What's new

Nanchang, China | Viper | GCI Wooden Coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Sorry Ben it is Intamin. Wanda themselves listed it on their site ages ago. I can try dig it up if you like. But it is 100% Intamin.

Could they even do that modern look with a ride that doesnt just drop after the lift?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Everything's been annoyingly quiet with respect to the new Wanda City in Nanchang. But stumbled upon this picture today which shows off the new Intamin hyper coaster and the custom SLC nicely.

That Intamin looks like it could have some pretty hefty airtime.

12080216_1476906535948073_4416479748696298559_o.jpg

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 8559_o.jpg

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
roomraider said:
That Intamin looks like it could have some pretty hefty airtime.
Those hills do look small and could be taken at some speed.

Le fuq at the bit between the lift hill and the drop.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
As weird and hideous as that Intamin looks, I do feel like riding a winged outer seat going through that would be insanely terrifying. :?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The latest Google Earth update around Wanda City in Nanchang shows off the coasters quite nicely.
Just check out the shadow on that Intamin hyper. That 1-2-3 punch to start should be pretty incredible.

12045327_1483485945290132_5578183411846660417_o.jpg

12095322_1483485988623461_2648569873663864414_o.jpg

12184986_1483485978623462_7528560417248734981_o.jpg

905733_1483485995290127_4071693340138805504_o.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So am I interpreting the beginning of that Intamin correctly - a lift into straight track, turn, then drop?

Man, the chinese can have some weird recipe orders.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
^ A turn around and a cable lift will produce that (e.g. El Toro) I just don't understand the straight bit of track between the turn around and the drop. Maybe its like an in-line twist or something before the drop.

lachlan

Mega Poster
elephant58 said:
Does that inverted thing have interlocking corkscrews?
Yep, looks like one of the most ambitious Chinese coasters yet. Whether it will actually be any good or not is another thing entirely

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
We have a POV of the Intamin now:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrCEZ3YU4XQ[/youtube]

Looks like a cross of Millennium Force and El Toro. It looks like it's going to have some pretty nice airtime to it. It also is said to have an 85* first drop that goes 84.5 mph(136 km/h) and has a 243 foot drop(74 m). Wow!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The drop looks fab, really fab. The rest just hits me as uninspired though, most of those hills will provide floater, which is fine, but B&M's do floater better.
Maybe the speed will make up for what looks to me like a naff layout, the real pov could change my mind though.
On first viewing the Mack at Lewa looks a lot better.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Should probably point out that the POV of the Intamin isn't official. It should be quite accurate though since the guy that does them seems to have done decent jobs in the past.

GCI have said that they're going to release the POV of the woodie, their biggest yet, at the upcoming IAAPA .

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
gavin said:
GCI have said that they're going to release the POV of the woodie, their biggest yet, at the upcoming IAAPA .

Excited to see this, will likely never ride it but am interested to see how it compares to Mountain Flyer.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: GhostRider revamp at Knott's Berry Farm

Wow! This thing looks great! The airtime looks relentless.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Am I the only one who finds GCI's designs to be a little bit tired now? It'd be great to see them spice things up with new elements to their rides instead of the typical drawn out airtime hills and the underbanked curves etc.

Ben

CF Legend
^Nope, I agree.

This looks great and I'm sure it'll be really fun but there's nothing new? Like it will be great and a really good version of what they've always done but it's still what they've always done, and with GG and RMC out there...