What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
The old online booking system stated July 1st - the date has also been mentioned in a fair few press releases when it talks about Guiness World Records attending the opening event.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Why are there no construction pics yet? You'd think that considering the park opens in a few weeks we would have seen something by now.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
You pretty much answered your own question...

The park opens in a few weeks. If the park isn't open, nobody can go to take photos.

Anyway, the official YouTube channel for Flamingo Land says it will have a video update very very soon.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Mackem Lad said:

The park opens in a few weeks. If the park isn't open, nobody can go to take photos.

Then how do you think people get construction updates for all of the other rides undr construction?

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Patrick said:
Mackem Lad said:

Then how do you think people get construction updates for all of the other rides undr construction?

Photo updates on behalf of the park.

Besides, the ride isn't at the park yet. Tidal Wave was only removed last week.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Just imagine what they may have written if they lived near Thorpe...

Pierre

Strata Poster
Hey guys, theres a bit of an update with Nick Buckley on Flamingo Lands official Youtube channel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgLU7wCiMh8[/youtube]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love these updates, they're so "personal". You can feel the love going into this ride!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
These videos are great. I can't wait for the next installment in April. I also really like how the old guy who is working on the footers looks like a real Yorkshireman, like Fred Dibner! I can just imagen him building the entire coaster himself with nothing but a spanner and a bit of rope! If he did, you know it'd last 100 years.

And i've book my free hotel (i work for Holiday Inn) up in York, i'll be riding this on Monday 3rd August, fantastic.

Jools

Giga Poster
I may take Flamingoland and Lightwater Valley another trip this year, so glad they got rid of Tidal Wave, the most unthrilling, boring waste of time and space! I wasn't too impressed with the water ride either, but meh, not AS bad, but this WILL be a good replacment!

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Inverse said:
I also really like how the old guy who is working on the footers looks like a real Yorkshireman, like Fred Dibner! I can just imagen him building the entire coaster himself with nothing but a spanner and a bit of rope! If he did, you know it'd last 100 years.

Love it. :lol:

If it's not from Yorkshire, it's crap! :p

Pierre

Strata Poster
I think its because the video said 120 degrees, but a new update video has been released with correct stats (and is a slightly different video too)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYB_9DuWRpI[/youtube]

Edit : Upon looking at this new video, I'm slightly disappointed the entrance is going to be similar/identical to Kumalis, especially with it being so close, I'd have liked the new coaster to have abit of uniqueness.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Shame it's not a full update. The video says we'll have to wait for next month for that. I'd be interested in seeing some latest construction pictures.