Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Air

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oblivion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I went for Nemesis. Before my last trip i couldn't have decided between it and Oblivion. Unfortunatly, for some reason Oblivion did nothing for me last time i was there. Maybe it was me? i might have been having a super brave day.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Crow said:
A-Kid said:
4) Ritard.

Genius. :lol:

Also... Why isn't spinball on here? Thats ten times better then rita.

Spinball doesn't do ANYTHING, the cars hardly spin and the ride is just completely dull.

Also to all the people saying Rita is rough, I don't know what you're on about. I found it to be competely smooth.

Crow

Mega Poster
Patrick said:
Crow said:
A-Kid said:
4) Ritard.

Genius. :lol:

Also... Why isn't spinball on here? Thats ten times better then rita.

Spinball doesn't do ANYTHING, the cars hardly spin and the ride is just completely dull.

Also to all the people saying Rita is rough, I don't know what you're on about. I found it to be competely smooth.

I know Spinball is not that great but Rita is terrible! Not rough as such but boring, simple, and has a complete lack of themeing and disregard for its surroundings.

The station is rather randomly placed and gives the path a claustrophobic feel, especially when it gets busy. The Ride has no thrill after the launch. Rita has little themeing which consists of some speakers, some banners and chequered flags. It's an american race track through a prehistoric land! I mean what the hell were they thinking?! The name is is way too long for a rollercoaster and Rita is the sort of name you would expect your granny to have not a superspeed racing car.

Rita is one of the worst things to ever have been inflicted on Alton Towers. Second only to the Ropers. Its boring and in my opinion ruins Ug Land.

On the other hand Spinball has excitement which stretches rather evenly throughout the ride and the themeing makes some sort of sense. I would even go as far to say that Rita makes Spinball that bloody marvelous in comparison.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Crow said:
The station is rather randomly placed and gives the path a claustrophobic feel, especially when it gets busy.

Yeah, but the station doesn't make it a bad ride.

The Ride has no thrill after the launch.

I personally think that the ride is great even after the launch. There are 3 moments of great airtime, unlike Stealth which just completely dies after the launch.

Rita has little themeing which consists of some speakers, some banners and chequered flags.

But that's what a Drag Strip is like! You can't expect Nemesis style themeing on such a simple theme.

It's an american race track through a prehistoric land! I mean what the hell were they thinking?!

That point isn't really valid, considering Rita is going to be integrated into Cloud Cuckoo Land just for this season and after that the area will be rethemed.

The name is is way too long for a rollercoaster and Rita is the sort of name you would expect your granny to have not a superspeed racing car.

It is a terrible name, I personally think that they should have called it Thunder Rock Rally. But it doesn't make it a bad ride.

Rita is one of the worst things to ever have been inflicted on Alton Towers. Second only to the Ropers. Its boring and in my opinion ruins Ug Land.

How is it? Just because you don't like it? It's been a huge success for Alton, it has brought guests in and it has become many guests favourite ride quickly. I've even read other non coaster related forums where people have thought that Rita is so awesome that they have had to tell other people to go and ride it.

On the other hand Spinball has excitement which stretches rather evenly throughout the ride and the themeing makes some sort of sense. I would even go as far to say that Rita makes Spinball that bloody marvelous in comparison.

Spinball's only themeing is silver balls laid out across some grass and a generic station. Really makes sense doesn't it?

Crow

Mega Poster
Crow said:
The station is rather randomly placed and gives the path a claustrophobic feel, especially when it gets busy.

Yeah, but the station doesn't make it a bad ride.

Yes, but it does ruin the surrounding area and shows how quickly and badly planned the ride was.

The Ride has no thrill after the launch.

I personally think that the ride is great even after the launch. There are 3 moments of great airtime, unlike Stealth which just completely dies after the launch.

I've never felt air time on Rita :?

Rita has little themeing which consists of some speakers, some banners and chequered flags.

But that's what a Drag Strip is like! You can't expect Nemesis style themeing on such a simple theme.

A drag strip does not go through a prehistoric land. We should expect good themeing on all rides. The whole drag strip idea is dull and generic anyway. A drag strip might only have speakers, banners and chequered flags, but does that make and interesting ride? In my opinion no. Themeing should always have elements of fantasy to make these reality based themes much more fun and exciting.

It's an american race track through a prehistoric land! I mean what the hell were they thinking?!

That point isn't really valid, considering Rita is going to be integrated into Cloud Cuckoo Land just for this season and after that the area will be rethemed.

It was built in Ugland. Ugland existed when Rita was built. I feel the clash of themes arguement is still valid. Also in what way is a racing theme going to fit with Cloud Cuckoo Land. Its just one clash to another!

The name is is way too long for a rollercoaster and Rita is the sort of name you would expect your granny to have not a superspeed racing car.

It is a terrible name, I personally think that they should have called it Thunder Rock Rally. But it doesn't make it a bad ride.

The name shows once again how badly thought out and rushed this project was. However I agree that Thunder Rock Rally would have been a much better name.

How is it? Just because you don't like it? It's been a huge success for Alton, it has brought guests in and it has become many guests favourite ride quickly. I've even read other non coaster related forums where people have thought that Rita is so awesome that they have had to tell other people to go and ride it.

Well that is my opinion. Reluctantly I have to agree with you though. It has been success for Alton. However nemesis and oblivion were even more of a success. This is down to the amount of intimidating themeing which gives the rides more of an edge. Of course other people's opinion will differ from mine and I respect that but to me the ride is lacking in most aspects and in my top ten worst coasters I've ridden.

Spinball's only themeing is silver balls laid out across some grass and a generic station. Really makes sense doesn't it?

There has been some effort on spinball to be inventive and interesting. I've never particularly like the silver balls but its different and does not clash with anything else unlike Rita's hideous position. And hence makes much more sense.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Would you two just face the fact that both Rita and Spinball are ****!?

Personally I have a more enjoyable ride on Spinball because it actually has a layout, a rather nice and twisted one at that, but it is completely bare of theming and looks incredibly out of place for Alton Towers.

Rita is the total opposite. I can't have an enjoyable ride because of it's roughness and dire/dull layout. It's situated oddly, but Alton was missing a launch; and here it was, a major disappointment.

I'd be a million times happier if they made it more on the lines of Kanonen. But no they just made a launch with a few turns and a break run. Wow....

Slash

Giga Poster
I still don't understand how anyone can say Rita is rough!

Its not!

And it isn't a bad coaster, place it anywhere else in the country (except Thorpe) and everyone would be saying its great.

Oh and the themeing debate, can we give it a rest as the themeing will change next year.

Crow

Mega Poster
Slash said:
I still don't understand how anyone can say Rita is rough!

Its not!

And it isn't a bad coaster, place it anywhere else in the country (except Thorpe) and everyone would be saying its great.

Oh and the themeing debate, can we give it a rest as the themeing will change next year.

It wouldn't care if it was in disney. Rita is just a launch and turns which I find rather boring. I dont find Rita rough just pointless.

I really hope the themeing changes next year but I wouldn't put it past them to have: THE DARK FOREST! Featuring Rita Queen of Speed.

Even if they do change the themeing it won't take away from the fact that the coaster had very little planning or care put into the project when it was first being built. :x

Kebab

Giga Poster
It is rough. Up to the extent of Colossus rough. Place it anywhere I'll still say its unimaginative combined with a boring design. Rita is quite simply the worst Intamin Rocket on the face of this Earth!?

Don't even say the launch is "powerful", as there is practically no difference in power to the other launches out there, maybe because people who say this; have only been on Rita or Stealth. Compared to other launch coasters Rita does not compete.

Ben

CF Legend
^In your opinion.

I happen to think Rita is a fantastic coaster, with a great launch, forceful turns, and great airtime.

So don't post like you're right and everyone else is wrong...

