What's new

New ride for London Dungeons

Ollie

CF Legend
It will most likely have to replace a scene as I don't think they have anymore room to expand. They already had to get rid of the cafe to fit Extremis on the end.
Usually though they replace older scenes or ones that aren't that good so it just helps make the attraction better overall.

Ben

CF Legend
This sounds really quite cool... I can just see it being spitefully short unless they've bought an adjacent property somewhere...? Couldn't think where though, or evne IF there is one, cause that area is pretty full with the station, a night club, surronding attractions...

peep

CF Legend
It'll only take up a room Ben, probably the same sort of size as the Jack the Ripper room, hence concern as to what it might replace.

marc

CF Legend
After going there last year I think they could replace a good number of scenes.

The main one that comes to mind is Jack the Ripper or the one near the end that I cannot even remember as it was that bad.

For me the Dungens is not a patch on what it was when I was 15 lol. I hope this new attraction improves it, I think I am about the only person who liked the drop tower.

Lofty

CF Legend
You're not Marc. Extremis is by far one of the best drop towers I've ridden. I haven't been on the London one, but I have been on the Edinburgh one.

In my opinion, it's great that they're adding these types of "Rides" into The Dungeons. They're making it more and more an indoor "Theme Park" rather then just a touring attraction. All in all, they're great Attractions, nobody can doubt that at all. I just hope this new investment pays off!

Ben

CF Legend
So it'll be one 3D screen and be about 3 feet long... How crappy...

And Marc... Everyone loves Extremis haha <3

peep

CF Legend
Well I suppose it depends, it could either be what you're hoping for or be what Ollie posted on the previous page. I suppose no one knows so we'll just have to wait a bit longer to find out.

Martyn B

CF Legend
This does sound quite good, and I like the graphic. I cant quite see the 'victorian' atmosphere and lasers mixing well though.

Ollie

CF Legend
On their Facebook page.
Vengeance, our new 5D feature will open to the public on the 28th May. Vengeance is set in Victorian London at 50 Berkeley Square, alleged to be the most haunted house in London at the time...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I still can't see myself going back - twice is enough, and the second time I went I was bored as hell.

I have not much else to add other than Extremis was worth the 2 hours I queued second time around plus the hour and a half it took to go around the Dungeons. It is simply the best drop tower ride in the UK by far.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mini 4D Cinema with guns then.

Excuse me if I'm not rushing to book tickets.

Lofty

CF Legend
gavin said:
Mini 4D Cinema with guns then.

Excuse me if I'm not rushing to book tickets.

That can rotate pretty quickly? To be fair, this ride type (Alterface 'The House') is pretty unique..

herbinator

Mega Poster
It may be unique but will that really add anything?

Does the spinning make it an unmissable experience; I'm still not thinking it will add to what the dungeons already have, although the cinema area might be a good move for them, I don't think this is.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's going to add a newer experience, yes. I mean do you ride a spinning shooting ride now? No.

When it comes down to it. It's a good investment. It's going to get them some good PR, not just in the Uk, but overseas also. I don't know if you know this but, The Dungeons, is a kind of franchise. They are all individual businesses only owned by the same parent company (Merlin). So, this year, they've basically blown the other Dungeons out of the water in terms of adding something that's going to get noticed.

Edinburgh have added "Sawney Bean: Cave of the Cannibals" which is the boat ride re-themed and the next scene also re-themed. York are re-theming an area to a Gladiator scene. Then you have London, who are actually ADDING something new. It's only good in my opinion...

T0M

Hyper Poster
Well I've never been to Edinburgh but I have been to York twice and on my most recent visit, I'd have to say it seems tired and neglected. I'm sure the Castle and new Blackpool Dungeons are also/are also going to be quality so it's time York had a nod.

herbinator

Mega Poster
^^the spinning shooting element isn't far from ride like tomb blaster and I feel that those kinds of rides offer a better experience than this. On the other hand though it Is different from the walk throughs and extremis so will draw in the crowds and be great for advertising, but will it live up to the advertising it will create; definatly not for everyone.

Does anyone else think that this comes across as aimed a younger children (6-9)? If they get rid of some of the more 'scary' scenes they may lose some of the teen Market. Isn't that bad move considering how mant foreign exchane students use it?
I don't know mush about business, so sorry if I'm just chatting grease.

Lofty

CF Legend
Tom G said:
Well I've never been to Edinburgh but I have been to York twice and on my most recent visit, I'd have to say it seems tired and neglected. I'm sure the Castle and new Blackpool Dungeons are also/are also going to be quality so it's time York had a nod.

York can't add any 'Rides' into their attraction. They could, but the building they use wouldn't allow for it. It's not big enough, they haven't got enough room, also, it's the hight of the rooms etc. It's just not possible.

herbinator said:
^^the spinning shooting element isn't far from ride like tomb blaster and I feel that those kinds of rides offer a better experience than this. On the other hand though it Is different from the walk throughs and extremis so will draw in the crowds and be great for advertising, but will it live up to the advertising it will create; definatly not for everyone.

Does anyone else think that this comes across as aimed a younger children (6-9)? If they get rid of some of the more 'scary' scenes they may lose some of the teen Market. Isn't that bad move considering how mant foreign exchane students use it?
I don't know mush about business, so sorry if I'm just chatting grease.

Yeah, you have a point when it comes to who this will be aimed at. BUT, the one thing you have got to think about is... If this is aimed at a younger market (which, to be honest, I don't think it is), the younger guests have to have some parental guidance and presence to get in. Therefore, they'd be making more money by bringing families in as apposed to just the student market. In this way, I mean, think about this example fora minute. Two children want to go to The Dungeons for a day out. The parents take them as a "Day out together". That's Two adults, Two Children. Compared to, a foreign exchange student going and paying for one adult. If that makes sense. Bad example I know, but I hope you see what I mean?

The Dungeons are going more family orientated now anyway, the Attractions that are opening here in the Uk are all out to see who can scare you ****less quickest, longest and the most. The Dungeons are doing a very clever trick and getting the younger market who can't go to these bigger, scarier and more intense attractions.