What's new

Most annoying thing at a park.

Most annoying ?

• Queue Jumpers

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Know it alls (but they don't know anything!)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Stupid comparissons (e.g, dragon khan to corkscrew)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Braggers of where and what parks they have been.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Explaining the ride in the queue (bu, explain it wrong)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queue stoppers (watche the ride, don't move on, you get the point)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please state below)

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Jer

Strata Poster
It relaly pisses me off when people explain rides wrong, it's just sooo annoying..Urgh

I'm rally one of those people who always need to say the right thing aobut something and rides are no execption and I find it really annoying when people say the wrong facts, and don't realize it.

A

Anonymous

People that dress up like superheros when they ride S:Ros MD

And I'm not joking. This guy is wearing a cape, superman boxers, tights, and a shirt. He was a nice guy though and was a member of ACE so I had to give him some props. But his outfit pissed me off.

Snoo

The Legend
Know it alls who know nothing. If other enthusiasts know what they are talking about, more power to them, but to the idiots who think they are right when they are MASSIVELY off, bothers the hell outta me.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes, the amount of times I've been queing for Stealth and heard "theres one of these in the US, but like 12 times taller".

But in saying that, I heard that when queing for most rides!

A

Anonymous

In the River Caves at PBB, when I was with the Guide for the second time, we managed to become queue stoppers. :oops: :lol: We were just talking, and I took a group photo. After that, I realized that the people in front of us were at the other side of the queueline!!!! There isn't anything to do in that queueline, so some people probably thought that we were crazy. :lol:

I don't find very many people annoying, but queue jumpers are probably the worst people.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I once got done for queue jumping, wrongly. I was in the main queue for Spinball at Alton and I realised I should have been in the Single Rider. I hopped over the fence and queued in the single riders. The main queue ended up quicker and I still got done for queue jumping. :x :x

Most annoying thing though is Smoking in Queuelines. Especcialy when I'm stood next to them.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hmmm tough one, but it's gotta be queue jumpers.
I mean, how can it not be??

Especially when they are dicks about it.
Two cut a whole ton of people on line for Skyrush (a 2 hour wait keep in mind) and to my friends I commented about it. Guess they heard me, the girl got real in my face about it and her guido looking BF kept "murmuring" things about me, usually calling me another word for homosexual, the entire time.

This from the people who CUT a huge part of a long line...some nerve!

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Queue jumpers, including the little kids that just run past as if you're not there, to them the queue only starts when they reach the people who are stood still, so annoying.

The 'know it alls' amuse me more than anything else, I wouldn't actually bother to argue with them, i'd just stand back and chuckle.

I don't mind queue stoppers, as long as there is still a queue in front of them it's not like you're going to get on the ride any slower just because you have to wait a few seconds for someone to take a picture or something. I hope other people view it the same way because I tend to take quite a few pictures myself.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Queuing for Rita the other week, two chavs had a full blown argument about whats faster 'Stealth Or Rita'. By the sound of it, one had already been on Stealth and not Rita, the other was the same with Rita and not Stealth, I thought these guys were going to have a full-on fight at one point. The 'Rita is 100mph' comments always get to me though...

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I'm a pretty non-confrontational person so I used to just let queue jumpers go without saying anything, but over the years I've started to actually speak out & stop them.

The most common situation I've experienced is when my party & I are at a part of the line which is already standing still, and all of a sudden, here come one or two people cutting through saying something like "Excuse me, we're trying to catch up to our group.. excuse me.. excuse me.." As if using polite language and offering an explanation for your line-cutting is going to downplay the fact that you are cutting in line? No, it isn't. Now, when this happens, I'll stop them & say something along the lines of "I'm sorry, but you can't cut in line. That's just not how it works. If you want to ride with the rest of your group, you should all get in line together. Maybe you can get them to come back in line to wait with you."

Of course, nobody ever reacts very positively to this, but I've found that it works. I'm fairly sure that a large portion of the time, there is no "group" at all for them to catch up to. Sneaky bastards.

tribar

Mega Poster
Long Lines, not running full amount of trains, outragoes prices, overrated rides (waiting an hour for a ride that's slightly above a kiddie coaster) etc.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Well. After the US live I'd say the GP can't stand people who don't move immediately when there is space in front of them. As show by Rich when made so many people angry. They got so fed up at one point they decided to clap and cheered when he finally moved.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LOL! Richard <3

We saw it in Germany too. We're filming and taking photos as we wait in line and people are getting really skittish about there being a gap between our group and the rest of the queue.

It's stupid, it really is but it's ingrained in human nature. We abhor a vacuum. So you feel pushed ot move on, which you do, which means that before there was a 20 minute wait and now there is a 20 minute wait but with less gaps :roll: