What's new

New Wanda Parks (Intamin Layout & Dueling Tilt Coasters?)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The Wanda Group has been making waves recently with a number of announcements about their up and coming parks in China. Viper the huge GCI is going to their park in Nanchang

The latest announcement is the purchase of a B&M flying coaster for Wanda Theme Park in Xishuangbanna.

Theres no real information, just that theyve signed the contract for it. Worth keeping an eye on though :)

BMCHINA.jpg

This picture is on the News Article... Not entirely sure why.

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
Re: B&M Flyer for Wanda Xishuangbanna, China

I would love it to be a lot, like that Starry sky ripper coaster, because it looks insane, and they really do, need more coasters, that are like that one.

Lofty

CF Legend

Ooh, I Wanda what the layout is going to be? ;)

BBH

Giga Poster

I agree that something as imaginative as Starry Sky Ripper would be fantastic, the ride looks like B&M were shown a picture of a Flying Dutchman and made it more intense with a better sequence of elements.

The Wanda Group, for those that don't already know, own the AMC Theatres chain in North America and are new players in the theme park industry, but they're certainly making a grand entrance to the world of park management. With such a large footing already under them, they have a lot to fall back on if the parks fail, which I don't presume will happen.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Lofty said:
Ooh, I Wanda what the layout is going to be? ;)

Anyway, hopefully it'll have a vertical loop like the Starry Ripper Night Sky ride thing.

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster

good to know that B&M is still willing to make flyers and that they're not "out of date" Now all we need is for more parks to sign a contract to install more B&M flyers at their parks...

andrus

Giga Poster

^If I remember correct, TPR asked Walter at IAPAA what coaster model B&M want to build more of, and Walter answered flyers. The problem isn't B&M, it's the parks that (generally) do not want to buy flyers. From a park stand point it's understandable though. Who would want a tad more expensive coaster, that has a tad lower capacity and is a tad more complicated to maintain when you can get other B&M models which are equally marketable?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

TPR said Starry Sky Ripper almost reached "old school" B&M forces, and was a really awesome ride. If a group that is so well known for bashing B&M's said that, then there might be some real potential for this ride, if ever built.

Ben

CF Legend

TPR says it's good so it's good?

Sorry, what?

It's good because it's good not because Alvey says so.

I'm sure this will be awesome too, Flyers now are so good. Wanda is a fab name, I hope Jamie Lee Curtis opens it <3

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

TPR probably said it was good to sell trips, because they like whatever most people haven't been on and because "they are tired of US parks."

It may be the best coaster on earth, I still don't trust their reviews.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

For once TPR are actually correct in my opinion. Sky Ripper is one of my fav rides. Up there with Nemesis for my fav B&Ms. Obviously others will have different opinions but it is a damn good ride.

But on the subject of this new one some concept art for the park. No flyer but we all know concept art is never exactly accurate.

20130729121612772.jpg

20130729122135455.jpg

20130717023731853.jpg

20130729121612192.jpg

Some concept art for the park. No flyer but they are never accurate.

Source: http://www.wanda-cti.com/2013/xishuangb ... 11/12.html

andrus

Giga Poster

I like the Italian flag colour scheme on the drop tower!

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Since when did Italy have blue and purple in their flag? Haha

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

I forgot how much i enjoy a good trawl through Chinese sites :p

A bit of digging finds the image below on the Qiguang Group website under a link for the Xishuangbanna International Resort project.

The Qiguang Group have been responsible for the construction of several rides in China including last years Intamin fly rider at Victory Kingdom and the S&S 4D at China Dinosaur Park so its not a stretch to think they may be involved here (if only in ride construction). Look closely and you can see the Wanda logo in the background.

Wandafly.jpg

Source: http://vhcoasters.com/

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: B&M Flyer for Wanda Xishuangbanna, China (With layout)

^^Don't get me wrong - I appreciate you starting topics and posting info you find on CoasterForce, but should you really be listing your own website as the source? I think it's fine to link your website to help drive traffic there from CF, but I'm not sure labeling it as the source is accurate. You have the actual source links for your first and last post on your website, so perhaps you can say: "A link to the source can be found here" instead? Maybe I'm just being too picky, but I expect to go to the actual source when clicking on a link that says "Source".

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Um, that bottom picture (previous page)...

Did they buy a copy of the Nurburgring coaster?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

rollermonkey said:
Um, that bottom picture (previous page)...

Did they buy a copy of the Nurburgring coaster?
I doubt it. Just poor Concept art. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Motorbike Rip Off though.

ECG said:
^^Don't get me wrong - I appreciate you starting topics and posting info you find on CoasterForce, but should you really be listing your own website as the source? I think it's fine to link your website to help drive traffic there from CF, but I'm not sure labeling it as the source is accurate. You have the actual source links for your first and last post on your website, so perhaps you can say: "A link to the source can be found here" instead? Maybe I'm just being too picky, but I expect to go to the actual source when clicking on a link that says "Source".

I see your point and I often do the Gawker based system of "Source via Source" but i guess I didnt here but there are reasons I don't. For example many stories take news or pictures from loads of different sources. Seems pointless to constantly link to 10 different forums and news sites. I also rarely post all the pictures on here so there are often more on the link.
Secondly I guess i think I put the effort in to find these and it takes a lot of time and effort. So expecting someone to make an extra mouse click isn't too much to ask.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

The park has announced they will be building an Intamin Water Coaster (DiVertical) and a Zamperla Pony Express coaster as well.

Construction of the park is under way.

WantaInt.jpg