What's new

"Now Showing"

Well I was completely blown away...Taylor, your wrong....again.

I never said it was bad, and you can't call an opinion wrong. I just said that a lot of people will probably be disappointed since it has been hyped up so much! It was still a really cute movie though.

The short before the film was also excellent, Presto. It was an absolute classic, very entertaining. I wanna see it again

I LOVED Presto! It's one of my favourite short films aside from the ones with the birds on the wire.

Its also a very very emotional film, the whole cinema was nearly in tears towards the end of the film.

I know, there was like, two parts that I came so close to crying at!

Nevertheless, it's still one of the best films I've seen for a while.

You say that about like, every movie you watch :p

madhjsp

Giga Poster
The Dark Knight

Saw it twice the day it came out, it really was that good.
Right up there with Fight Club among my favorites. Christian Bale and Aaron Eckhart are great, and Heath Ledger gives a spectacular performance as the Joker... now one of my favorite characters in any movie I have seen.

SnooSnoo said:
10/10. Simple as. I can't wait to see it again.
sums it up neatly.

Snoo

The Legend
The Kingdom

8/10

Well, it wasn't what I thought, but it does give some insight into how the Saudi's truly feel about Americans.. but it also shows how people can learn to trust one another, irregardless of race/religion/country.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I saw Wall-e on Friday after a failed attempt to get into Donkey Punch (which I am very intruiged by). It was a strange one to be honest. I enjoyed it, but I think that's because i was enjoying the animation and stuff rather thna the storyline, which didn't seem to be that strong throughout. Lack of dialogue also made it a bit harder to watch. Like I say, it was good, but not as good as previous Pixar movies, I felt it lacked something.

6/10

^ I agree, Jordan. For a movie with so little dialogue, I'm surprised it is doing so well. To be honest I thought the storyline was a little week too, but overall I thought Wall-E and the other characters were just super cute, which made up for any lack of plot.

I watched Funny Games U.S. today, which I think is a U.S. remake of another movie made somewhere else. It was actually pretty decent, minus a big dry spot about two third into the movie where all they were doing was trying to dry off a cell phone with a blow dryer for half an hour. Otherwise though, the film shows how psychotic and messed up some people can be, and doesn't have a typical "happy ending" like most horror movies, and movies in general, have today.

7/10

Snoo

The Legend
The Dark Knight

Saw it again.. 10/10.. I loved it just as much and could appreciate everything a little more as I could take in all aspects of the movie.

peep

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:

I only see good films :p Although tbh I don't post about every movie I watch. This year we are also seeing some of the best movies for years, hardly any sequels in sight too, which I think is great (I know there are a few but compared to last year its nothing). I also re-read your first post on the film and I kinda take back about you being wrong, but your wrong that it shouldn't be doing well on imdb (even though everyone knows to only take it with a pinch of salt).

Last night I saw Mama Mia. It was better than expected (I love Abba music so I was guaranteed to at least enjoy it) and it was highly amusing. My friend now says that Julie Walters is a comedy genius but thats going a bit too far, she has her fair share of amusing moments though. Pierce Brosnan was a bit random as he couldn't sing but I suppose it added another funny segment or two to the film. I thought the lead girl would really annoy me but somehow she didn't and I thought the similarities between her and her mother and their friends was quite fun. You could tell it was a first time director though as some of it was made really badly but the performances were good and the story was nice. Overall it was just good fun (apart from the guy in front of us bloody singing along). Rating :3/5

ryan462

Hyper Poster
last night I saw Wall-E which was really good but it did not live up to my expectations for some reason. Probably because I had heard so many amazing reveiws for It I suspected something unbelievable.....

8.5/10 for me

Johnny

Hyper Poster
peep said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I only see good films :p
She was referring to me, but never mind :).

The last few films I've watched have been ones I've chosen specifically because of their high ratings I've seen, so it is a bit coincidential that I've loved most of the recent films I've seen, but still.

No Country's storyline and direction was just amazing, I loved it. The bad guy's character was just awesome and so unique. The fact that he wouldn't stop at anything really made it gripping.

I dunno whether I prefer it to There Will Be Blood, as I saw both back to back (I've seen TWBB before in the cinema), but both, as I said before, are two of the best films I've ever seen :p.

By the way, I know I looked at WALL-E's rating on IMDB, but The Dark Knight; Wow -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

With that many votes, chances are that it'll stay there.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
The Dark Knight

10/10

This movie was sick!
Heath Ledger totally made this move. He made a sick joker!
Too bad he's dead now. :(

Snoo

The Legend
Well, you've gotten 3 positive reviews on here, and positive reviews all across the internet.. I think it could be worth it.

Even if you don't like it, you'll like Ledgers Joker.

Smithy

Strata Poster
F.A.S.T. said:
The Dark Knight

10/10

This movie was sick!
Keith Leger totally made this move. He made a sick joker!
Too bad he's dead now. :(

facepalm.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
^Keith Ledger is a middle aged single peg leg from New York with a lisp.

Heath Ledger is the now famous actor who played a fantastic part in one of the most popular movies of this decade.. and that's just opening weekend.

That's why its important.

:p

Smithy

Strata Poster
Lol Ben.

But yes, how on Earth you could watch the film and think he's called Keith Leger is beyond me. Especially considering the amount of hype he's had around the film...