What's new

New ride for London Dungeons

Ben

CF Legend
gavin said:
So the guns let you shoot stuff in basically the same way as the steering wheels on those antique car things let kids actually drive?

**** ing lame.

Thanks for reading it babes <3

And yeah, they do less than nothing. Which is really, really rather... pointless. At least Antique Cars aren't advertised as being controlled by you, whilst the guns here play a huge part in the advertising... STUPID.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*Apparently* the guns are working correctly now, but they admit it wasn't up to full scratch for the media event.

Yeah, there was a bit of email tennis regarding Ben's report, but we'd rather deliver a proper report of the day than have brown tongue.

Ben

CF Legend
Ian said:
Yeah, there was a bit of email tennis regarding Ben's report, but we'd rather deliver a proper report of the day than have brown tongue.

There wasss...?

What did I miss in Finland, lol?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Nothing much. He wanted the report to be edited to say that the ride is now fully operational, to which I agreed to add a footnote without changing your report. Then he told me to hang fire so he could check it was fully working. Then he said it was best not to change it.

Also, I did forward you an email the other day (to your uni account) asking for media day feedback. Did you fill that in?

Ben

CF Legend
^I've just done it, been busy ever since the actual event really with Finland and stuff. They're probably beyond caring now, but, meh :p

With the guns working I could see it being much, much better. Maybe I'll go back and try it again... Maybe they'll offer me tickets if they read this ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ They offered me tickets when I'm next in Laaandon (not that I need it with an AP), but I'm sure if you dropped them an email asking to if you could return to report on the working guns, they'd let you.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I'm not sure working guns will improve the experience much. The footage will still be low resolution and tacky and there'll still be only two screens at opposite ends with large black walls in between! The ride is just a disappointment compared to the rest of the Dungeon's immersive environment, as a ride on it's own it'd be worth a couple of quid at a funfair.

Ollie

CF Legend
Maddie went in last Saturday to try it out and apparently the guns still don't work. Got a reply from
The dungeons today though.

There is still some more work to be completed on the guns on Vengeance. We are currently in a phase of 'test and adjust' to ensure we get the best effect, we are adding more and more effects to the ride to increase rider interactivity. Thank you for the suggestion of adding a scoring system, I have passed this feedback onto our creative team.

I doubt they actually do anything and we won't see any changes although we can hope that they will and the changes will be noticeable.