BTW, I'm far from only having been on Rita and Stealth.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Crow said:
Yes, but it does ruin the surrounding area and shows how quickly and badly planned the ride was.

How does it ruin the surrounding area? I personally think that Rita looks great in Ugland. And now that Corkscrew and UG Swinger have gone your point about Rita clashing with their theming isn't really valid.

I've never felt air time on Rita

Well you must have been pinned then. I can clearly feel myself rising from the seat on each hill and into the brake run.

A drag strip does not go through a prehistoric land. We should expect good themeing on all rides. The whole drag strip idea is dull and generic anyway. A drag strip might only have speakers, banners and chequered flags, but does that make and interesting ride? In my opinion no. Themeing should always have elements of fantasy to make these reality based themes much more fun and exciting.

UG Land doesn't exist anymore, so Rita doesn't clash at all. Also just because Rita doesn't have Disney style themeing it doesn't mean the theming is crap. It's a simple theme which is effective in my opinion.

It was built in Ugland. Ugland existed when Rita was built. I feel the clash of themes arguement is still valid. Also in what way is a racing theme going to fit with Cloud Cuckoo Land. Its just one clash to another!

The fact that alton built Rita in UG Land always suggested that Merlin weren't intending on keeping the prehistoric theme in my opinion. Also Rita isn't in the actual CCL area, so it isn't going to matter tbh. It's just what it says on the map.

Kebab said:
I'd be a million times happier if they made it more on the lines of Kanonen. But no they just made a launch with a few turns and a break run. Wow....

Thats pretty funny actually, you're complaining about Rita being rough and dull and now you're saying that you'd rather have a ride that has had reviews stating that the ride is rough and dull!

It is rough. Up to the extent of Colossus rough. Place it anywhere I'll still say its unimaginative combined with a boring design. Rita is quite simply the worst Intamin Rocket on the face of this Earth!?

Why are you stating your opinions as if they are fact? You're ridden what, 3 Intamin launch coasters? How can you say Rita is the worst when you haven't ridden them all! Also I've had no problems with roughness on Rita.

Don't even say the launch is "powerful", as there is practically no difference in power to the other launches out there, maybe because people who say this; have only been on Rita or Stealth. Compared to other launch coasters Rita does not compete.

I couldn't care less whether Rita's launch is similar to others, It's still amazing.

Crow

Mega Poster
Lets just agree to disagree. We obviously have oposing views on what is important. I consider themeing one of the most important things in a park whilst you seem to have thrill higher up on your list.

I feel Rita ruins the area and has bad theming and you don't.
You think the ride is thrilling, I don't.

I suppose its just one of those things that'll never be agreed on.

Rush

Giga Poster
Rita is a good ride.

Oh sorry, did we mean the coaster? It's not that bad, it's a bit jerky but I think the launch is great and I did get quite a bit of air on it.

I'd much rather ride it over Stealth.

marc

CF Legend
By only liking coasters with theming it must mean you find a lot of coasters pointless as not many are themed tbh.

I am one of the few that does like Rita, I also get airtime and I dont get the bashing others get.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Kebab said:
It is rough. Up to the extent of Colossus rough.
I still don't understand why people find Rita to be rough. The first turn causes my shoulder to ache if I ride it too many times in a row with my arms up, but other than that, I find Rita to be glass smooth. Some people who's opinions I trust clearly have problems with roughness on that ride, but it's clearly a problem that affects some people and not others.

Kebab said:
Place it anywhere I'll still say its unimaginative combined with a boring design. Rita is quite simply the worst Intamin Rocket on the face of this Earth!? Compared to other launch coasters Rita does not compete.
Personally, I rate Rita as the best of the four accelerators I've ridden to date. Better than Stealth, much better than Storm Runner, much better than Kingda Ka. I'll take Rita's (slightly) longer layout and airtime over the height of the other accelerators any day.

Kebab said:
I find Rita's launch to have the most intense kick of any coaster I've ridden. I've ridden Rita more than any of the other accelerators, and so far every other accelerator has felt weaker by comparison.