What's new

Nanchang, China | Viper | GCI Wooden Coaster

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great Coasters International released this video animation of Viper, a new wooden coaster that they will be building in Nanchang, China. The coaster will be 164 feet tall and 4920 feet long, making it the tallest, fastest, and longest wooden coaster in China and the tallest, fastest, and longest coaster the company has ever built. No info on the exact speed has been released, but it has to be over 56 mph since that's the top speed of Wooden Coaster - Fireball at Happy Valley, which is currently the fastest wooden coaster in China.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8iqJ8U__os[/youtube]

There's no listing for this coaster in rcdb and the company hasn't given the name of the park, but there are only two parks in Nanchang. Neither seem to be associated with the Wanda Group, which is the company GCI is working in contract with, so this could be for a new park. Of the two parks already in the area, Treasure Gourd Farm is the only possible candidate since it's located in an area similar to want is depicted in the animation and has a steel looping coaster (there's a steel looper in the background of the animation).

Hutch

Strata Poster
Wow that's big. Love the use of terrain and the pacing looks great. Kind of reminds me of Boulder Dash and with the speeds and the small airtime hills.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's huge, but looks really bland. No real big drops or airtime. Just gentle rolling hills....

EthC

Mega Poster
Tbh this looks big for the sake of being big, it doesn't look as fun as other woodies I have seen or been on. Who knows I could be surprised haha.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Wanda have released this image for the new trains on Viper

Viper.png

Source

Got to admit it looks pretty good and surprisingly like the source image.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Great sweeping lines in the design, with what looks to be good pops of airtime. And talk about ride length!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ben said:
What the actual **** is that Intamin!

Wand1.jpg

Its a freaking massive hyper coaster with I believe skyrush trains. Could be interesting :)

They also have a rare truly custom Chinese SLC just to keep everyone honest :p
Wand5.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
It's just so hideous!

It seems like a total step back from Skyrush, which has such sleek supporting.

Silly question and may have been answered - do we know it's actually Intamin?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Why does they drop tower look like a thorn Bush branch! Plus that Intamin looks crazy! They drop is not far off vertical by the looks of it!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^I think Falcon's Fury looked like that when it was going up, if I'm not mistaken those "thorns" are the mounts for rails and brakes and other hardware. Could be wrong though.

That Intamin looks vile and I hate that turn at the top but other than that SWEET **** JESUS I NEED THAT DROP AND TURN AND ANYTHING THAT MAY BE SIMILAR IN MY LIFE!!!! <3

The GCI looks amazing as well, can't wait to see how it turns out.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'm doing a lot of hunting today. Found this older but closer image of the Intamin

Wandachang4.jpg

And an image of Viper

Viper.jpg

mouse

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Silly question and may have been answered - do we know it's actually Intamin?
http://rcdb.com/9863.htm
Rcdb lists it as Intamin so I would assume it is true. I agree that it almost seems like Intamin have reverted back from the modern, sleek look of Skyrush and I305 with this coaster.

Ben

CF Legend
Hmmm, RCDB isn't always 100% accurate on these things though, especially when it comes to China.

Is there anything official?

I mean, I'm sure it is, but, just, why the ugly supports? WHY?!