What's new

New Wanda Parks (Intamin Layout & Dueling Tilt Coasters?)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: New Wanda Parks (Intamin Layout & Dueling Tilt Coasters?

I admit its an odd one but it is from a press release stating its the Intamin Ultra High Coaster for Nanchang and well theres only one Intamin going there.
http://rcdb.com/9863.htm

The turn at the top of the list isn't that unprecedented. Look at the bigger B&M dive coasters which for no real reason all other than space have one.

andrus

Giga Poster

Martyn B said:
That layout above certainly doesn't scream 250ft coaster to me, more like 100ft.

I mean, a 250ft turn-around before the first drop? Thats gotta be costly!
All of the prefabs got this turnaround. And Colossos is 200 feet so I guess it wouldn't be impossible for Intamin to construct something slightly taller. Also, by looking at the layout it seems like the coaster is constructed on a hillside, meaning that it's probably just the drop that will be 250 feet.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Yes, I am in agreement with the fact that I think the "250ft" will just be the drop and nothing more, using the hight elevation difference to achieve this.

HZGarfield

Roller Poster

Lofty said:
What the flying ****?

I made a small clip with NL2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6A2ZqInBeU[/youtube]

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I'm a bit confused, will this Intamin be the project that was rumored to be a tall launch coaster, or will that also happen, or is it just the hyper?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

_koppen said:
I'm a bit confused, will this Intamin be the project that was rumored to be a tall launch coaster, or will that also happen, or is it just the hyper?

It's all a bit confusing. But it looks like the Mega is going to Nanchang and as Wanda just posted this on their page for the Wuxi Project (yes yet another one) They could be getting the launched.

b5eb3b2cgw1egb8yn5t14j20fi0bw40n.jpg

20140208045638885.jpg

But this is concept art and things seem a little confusing. I'll let you know when it sorts itself out.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

On a separate note the Harbin park has plans for a Blue Fire clone that launches out of a beer bottle. (Champagne would make more sense to me)

20140421022551187.jpg

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Planned Wanda Coasters (Flyer, Intamin & Premier Launche

roomraider said:
Nanchang-Intamin.jpg

Wanda have released this for the new Intamin coaster at their Nanchang Park. Wanda lists the ride as being the tallest in China which means it has to beat the 250ft of Dinoconda at China Dinosaur park. However RCDB currently lists the ride as 242.8 ft so only time will tell.

Source: VH Coasters

A new angle of the Intamin layout has been posted to coasterfriends.de

It's great finally seeing another Intamin Mega getting build.

323894d1417986454-2015-neuheit-wanda-city-theme-park-neuer-park-nanchang-china-8ff81b4c510fd9f918557837262dd42a2834a42a.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Here's a great photo!

Looks like there is a stengel dive in there =D>
wandaintamin2.jpg

Source

Shadow17

Roller Poster

Hey, long time lurker, but this is my first post :--D That definitely looks like an I305 clone!

Ben

CF Legend

Sorry if I've missed it but do we know if this is a normal Hyper or a Skyrush seat style Hyper?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Not sure yet I'm afraid Ben.

The pictures of I305 are what ended up as the Intamin above. Gonna be a cool coaster though. Love the slow panoramic turn before the drop.

andrus

Giga Poster

Am I the only one still thinking this might be a woodie? The long straight section of track after the train has crested the lift hill is present on all of the prefabs (probably due to some technical restriction that has to do with the long trains). Yet none of the regular Intamin hypers have this feature. The layout shown in the layout seems rather "regular" too; plenty of airtime hills, normal overbanks and no advanced elements.

I'll be happy no matter what; Skyrush is my favorite coaster overall, but it would be nice to see another prefab being built too! :--D

Ben

CF Legend

I don't know, the Stengel dive and over banks just scream Skyrush style Hyper to me.

It's weird, everything up to the bottom of the drop says woodie, everything after steel.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Considering the same park is getting a massive GCI i very much doubt it would be a wood coaster. :p

It is definitely a steel either way as the footers are down already and you can tell.

The location for the Intamin is on top of a hill and that part is labeled as a panoramic turn. So i guess the idea is to get a bit of the view before the drop.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

roomraider said:
that part is labeled as a panoramic turn. So i guess the idea is to get a bit of the view before the drop.

I actually really like that concept!

andrus

Giga Poster

roomraider said:
Considering the same park is getting a massive GCI i very much doubt it would be a wood coaster. :p

It is definitely a steel either way as the footers are down already and you can tell.

The location for the Intamin is on top of a hill and that part is labeled as a panoramic turn. So i guess the idea is to get a bit of the view before the drop.
Ok, if the footers are already poured I'm convinced too! I just wasn't buying the whole "they already got a wooden coaster so they cannot build another one" argument.

Do you have the link to the picture showing the footers? It would be very nice to actually see the terrain of the site :)