What's new

New rides @ small parks

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It still keeps amazing me that despite having gone bankrupt almost two decades ago, Pinfari remains the company behind so many coaster builds in the UK year after year. 12 Pinfari coasters* have been built in the UK since 2011, that's more than Mack, Vekoma, Intamin, B&M, S&S, Premier, GCI, GravityGroup, Gerstlauer, Zierer, and RMC put together.

*Let's be honest, this counts at least one of them twice as it was relocated during that period, and none of them were originally manufactured after 2003. Still, though ...

Niles

Pinfari remains the company behind so many coaster builds in the UK year after year.
I thought I had been on quite a few in the UK but looking at RCDB we as a country "love" Pinfari. They have more operating coasters than any other manufacture in the UK, also out of 89 existing Pinfari's around the world 22 of them are in the UK with brazil in 2nd with 9 and the USA in 3rd with 8. I'm intrigued as to why they do so well here, I guess its perfect for all the small parks we have and they were the SBF of their day being a cheap addition.

Dar

Hmm, I wonder how common digging a massive hole, creating each footer as a standalone column, and then filling round the footers is versus digging individual holes for each footer to be poured in?

And what are the pros and cons of each?