What's new

Most annoying thing at a park.

Most annoying ?

• Queue Jumpers

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Know it alls (but they don't know anything!)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Stupid comparissons (e.g, dragon khan to corkscrew)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Braggers of where and what parks they have been.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Explaining the ride in the queue (bu, explain it wrong)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queue stoppers (watche the ride, don't move on, you get the point)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please state below)

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Nic

Strata Poster
Other - Poor batching.

This REALLY pisses me off, especially if there's a massive queue, and gaps are being left unnecessarily. I realise that it's maybe not as easy as it looks, and that you can potentially waste more time by waiting to fill gaps, but often there's no excuse. One train operation on Speed with 2 adjacent seats (bear in mind, that's 1/4 of the seats on the train!) going empty on basically every other circuit, causing an hour long queue. Its not as if its hard to find a 2 to fill a gap. Rides that have airgates, but don't fill them until they're open, then wonder why there's empty seats should all be burned. Having 2 single riders in separate rows without asking them to pair up and create space for a pair is also another classic example.

Equally though, it makes me really happy if I see it done well. We saw a couple of very good examples at Thorpe last weekend which really did help to improve my opinion of operations at the park.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
The most annoying thing at a park isn't on the poll: Unnecessary Screamers.
These are the people that yell as loud as they possibly can for noooo reason.
Yelling down MF's first drop? Fine. Yelling at TTD's launch? How could you not!
Yelling before the lapbars are even locked? "Please leave my planet, good miss"

Yes, I have seen (and heard) people do things like that

Edit: Should have voted "other". Oops...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Mmmmm unnecessary screamers, good one!
God they are annoying.

I don't know if it's monkey see monkey do, but EVERY dispatch on Skyrush had train fulls of hysterical screaming the moment it started moving forward. Some managed to hold out until the first row hit the lift :O

LOL
So annoying

Also this may be a rarity but annoying riders in general. On Mean Streak these 2 girls sat directly behind us (and the train was nearly empty so not like they needed to) screaming, yelling at the top of their lungs like they were possessed, shoving their arms forward (not up, forward) in our faces. Like right in our faces.
It MUST have been to piss us off, and mission successful. ****!!!

nadroJ

CF Legend
OMG, unnecessary screaming <//3. On Great Bear at Hershey we had a group of ridiculous girls in front of us howling the whole way up the lift hill and continued until the car was back in the station (so even on the break run). So annoying and stupid.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Know it alls and stupid comparisons.

I've lost count on the amount of times I've heard someone say "when I went to Florida..."

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Hmm, thats a tough one between the queue jumpers and the know it alls. I think the know it alls have a slight edge partially due to the fact I have had to argue with somebody over no way out, they were convinced it had "Loops" and refused to believe otherwise. Also it turns out the majority of my friends think the safety nets under Rush are for catching people who fall off the ride.....*sigh* Also I don't see the problem with queue stoppers, it's almost better in some ways because when you do finally move on, the wait seems shorter....and also I do enjoy watching rides as they go around or the ride videos on swarm/oblivion. Infact I have had the most annoying case of queue jumping whilst I was accidentally stopping the queue, I was literally standing still for ten seconds and the group behind me of chavs decided the best thing to do was not to ask me to move on or make some form of gesture, but was actually for them to take my place in the queue. How rude can people be. Thankfully when I said "Oh you appear to have taken my place, can we please swap" they didn't create a fuss.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
When you already know everything about roller coasters, it is so difficult to try not to correct those who are misinformed or are drawing false conclusions about rides.

Know it alls and braggers.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
incessant screamers here too - either that or people who have disabled bands and don't really need them "But I have ocd....." or something just as ridiculous!!

Jer

Strata Poster
I hate the screamers, it is the most annoying **** I can think of. The other crap pisses me off, not so much as to bring me to scream explicitives at girls on a SLC, or give a small child an evil look and nearly tell him to "Shut the **** up". It bothers me even when im not on the ride, every time I go to Gadv, and walk past Superman when it's running, some girl is screaming in the damn station just because of the trains.

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster
Whenever people smoke in the queuelines, albeit smoking being restricted to the back of the mountain in the park (Liseberg, Sweden). Screaming isn't very prominent here, thankfully, except on Atmosfear.