What's new

New rides @ small parks

Will

Strata Poster
^
Indeed - a lot of us tacked that onto the day after the Blackpool Live in 2011 - I think Greenwood even put out a notice board for us and one member was guest of honour in the kids' magic show :D

I'd have liked to grab the cred in Prestatyn, but it's one of those particularly irksome creds that's for resort guests only (I don't know why this is a thing, they're basically turning away easy money from people driving past!), and I'm damned if I'm paying £160 per night for a caravan in PRESTATYN!!!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Travelled down to Flamingo Park today for the new Pinball X but it was closed. Bit gutted but got a +1 on the caterpillar.

I've had terrible luck with spinning mouses the last year. Been spited by 3 (Hastings, Skegness, Crealy) and only ridden the one in Blackpool South Pier. 75% spite rate.
af6aca2afe49baf8d803ad628c0f228f.jpg

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Travelled down to Flamingo Park today for the new Pinball X but it was closed. Bit gutted but got a +1 on the caterpillar.

I've had terrible luck with spinning mouses the last year. Been spited by 3 (Hastings, Skegness, Crealy) and only ridden the one in Blackpool South Pier. 75% spite rate.
af6aca2afe49baf8d803ad628c0f228f.jpg
Think I read somewhere it's only open at weekends. I'm guessing it might open for the school holidays though.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Think I read somewhere it's only open at weekends. I'm guessing it might open for the school holidays though.
Makes sense, half the park was closed off which made it clear it wasn't for maintenance reasons. Flamingo Park was dead but it's mid July and Hastings was bustling, I do wonder how long they'll be able to hold onto a coaster as big as Pinball X if they're not opening it all year. Place will probably be rammed from next week though.

Ghost train was the ride highlight of the day, lots of air blasts and a few jumpy animatronics. Got bonus ghost train points for having to be physically pushed into the building by the operator which I like the jankiness of. Staying in Hastings a few days in the caravan and it's lovely here, rode up the funicular railway and had a walk along the cliff tops too today. There's also a Go Gater on the pier but I didn't ride as I don't count it.

Will

Strata Poster
Hmm, I'll obviously have to be careful with that one - it'd be a 500mile round trip for me, so pissed off would be an understatement.

Did you manage to get the Go-Gator?

[Ah, new posts since my last visit. Ignore me :) ]

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The Volare model to the left is BSA's new Volare model as well which should be interesting 😂
I'm torn. Either this will be an improvement on Zamperla’s Volare, because one could hardly imagine anybody making a worse coaster than that, or the awfulness of Zamperla, the Volare design, and BSA's track record will combine to form a death machine.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
There’s a new +1 at Llandudno Pier. I missed it being made official on RCDB and Coaster-Count, probs cos I was in Covid Jail and completely out of it.

But I’ve been released now, so obvs I went down and got it this afternoon.
That background is a ****ing copyright claim morphed into a wall.

UP87

Mega Poster
Really nice log flume. There are obviously some spots where some walls and theming would help with the immersion but that might be something that'll happen in the future. I think some fountains would help in the first part. That feels a bit slow. But in general it looks really good!

emoo

Hyper Poster
About time, makes it worth visiting at last. Had hoped to combine with a beach visit on a sunny day so a shame it missed the summer. But some spooky stuff will give me a chuckle while drinking on the beach in the rain and cold 😎.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
About time, makes it worth visiting at last. Had hoped to combine with a beach visit on a sunny day so a shame it missed the summer. But some spooky stuff will give me a chuckle while drinking on the beach in the rain and cold 😎.

A zl42 "worth visiting"?? have you lost your mind?

emoo

Hyper Poster
A little, but this is now a viable day out. Wouldn't have gone out of my way for just the smaller rides, even if it is a cheap enough train ticket.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Ai Pioppi is building another coaster for 2022, which means that they'll now have 6 home built coasters (one of which that will probably never open) in that little wooded area. Crazy!

I only managed to find this photo on Instagram (the rest of the post seemed rather private, so I'm not linking it here).

Screenshot_20211012_094453_com.android.chrome_edit_305671018043461.jpg

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Wasn't really sure where to post this so this seemed like the proper topic...
Orlando's other SlingShot ride that's also currently under construction over at Sunset Walk on 192 was doing some test cycles while I was over there to shop at Target. (So....now Metro Orlando has 4 permanent SlingShot locations, that's gotta be a record of some sort haha)

It's also worth noting the people who own this one also own the others in the area, as seen on the van parked in front advertising theTallest Drop Tower.