Ollie

CF Legend
Just bought:
Resident Evil
Dodgeball
Keeping Mum
Blair Witch Project
Happy Gilmore
& an I'm a celebrity get me out of here dvd game.

All for £10. :p

So yeah, I'll write reviews as and when I watch them. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
I haven't seen Dodgeball yet.
I just watched Happy Gilmore. Third time I've watched it, and I've seen it twice in a fortnight. :p

Still love it. Makes me laugh, and I really like the scene with the mini golf and the clown. :D
8.6/10

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Not reviewed anything for ages! Better catch up: -

The Dark Knight: I was impressed, yes it has too much crammed into it, and sidelines Batman somewhat, but it's a quality film (irrespective of Ledger's death). 8.5/10

Wall-E: The first act (up to the Axiom) was magnificent, just stunning. But once humans make an appearance the tone changes and doesn't work as well for me. Hugely ambitious though and they nearly pull it off. 9/10

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Shockingly bad script and some equally bad acting, but it's an absolute effects fest! So it'll keep the eye entertained if not the brain. I hope they'll stop now though. 5.5/10

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
: Wow! Vast improvement on the first film, great character work, stunning visuals, some fantastic humour as well. It's still not perfect, the ending is a bit unsatisfying, but great stuff nonetheless. 8.5/10

furie said:
I watched Manhunter the other night (again).

Overall, the film is badly scripted, badly acted, badly produced and badly directed - but I love it.
Harsh - Denis Farina is brilliant as Crawford, far better than Scott Glenn ever was, and it has a great atmosphere. The remake though...rubbish!

Dodgeball and Happy are the only ones worth watching.

No way! Dodgeball was okay, but seriously, the plot was so predictable and it was just so boring the second time around. As for Happy Gilmore, I don't know because I haven't seen it, but in my opinion, out of the movies in Ollie's list, I'd say Blair Witch Project > Dodgeball.

Snoo

The Legend
Taylor, what movies plot isn't predictable? 95% of movies created you could guess what would happen after watching for 20 minutes.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Er, badly written ones. If they're written well enough, even the most clichéd story can work spectacularly. See: Sunshine.

The Presige is a fine example of having no idea what's around the next corner.

Snoo, what the hell kind of movies do you watch? XD

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
Scroll back a few pages. :p

Don't bother Plod! "People shoot other people" about sums it up! :lol:

I watched Peter Pan last night with Maxi-Minor_Furie. He loved it - totally engrossed all of the way through. He's never sat still for a film right through so utterly enamored. He did the same again watching it today - just lost in the film. Big thumbs up to Disney on that one for catching their target audience then! :)

I enjoyed it, but it's not my favourite by a long shot :)

Tonight I watched Riding the Bullet. It was Stephen King. It was badly acted. It was badly prod... Actually, no, it quite well produced... At least it was badly direct... Nope, well directed as well. Bugger.

It was a poor bit of script, ham fisted as King's work always seems to be. Over sentimental what not on the edge of a film which constantly is almost good. I'll bet the book was! :lol:

Still, it has some superb scenes here and there, but it was twoddle generally. Had a coaster in it, which means it can have 6/10 :)

Ben

CF Legend
I just watched Grease for the first time since I was about 10, and the only thing I could think for the whole thing was "Dear God, I hope Olivia Newton-John apologised to the Australian nation for talking like that".

Oh, and "man, this didn't age well".

I never really liked it though, the music's just blegh to me, and have that in a musical, and you've instantly lost.

Ben, I agree with you about Grease; it's actually one of my least favourite musicals. No, I haven't seen it in real life, but as for movies and everything, the music just isn't my favourite and neither is the storyline. It's okay, worth maybe a six and a half outta ten, or maybe a seven, but not as good as like, Sweeney Todd<3> Dodgeball.

Ollie

CF Legend
Dodgeball:
It was okay. Laughed at a few bits and thought it was worth watching. But everything seemed to happen to quickly and the film as a whole didn't seem to satisfy me. :p
7.5/10

Alvin and the Chipmunks:
My mum got this for my little sister, who has now watched it so many times the past few days, knows it word for word. I enjoyed it in the cinema, so I sat down and watched it again. It was still good as there were a few jokes and bits that I missed the first time round as people were still laughing at the bits before. It's a fun film and the songs are really funky. :p
8/10

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Okay, all I have to say is WHAT THE HELL?! This was seriously the most random, retarded movie I have ever seen. But, I did like it. It was the cheesiest, weirdest, but I guess that is what made it an enjoyable film; at least you know it wasn't trying to be serious and failing miserably. The songs were okay, nothing I'm gonna go out and download I don't think, but it was worth six or seven bucks or however much it cost to buy.

7/10

Snoo

The Legend
Mars Attacks!

Wow.. I hadn't seen this stupid movie in ages, but I forgot how dumb it was and my girlfriend forced me to watch it. Ew.

Some funny bits, and it was mildly entertaining.. but of course, we all knew what was going to happen in the end.

6/10

The Perfect Storm

I got this for my birthday and surprisingly I had never seen it prior to today! I didn't expect that much because I'm not a huge fan of disaster movies, but it was actually really good! I liked a lot of the characters, and I really felt for them and wanted them to live. When they were almost out of the storm before they hit the giant wave I was like wow they all survived, what a shocker! And then bam, they're all dead, so that was nuts.

Overall I'd give it a 8/10

Ben

CF Legend
Tay, you're opinion on Rocky Horror is a massive fail.

It's clearly the best film ever made.

You just didn't appreciate it properly. Yeah.