• Air

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oblivion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crow

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
By only liking coasters with theming it must mean you find a lot of coasters pointless as not many are themed tbh.

I can find unthemed rides thrilling but overall rather unimaginative. A coaster can be so much more then a steel structure! It can be an exciting adeventure. I don't go to theme parks for the thrill, I go for the atmosphere, the drama, the magical journey through amazing scenery. Theme Parks are great for transporting people to wonderful, fantasy worlds which could not be acheieved any other way.

I've seen and ridden bare coasters which do little more than speed through inversons over concrete. They will just never have the same impact as being thrust around an Alien monster or zooming round Thunder Montain.

A rollercoaster without themeing is like a book without descriptions. They can have a good plot but it could be so much better.

A

Anonymous

:--D Air is kwl

I've already warned you on PM, the next rubbish post from you will result in a simple ban - furie

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Here is where I stand:

1. Nemesis-Nothing else compares
2. Oblivion-Stunning, terrifying, amazing

3. Air-Different, fantastic experience

4. Spinball-Fun, fun, fun

5. RMT-Fun, fun, possibly dangerous fun (I was a week and a day away from being on the crash).

6.Rita-Slow, boring, forceless, weedy, waste of money with no efort or originality. The launch was slow and forceless, the turns took forever, the hills had no airtime or possitive g, it was over too soon, the hills are just the ones on Superman, and it tried to kill me (long story)

Squeesfan

Roller Poster
Nemesis has to be top for me. It is still very smooth despite how long it's been running. Riding at the back of Nemesis is brilliant!

However, for individual rides, Oblivion would be top for me due to it breaking down halfway up on my first ever ride of it! We were only stuck for about 5 minutes, but it really built the adrenaline before the drop.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Blaze said:
6.Rita-Slow, boring, forceless, weedy, waste of money with no efort or originality. The launch was slow and forceless, the turns took forever, the hills had no airtime or possitive g, it was over too soon, the hills are just the ones on Superman, and it tried to kill me (long story)

How can you call one of the fastest accelerating rides in the country slow? Also Rita has the most constant pace of any ride in the UK easily. Also I don't know how you can call that launch forceless or slow. I don't know how you can find any Intamin Rocket coaster (which are all about speed) slow to be honest.

Richie

Hyper Poster
1. Rita
2. Oblivion
3. Nemesis
4. Air

Sometimes 3 and 4 mix a bit because I really don't like either.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Patrick said:
Blaze said:

How can you call one of the fastest accelerating rides in the country slow? Also Rita has the most constant pace of any ride in the UK easily. Also I don't know how you can call that launch forceless or slow. I don't know how you can find any Intamin Rocket coaster (which are all about speed) slow to be honest.

Sorry for having an opinion, but thats what I thought of it. Maybe it has not been working properly when I have riden it, or maybe you feel forces more that I do, but I thought it was pathetic.

Slash

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
Patrick said:
Blaze said:

Sorry for having an opinion, but thats what I thought of it. Maybe it has not been working properly when I have riden it, or maybe you feel forces more that I do, but I thought it was pathetic.

Thats impossible, due to inertia.

No you simply either had a half failed launch when you went on it, or was riding a simulator because no way could you not feel the airtime on that and no way was there no force in the turns and NO WAY was there no speed in the launch.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Slash said:
Blaze said:
Patrick said:
Blaze said:

Thats impossible, due to inertia.

No you simply either had a half failed launch when you went on it, or was riding a simulator because no way could you not feel the airtime on that and no way was there no force in the turns and NO WAY was there no speed in the launch.

Not so, some people are more affected by G-forces than others, but you are probably right, the launch was half-failed.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Blaze said:
Patrick said:
Blaze said:

But your opinion doesn't make any sense! How can you say that an Intamin Rocket coaster (which the whole point of is the speed and acceleration) is slow!

tks

Strata Poster
Rita does have airtime, it's just that you get pulled down so quickly its barely noticeable.

1. Nemesis
2. Air
3. Oblivion
4. Rita

Nemesis... because.

Air, love it. Relaxing, well comfy unlike a certain Intamin ride there..

Oblivion.. The drop lost all effect on me the last time I was there.. I just didn't really get scared.

Rita.. Apart from the neck slicing restraints, bad 60mph transitions and glancing airtime its a great ride.. :roll:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Madame_Furie says:

1. Rita.
2. Oblivion.

All the rest fail :lol:

I don't know why I married her :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
I wouldn't classify Rita as "slow", but depending on the range of coasters someone has ridden it can vary vastly. I haven't been on a great amount of rides but Rita still makes my 4th fastest on my list. If Blaze has been on rides such as Top thrill Dragster, Hypersonic and Steel Dragon (kudos if you have), then maybe he has a valid point for Rita being slow in comparison.

I don't hate Rita I just don't think it's a good ride for the park it's in. Considering that the others are decent gimmicks such as Oblivions drop at its time and Air's flying position, Rita just takes a gimmick done millions of times before and thats it. Well, added a layout thats as if a 3 year old has scribbled it, puts an incy bit of airtime and a brake run. But seriously this is Alton Towers we're talking here! Its unacceptable to waste what could have been a brilliant coaster with that!?

A

Anonymous

ahhh now that uve added Oblivion this time...that 100% wins for me, just a shame its a short ride.
1st - Oblivion! :D
2nd - Nemesis :)
3rd - Air :)
4th - Rita :(

A

Anonymous

Air, Nemesis, Oblivion and Rita

1. Air
2. Oblivion
3. Rita
4. Nemesis

Kebab

Giga Poster
Looking at the poll, Nemesis seems to be the most popular vote; in all fairness that does not surprise a single bit. Air and Rita are left lowest on the poll with minimal votes, I'd choose Air over Rita any day personally; and Oblivion is left hanging in the middle..

Nemesis all the way from me :)