What's new

Movie Park Germany Developments

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
For the retheme of the park's SLC MP Xpress to Lucky Luke repainting has started. Supports receiving a gold/brown/sandy colour it seems.
F565886F-F6F2-40E2-B9BB-E3931ACC260F.jpeg.d951a5c9f63d282b86f9d9b97d879f15.jpeg

Source: Instagram, MP_XPRESS_FANPAGE
http://instagr.am/p/B9wt-Rzo_rD/

Matt N

CF Legend
There are some teasers up for the 2021 investment:

I'm assuming it will be some sort of dark ride, as they're using the Ice Age space. Maybe something like a trackless might work? I'm not suggesting Mystic Manor by any means, but maybe an ETF Mystic Mover, like some of the smaller trackless rides at Motiongate, would work? An enclosed coaster could also be a possibility, but I'm not sure whether it would be too similar to Van Helsing's Factory; it could work, I suppose!

Nussimo

Roller Poster
Maybe the hint for an new gen vekoma or maybe even an rmc like untamed? The manger of the park rode untamed and really liked it. Just a stupid guess

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Are they fitting it with the new Vekoma Trains?
No. Its just a retheme for now but the park said they might try for new trains in the future. I imagine the budget from PR wasn't very big for this refurbishment.

Maybe the hint for an new gen vekoma or maybe even an rmc like untamed? The manger of the park rode untamed and really liked. Just a stupid guess
The question of RMC was put to the park in a recent Looopings podcast but they said they fans might want this, especially for Bandit, but they are focusing on the family market and such an extreme ride wouldn't fit. Bandit is apparently still popular with families and other than their bit by bit retracking scheme in recent years it won't be dramatically changed.

Very intrigued what the new indoor ride for 2021 will be. Presumably a dark ride, but what sort and what story or IP have they planned? Van Helsing, Star Trek, Excalibur and Area 51 have been great projects hopefully it continues!

SDaniel

Roller Poster
No. Its just a retheme for now but the park said they might try for new trains in the future. I imagine the budget from PR wasn't very big for this refurbishment.

The question of RMC was put to the park in a recent Looopings podcast but they said they fans might want this, especially for Bandit, but they are focusing on the family market and such an extreme ride wouldn't fit. Bandit is apparently still popular with families and other than their bit by bit retracking scheme in recent years it won't be dramatically changed.

Very intrigued what the new indoor ride for 2021 will be. Presumably a dark ride, but what sort and what story or IP have they planned? Van Helsing, Star Trek, Excalibur and Area 51 have been great projects hopefully it continues!
We rode Untamed with our 5 year old son and 7 year old daughter all day in july 2019! If we aren't family, I don't know what is!!?
RMC height requirement is only 48 inches! (1.20 meter). I think Bandit has a very good layout and we couldn't stop laughing during the ride, because of the roughness (in the bends)... If they are going re track Bandit, let them close it untill it's re tracked! In this tempo, they have to keep re tracking endlessly?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The MP Xpress retheme to 'Lucky Luke: The Ride: The Daltons Break Out' has been slowly continuing. The coaster supports have been repainted with different shades of brown.

The trains have been given a new colour scheme with each row alternating between yellow and black, presumably to look like striped prison clothing.

So far nothing else as been changed around the coaster yet, but testing has started today.
http://instagr.am/p/CCLWW-YoQJ5/ How much more will be done or when it opens is still unknown.

EDIT:
Movie Park have announced MP Xpress reopens tomorrow. The theming has been pushed back to 2021 due to the Coronavirus situation. So no Lucky Luke until then!
http://instagr.am/p/CCMLIsYgisM/

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I wonder what it could be? Intamin has got a very diverse range of products, so it could be pretty much anything!

Did I imagine it, or did Intamin manufacture the original Ice Age attraction? If so, nice to see them bringing them back on to build its replacement as a token gesture!