a tv show', but over here in the UK, were not fat geeks :p*

Lain

Giga Poster
I saw The Dark Knight yesterday, and WALL-E today.

The Dark Knight was very good, but I still feel it's massively overrated and doesn't deserve the amount of praise it's getting. I agree with furie that Ledger only stands out because everybody else is so grey and boring!

I did enjoy it though, and I'll still give it 9/10.

WALL-E, on the other hand, I was massively surprised by. It's the best Pixar effort thus far, and I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a film that much. Presto was awesome, too, and I'd be inclined to say that it's the best short film Pixar has made.

Also, the soundtrack was fudging awesome!

I think it was better than The Dark Knight, but I don't quite feel it deserves a 10, so it can have a very strong 9/10.

A

Anonymous

As a huge fan of Adam Sandler, I decided to go watch 'Don't mess with the Zohan' last night.

This definately was not the side splitting laughter I was hoping for, I'm suprised Adam Sandler could make such a ****e movie.

I have to admit I smirked slightly in very small doses.. I think the kids in the cinema were laughing more than anyone else with the foot uppercut ****.

The Zohan movie is so disappointing; all the funny -- if really -- scenes are pickled in the trailer.

Dont mess with the zohan.. I say Don't watch the ****ing Zohan.

My rating: 2 out of 10 ..
Some adult humour.. but definately not enough

Next trip to the sticky cinema will be to watch tropical Thunder :)

A

Anonymous

Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, Little Nicky, Longest Yard, 51st Dates, The Wedding Singer, Waterboy, Mr. Deeds, all films I still refer to and chuckle at!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Agreed. Billy Maddison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy and Waterboy are his best. His recent efforts have been a bit below par.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I just watched Anchorman.

Talladega Nights was a huge let-down, but I had heard more positive reviews of Anchorman so I gave it a go.

Much better than Talladega Nights, but not the best. There were a few scenes that did crack me up, particularly "Tits Magee", Ron wailing in the phone box and most of Steve Carell's lines. Anyway, the story was much better and enjoyable, and certainly one of the funniest films I've seen recently. Although I would've liked to have seen Steve Carell a bit more often, he was just as funny as Will Ferrell if not more.

8/10.

mrclam

Giga Poster
collette-ski said:
As a huge fan of Adam Sandler, I decided to go watch 'Don't mess with the Zohan' last night.

Whereas i admit it wasnt the best thing i'd ever seen.. i managed to switch my brain off long enough to enjoy it.

In saying that - In comparison to pretty much ANY Will Ferrel movie (inc Anchorman) - it's the funniest thing i've ever seen

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I watched Manhunter the other night (again).

Overall, the film is badly scripted, badly acted, badly produced and badly directed - but I love it. I love the fact it's flawed, I love the character it gives the film in this age of pixel perfection. I love the way it plays like a music video. I love the odd bits were it actually DOES get it right. I love the fact it's stuck in 1986 forever. I love Shriekback, The Reds and Iron Butterfly doing the soundtrack (Coelacanth playing over the tiger scene is gorgeous). I love Brian Cox as Lecktor. I love the fact that despite everything, it's still a more enjoyable film than Red Dragon!

Rubbish film, I love it! :)

Not quite a film, but I dug out some old videos over the weekend (along with my Adrian Mole book). Top of the list for Minor_Furie to watch was The Young Ones. One of the best 80's comedies ever. It's just anarchy, but superbly done. We just don't get comedy like it anymore. It's adult themed, but purile - so it's perfect for the teen market and those who haven't grown up. It's simple, unadulterated, childish laughs from the gut. No clever witicisms, no intelligent scripting. Just stupid prat falls and the odd bit of surrealism. All wonderfully brought together with a superb cast.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcoWdrerLdU&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ_f9nO3zwI&feature=related[/youtube]